Death Zone season 2, what might be

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Death Zone season 2, what might be

Post by stashman »

Love DZ2

Reason: ''
zebulon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zebulon »

I like the work that has been done on this death zone 2.

If I had to make a remark, in addition to the absence of translation, it would be the absence in the book of an update of the pre/post matchs séquence. It would have been practical though.

If not, nice job. The stadiums and the sponsoring could be great for some league.

Ligue BN
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

zebulon wrote:If I had to make a remark, in addition to the absence of translation, it would be the absence in the book of an update of the pre/post matchs séquence. It would have been practical though.
There was one planned, but it was cut for space (the vagaries of print media). It'll make an appearance sooner or later, though.

Milo

Hegel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hegel »

What is this swoop skill mentioned in the leaked picture of the goblin roster ?

kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

Hegel wrote:What is this swoop skill mentioned in the leaked picture of the goblin roster ?
+1 to land, scatter with throw in template instead of 8-way template.

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

Ok, my two cents after reading DZ2. I think it is a great book. Lots of fluff which fits the game very well, something really missing in the previous DZ. Fleshing out the star players is an awesome idea. Also, the version for the app has an index now, which is great.

Regarding the new league rules, I like all except the rules for the referees (fluff is good). They all increase the chance of being sent off which I don't really think is needed. None make fouling easier, which could be a good balance. I would make them less powerful. For example:

Halflings: If player is ejected, roll d6. O a 6, they argue among themselves and the player stays.
Norse: If Ejected, player can decide to stay. Roll for injury as if with MB. You cannot argue the call
Dwarf: If roll doubles and player is ejected, you can argue the call. On a 6, player stays and get +1 FAME as you knew the rules better than the legendary dwarf. If 2-5, head coach is ejected too and -1 FAME. 1, you piss off the referee, get ejected, -1FAME and no more bribes are allower
Ogre: If Player ejected from a foul is from the winning team, roll for armor with MB and he gets ejected. You can use bribe/argue the call (even if you are the losing team) but on a 1 the referee smacks the head coach too and he is out for this game and the next.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Lots of good feedback on Death Zone 2 now that it's in the wild, which is encouraging.

I understand that some people find the new Infamous Refs to be a net negative to fouling, which -- in general -- they are. (The Triplets could potentially make it more likely for a foul to remove a player, though.) For some leagues, this may be sorely needed... we've all seen teams that really like to put the boot in, and if your league is suffering from one, these might help.

If, on the other hand, you want to have them for added flavor, but not to additionally penalize fouling (which I can understand might be preferable), I would suggest disabling the "ejected on a doubles" roll for armor rolls (when an infamous ref is in attendance=, and replacing it with the special rules for the infamous ref. (Still, you should be ejected on a double INJURY roll, since otherwise you'd be exchanging 2 1-in-6 chances for a single 1-in-6 chance, which would be taking the rules the opposite direction.)

That would give you the variable impacts of the (in)famous refs without making fouling substantially worse. Then, some teams might even welcome the Triplets (for the extra chance to get a fouled player ejected) or Jorm (some teams like Orcs might prefer an armor/injury roll over ejection).

Milo

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Milo wrote:...... or Jorm (some teams like Orcs might prefer an armor/injury roll over ejection).
Aw ha, that was going to be my next question, I thought that was the case but its not immediately clear as to why you would take an amour roll.

I like all the rules, being optional they's nothing which ruins the game but loads to broaden it if wanted.
I guess there is nothing stopping a League Commissioner from writing his own set of rules for referees using the same template as the others. I have a few ideas for that already.

The only other thing I wasn't clear on other than the Jorm example above is when you purchase a stadium. Dose it effect the game in any way, do you get any of the benefits from the tables on pages 32-34 (astro-granit for example) or is it just the monetary bonus' for winning.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Astro-granit is coming back? Oh man, I hope my DZ2 package arrives soon! The ref rules are sounding pretty interesting too.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

faust_33 wrote:Astro-granit is coming back? Oh man, I hope my DZ2 package arrives soon! The ref rules are sounding pretty interesting too.
Yeah theres cool rules for different pitchs. Infact theres 4 differnt tables. You choose at random useing D8 then roll on the chosen table to see the effect.

Astro-granit is one of them.

Finally theres rules for them trap doors too :)

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
fanglord13
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fanglord13 »

frogboy wrote:Glart must be getting old, and fatter. Nice drop in cost :)

New book looks great :D
Nope, this is Glart Smashrib NOT Glart Smashrib Jr ;) imagine both onche same Skaven team :smoking: