Death Zone season 2, what might be

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Death Zone season 2, what might be

Post by Milo »

CyberedElf wrote:I'll jump in on both sides a little.
Previous editions had a lot of optional rules, in time we (as a community) got used to a basic set and considered them normal. In time this will happen again. Just growing pains, so to speak.
Milo wrote:"Special Play Cards are not used. Star Players available are as per CRP rules pack. All pitches use standard kick-off table results. No special referees are allowed for this event."
"I want to use the Winter Pitch weather table, can I?" It's not as simple as you implied.
Well, it is as simple as I implied, but I accidentally wrote "kick-off table" instead of "weather table". I did include that line specifically to account for the Winter Pitch, but then goofed.
CyberedElf wrote:Most of the people here know what all has come out. Expecting every TO to be aware of all GW released options for BB is a tough demand.
Not that I have any desire for GW to quit BB again, but as long as they are actively publishing new options, this concern will be a problem.
Agreed -- but part of my point is that this was a problem way back when when GW was putting out new rules too. We just got used to a static environment, with no changes whatsoever. That's great for tournament play, which expects stability to ensure that a 2-0 Halfling win over Necromantic TODAY is worth the same as a 2-0 Halfling win over Necromantic five years ago.

But frankly, I think it's going to be good in the long term, and for non-tournament types of play, to see what GW is putting out in the upcoming Death Zone seasons. I'm excited about it. I hope everyone else is too.

Reason: ''
Milo

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

Milo wrote:
CyberedElf wrote:I'll jump in on both sides a little.
Previous editions had a lot of optional rules, in time we (as a community) got used to a basic set and considered them normal. In time this will happen again. Just growing pains, so to speak.
Milo wrote:"Special Play Cards are not used. Star Players available are as per CRP rules pack. All pitches use standard kick-off table results. No special referees are allowed for this event."
"I want to use the Winter Pitch weather table, can I?" It's not as simple as you implied.
Well, it is as simple as I implied, but I accidentally wrote "kick-off table" instead of "weather table". I did include that line specifically to account for the Winter Pitch, but then goofed.
CyberedElf wrote:Most of the people here know what all has come out. Expecting every TO to be aware of all GW released options for BB is a tough demand.
Not that I have any desire for GW to quit BB again, but as long as they are actively publishing new options, this concern will be a problem.
Agreed -- but part of my point is that this was a problem way back when when GW was putting out new rules too. We just got used to a static environment, with no changes whatsoever. That's great for tournament play, which expects stability to ensure that a 2-0 Halfling win over Necromantic TODAY is worth the same as a 2-0 Halfling win over Necromantic five years ago.

But frankly, I think it's going to be good in the long term, and for non-tournament types of play, to see what GW is putting out in the upcoming Death Zone seasons. I'm excited about it. I hope everyone else is too.
Three Thumbs Up!!!

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

Stashman and Milo,

I really don't want to be argumentative, and would much rather be part of the solution than be in opposition and 'poo poo' the new release. I am very excited for the new releases and BB2016 in general, and I love Andy Hoare's enthusiasm.

All I'm flagging is there is a potential issue that is _beginning_ to look like a disturbing trend. I for one love the idea of the sales of new decks of Special Play cards (to name but one) - although would prefer them to be tied to the release of Deathzone Season II (or whatever it will be called) in much the same way as the old cards came out with the Deathzone expansion in 1994.

And with that, I'll shut up and wait for the release of the dwarves to hit stores.

=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser

Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.
Flytime1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flytime1 »

Babs wrote: All I'm flagging

And with that, I'll shut up and wait for the release of the dwarves to hit stores.

Luckily the pre order starts on this saturday. :)

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Or unluckily if they sell out as fast as the Rats did. ;)

MagicElmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MagicElmo »

Yep, and the Dwarven dice are already sold out! :o
They either only produce a handful of those or BB is far more successful than they anticipated. :D

Luckily I don't care much for the dice.
I'd rather see the Big Guys for the 4 teams now been sold before Death Zone S2 hits the shelves.

Lecter1972
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lecter1972 »

MagicElmo wrote:Yep, and the Dwarven dice are already sold out! :o
They either only produce a handful of those or BB is far more successful than they anticipated. :D

I'd rather see the Big Guys for the 4 teams now been sold before Death Zone S2 hits the shelves.
The Dwarf Giants dice have probably been snaffled by ebayers

I saw on Facebook someone claiming you could order whatever quantity you wanted when they first went online

Considering they were sold out in less than 5 minutes it's safe to say the ebayers have won the day

Really think they should limit the dice to 1 per person to stop this

My blogpost https://l72smetalminiaturesmusings.wordpress.com/
MagicElmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MagicElmo »

Lecter1972 wrote:I saw on Facebook someone claiming you could order whatever quantity you wanted when they first went online
Now that would be sad.
I agree they should limit the quantity of those per sale as it's an easy way to avoid dissapointments with some di(c)e hard fans (sorry for the terribe pun).

Just checked ebay. Those Skaven Dice are been sold for around 50€? :o
That's mental. Someone could get Willy's full Ratmen team (including dice for that).

Hope no one is buying at those prices. :|

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

They shouldn't limit, they should actually just produce more. That way the scalpers buy a lot, the players buy a lot and everyone is happy apart from the scalpers who realise they have way too many dice and need to sell them at a loss :)

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

Not to say "I told you so" or anything about the issue I've been banging on about but:
voyagers_uk wrote:I truly hope that GW will collate all their rules (optional, experimental, crazy and legitimate) into one PDF or rulebook.
As a league commissioner, my sanity is being tested by league members asking if we will use this rule or that rule. I have been hard line so far with the CRP, but will allow Weeping Blades.
If there was a source document that was up to date with the optional/experimental rules added to the optional rules section, Life would be easier for me, veterans and new coaches alike.
and
WeeManBiggins wrote:Until this is done (hopefully it will) I have compiled a new league handbook for my league. I have sectioned changes/amendments into four headers: Core rules (CRP - BB2016), Death Zones, League Rules (House rules) and White Dwarf.
This makes it easier for coaches in the league to see what has changed, what is new and what new rules we wont be using (special cards for each game, etc...).
Sounds like a lot of effort to me.

ex-BBRC member

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Lecter1972 wrote:
MagicElmo wrote:Yep, and the Dwarven dice are already sold out! :o

The Dwarf Giants dice have probably been snaffled by ebayers

I saw on Facebook someone claiming you could order whatever quantity you wanted when they first went online

Considering they were sold out in less than 5 minutes it's safe to say the ebayers have won the day

Really think they should limit the dice to 1 per person to stop this
Yeah there's a dozen up on e-bay already all going for at least £30 and some as high as £60!

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Slothman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Slothman »

Babs wrote:......

Sounds like a lot of effort to me.
They are not the only ones. I have gone the CRP ONLY route just because there is sooooo many different areas to get the rules, or variants, or test, or fun......blah blah blah I just can't keep up with them and account for each and every one.

IMO League Play and Tournament Play is what has kept BB alive for so long. Removing league play for "fun games" isn't ideal.

The fact I have to be forced to use the CRP to make my life easier (and that of the coaches, because lets face it none of them will read the rules, they will ask can I) kind of defeats the purpose of releasing all this stuff in sporadic sections.

Personally I have not purchased anything (nor have any of the local players) due to this.

I still don't understand why GW didn't release the "core rule book" in the boxed set. Essentially all the rules (beginner and advanced), all the skills included in this set. Then release a Deathzone with ALL the teams, League Rules/Variations and FLUFF THE LIVING HELL OUT OF IT. Its the fluff of blood bowl that makes the game awesome especially to new players. I would have purchased both the box set and the DZ on launch day..no questions asked.

Then you could release whatever you wanted whenever you wanted because those 2 documents alone are enough to run games, leagues and tournaments.

I would have paid for that. I refuse to pay for DZ1 and then DZ2 to cover stuff not in DZ1, than DZ3 to cover stuff not in....etc etc etc

whiskey tango foxtrot
Rookie
Rookie

Post by whiskey tango foxtrot »

Any one think there'll be a chance a full Ogre team might show up?

How about Norse?

GW already showed a single Ogre model (although I think it'll be for the human team as such)

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

I've been told that Forgeworld will develop a miniature for everything that sees print.

As such, that therefore means that they will develop all the teams and stars from DZ1 first. Any teams that make print in DZ2 would therefore follow that 'development order'.

ex-BBRC member

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Babs wrote:I've been told that Forgeworld will develop a miniature for everything that sees print.

As such, that therefore means that they will develop all the teams and stars from DZ1 first. Any teams that make print in DZ2 would therefore follow that 'development order'.
If that's true that Forgeworld are really going to start pumping out the minis, or we won't be seeing DZ2 stuff for quite a while.