Blood Bowl Content in White Dwarf Magazine

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Blood Bowl Content in White Dwarf Magazine

Post by faust_33 »

@Baxx: don't forget "Dice sets for each team"
I also have a feeling there will be game boards/mats for all the teams eventually.

@Milo: And a big hurray for plastic teams. So far I've really enjoyed the price point and the overall quality of the plastic minis over the resin ones from FW.

Yea, I wasn't worried about GW abandoning BB. Just lamenting on picking up a subscription to a magazine that carries no interest to me outside of BB. Only myself to blame on that one though.

Reason: ''
Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

faust_33 wrote:@Baxx: don't forget "Dice sets for each team"
I also have a feeling there will be game boards/mats for all the teams eventually.
Ahh yes, dice and possibly mats.

So far we've seen a huge amount of additional stuff for each team released:
-alternative sculpts (orcs & humans)
-dice (orcs, humans, skaven x 2, dwarves, goblins)
-alternative dice (orcs, humans)
-cardboard pitch (orcs, humans, skaven, dwarves)
-alternative mousemat pitch (humans, orcs, goblins, not widely available yet due to production/quality problems)
-4 match events (humans, orcs, only 3 for skaven, dwarves)
-1 star player (orcs, skaven, humans, dwaves)
-1 team specific ball (spiky ball for all teams, orcs, skaven, dwarves, 3x balls for goblins)
-1 inducement (orcs, humans, skaven, dwarves)

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Nothing for Blood Bowl tabletop in the August White Dwarf.

There is an ad for Blood Bowl 2 Legendary and one pic of a BB Human someone had painted up.

They did say something about some possible Necromunda news in next month's mag. I've never played, but always been interested.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Not surprising, but I didn't see any Blood Bowl content in September's White Dwarf magazine.

I was a little surprised that there was no follow-up on Necromunda though, after the hint in the previous magazine. I'm not a Warhammer player, but they had an interesting look back over the years. A celebration of the WH40K 30 year anniversary.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

faust_33 wrote:Not surprising, but I didn't see any Blood Bowl content in September's White Dwarf magazine.

I was a little surprised that there was no follow-up on Necromunda though, after the hint in the previous magazine. I'm not a Warhammer player, but they had an interesting look back over the years. A celebration of the WH40K 30 year anniversary.
I thought the Necromunda was Shadow war 6 months ago?

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

You've not been keeping Up! New edition of Necromunda announced at the recent FW open day.
So far it looks like all the promo stuff is going on the community website. I imagine we'll see more in WD closer to the release. I don't know when that is btw.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

JT-Y wrote:You've not been keeping Up! New edition of Necromunda announced at the recent FW open day.
So far it looks like all the promo stuff is going on the community website. I imagine we'll see more in WD closer to the release. I don't know when that is btw.
Thanks, that's amazing news!

Rumours I've heard from this forum said there won't be much new Blood Bowl releases until November/December. I wouldn't expect to see much Blood Bowl content in WD before then. Rumours say Pro Elves in plastic are up next also Minotaur, more booster packs and possibly followed by DZ Season 3.

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

That's the case pretty much. In order to get the stuff we want in plastic we have to wait. I'm sure it'll pick up again in due course.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Well, Jip already posted this in another thread, but figured I'll add the info here to keep it up to date.

December issue.

"There’s an article about the new releases (which you can learn about on the official and unofficial Blood Bowl Facebook pages, anyway) and a piece by James Hewitt about running successful leagues."

There was a special play card in the magazine (for once I'm really glad I went with a physical book) "Naughty or Nice". Also there were cards for Warhammer Quest, which makes me pretty intrigued about that game. It was good to see Blood Bowl back, and we know it was delayed because of manufacturing shifts to plastic models. Personally I'd rather endure the wait for better, cheaper models. It also gave them time to spotlight other games like Necromunda. There was a nice article on a city in Warhammer Quest, which again makes me curious about that game. We played HeroQuest, Advanced HeroQuest, and then Warhammer Quest. AHQ was pretty much our favorite, but we often used elements of all of them.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

January 2018 - a mention in a Year in Review article. An article featuring some painted Blood Bowl teams. "Blood Bowl" is also listed as an item for Next Month.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

February 2018

"Getting Started with ... Blood Bowl" - intro piece.
Match Report - "The Swift and the Deadly" Elfheim Eagles vs the Mongrel Horde Chaos Renegades
Golden Demon: Classic 2017 (Blood Bowl teams and Warhammer 40k)
"In the Bunker" Short snippet about Chain Pushing with none other than JT-Y!