Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » General Chat




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Blitzmania Kickoff Table
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:38 am 
Super Star
Super Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am
Posts: 957
I've screenshotted the various options on the Blitzmania Kickoff Table and present them here to you in tabular format, in case you want to use them WITHOUT the My Dugout app.

2 - UM... WHERE'S THE REF: Both teams are lined up, waiting for the whistle to blow, when they realise that the Ref's nowhere to be seen! Looks like it's time for some Blitzmania-style anarchy. For the duration of this drive, any number of players can make a Foul action each turn. In addition, players cannot be sent of for Fouling, using Secret Weapons, or anything else.
3 - BREAKING SCANDAL: A wave of excited conversation ripples through the crowd... a fresh scandal has come to light, and the new vendors outside the stadium have got all the juicy gossip! Each player rolls a D3 and reduces their FAME by that much for the rest of the match, as fans stampede out of the stadium - and yes, FAME can go into negative figures. In addition, each player rolls a D6 for each of their players that is within 2 squares of the sidelines. On a roll of 1 or 2, they are Knocked Down by errant fans.
4 - BOLSTER THE LINE: From the Dugout, the offence looks pretty weak -- and the benched players decide to do something about it! The receiving player rolls a D6 for each player in their Reserves box. On a result of 4, 5 or 6, that player can be set up in their team's End Zone.
5 - ROGUE BALL: One of the fans has not only brought their replica Blood Bowl ball to the game, they've decided to fling it onto the pitch just as the real ball's in the air! The kicking team's coach places a second ball anywhere in the receiving team's half -- this will scatter in the same way as the first ball, once the first ball's scatter has been resolved. Players may not pick-up, catch or intercept a ball if they are already carrying one. A ball bouncing into the square with the other ball will bounce again. After each player has had one turn, pick one ball at random; that ball (revealed as the replica) bursts, and is removed from play.
6 - BLOODTHIRSTY FANS: Goaded on by the screaming fans, one player snaps and starts the violence a moment early! Each coach rolls a D3 and adds their FAME and the number of cheerleaders on their team to the score. A random player on the team with the highest score is driven to an act of bloodlust, and can immediately make a Blitz action.
7 - CHANGING WEATHER: As per the standard Kickoff table.
8 - QUESTIONABLE COACHING: Each coach rolls a D3 and adds their FAME (see page 18 of the Blood Bowl rule book) and the number of assistant coaches on their team to the score. The coach of the team with the lowest total has upset one of the players with a last-minute call, and they head back to the Dugout to set things straight -- missing the drive in the process! One randomly determine player from that team that is on the pitch is placed in the Reserves box.
9 - VIOLENT OUTBURST: The defense has been worked into a frenzy before lining up for the kick-off. Every player on the receiving team that is adjacent to one (and only one) enemy player can immediately make a bonus Block action. Team re-rolls cannot be made during these actions, and if a player on the receiving team is Knocked Down, the bonus actions come to an end and no more Blocks can be thrown.
10 - SNEAKY SPRINT: One player on the defense makes use of a distraction in the crowd to dash into the other team's half. A random player on the kicking team who is not on the line of scrimmage, and is not in an enemy player's tackle zone is removed from play. The kicking team's coach can then set them up anywhere in the receiving team's half, in a square that does not contain another player or the ball; they then move D6 squares in a random direction (determined using the scatter template) stopping before they would move into an occupied square or the square containing the ball.
11 - PELTED BY THE CROWD: A recent scandal has cast one of the teams in a poor light, and the fans have decided that this is the moment to show their disapproval. Each coach rolls a D6 and adds their FAME (see page 18 of the Blood Bowl rule book) to the roll. The team that rolls lower is pelted by rotten vegetables, promotional merchandise and smaller members of the crowd. Roll a D6 for each player on the team; on a roll of 1, they are Placed Prone.
12 - BIG MONEY IN THE HOUSE: Some of Blitzmania's most lucrative sponsors have turned up to watch the drive, encouraging the players to give it their absolute best. Roll a D6 -- each team gains that many bonus team re-rolls (up to a maximum of 8 ). In addition, during this drive, teams can use more than one team re'roll in a turn (a roll can still never be re-rolled more than once). Any of these bonus re-rolls that have not been used by the end of the drive are lost.

_________________
Milo


Image


Last edited by Milo on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blitzmania Kickoff Table
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:22 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:01 am
Posts: 27
thanks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blitzmania Kickoff Table
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:16 pm 
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:30 am
Posts: 4827
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation
NO THANKS! :roll:

_________________
LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
GW attacked the community;
NAF supports GW;
elF them both!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blitzmania Kickoff Table
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:25 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:35 pm
Posts: 61
Milo wrote:
I've screenshotted the various options on the Blitzmania Kickoff Table and present them here to you in tabular format, in case you want to use them WITHOUT the My Dugout app.
2 - UM... WHERE'S THE REF:
3 - BREAKING SCANDAL:
4 - BOLSTER THE LINE:
5 - ROGUE BALL:
6 - BLOODTHIRSTY FANS:
8 - QUESTIONABLE COACHING:
9 - VIOLENT OUTBURST:
10 - SNEAKY SPRINT:
11 - PELTED BY THE CROWD:
12 - BIG MONEY IN THE HOUSE: S


Thanks. It seems like they have fixed some of the broken results but then broken some of the balanced results on the Kick Off Table...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blitzmania Kickoff Table
 Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:54 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 11:47 pm
Posts: 87
Questions regarding multiple of these results:

Milo wrote:
6 - BLOODTHIRSTY FANS: Goaded on by the screaming fans, one player snaps and starts the violence a moment early! Each coach rolls a D3 and adds their FAME and the number of cheerleaders on their team to the score. A random player on the team with the highest score is driven to an act of bloodlust, and can immediately make a Blitz action.

What about ties? No effect? Re-roll?
Milo wrote:
8 - QUESTIONABLE COACHING: Each coach rolls a D3 and adds their FAME (see page 18 of the Blood Bowl rule book) and the number of assistant coaches on their team to the score. The coach of the team with the lowest total has upset one of the players with a last-minute call, and they head back to the Dugout to set things straight -- missing the drive in the process! One randomly determine player from that team that is on the pitch is placed in the Reserves box.

What about ties? No effect? Apply effect on both teams? Re-roll?
Milo wrote:
9 - VIOLENT OUTBURST: The defense has been worked into a frenzy before lining up for the kick-off. Every player on the receiving team that is adjacent to one (and only one) enemy player can immediately make a bonus Block action. Team re-rolls cannot be made during these actions, and if a player on the receiving team is Knocked Down, the bonus actions come to an end and no more Blocks can be thrown.

The wording here is very strange. The defense is worked into a frenzy. Players on the receiving (offense) team can make bonus blocks. What's your interpretation here? Is the fluff wrong, or the rule as written? What is most balanced (or most fun), to apply this bonus to defense or offense?
Milo wrote:
11 - PELTED BY THE CROWD: A recent scandal has cast one of the teams in a poor light, and the fans have decided that this is the moment to show their disapproval. Each coach rolls a D6 and adds their FAME (see page 18 of the Blood Bowl rule book) to the roll. The team that rolls lower is pelted by rotten vegetables, promotional merchandise and smaller members of the crowd. Roll a D6 for each player on the team; on a roll of 1, they are Placed Prone.

What about ties? No effect? Apply to both teams? Re-roll?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blitzmania Kickoff Table
 Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:04 pm 
Super Star
Super Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am
Posts: 957
Baxx wrote:
Questions regarding multiple of these results:

Milo wrote:
6 - BLOODTHIRSTY FANS: Goaded on by the screaming fans, one player snaps and starts the violence a moment early! Each coach rolls a D3 and adds their FAME and the number of cheerleaders on their team to the score. A random player on the team with the highest score is driven to an act of bloodlust, and can immediately make a Blitz action.

What about ties? No effect? Re-roll?


In the CRP/BB2016, most dice-off kickoff results apply equally to both teams on ties. I didn't write these rules so don't take this as anything official, but my preference would be to re-roll for this one, since otherwise you have to determine which team gets to take their Blitz action first.

Baxx wrote:
Milo wrote:
8 - QUESTIONABLE COACHING: Each coach rolls a D3 and adds their FAME (see page 18 of the Blood Bowl rule book) and the number of assistant coaches on their team to the score. The coach of the team with the lowest total has upset one of the players with a last-minute call, and they head back to the Dugout to set things straight -- missing the drive in the process! One randomly determine player from that team that is on the pitch is placed in the Reserves box.

What about ties? No effect? Apply effect on both teams? Re-roll?


Given the general rule of "apply to both teams where possible", I'd have this happen to both teams on a tie.

Baxx wrote:
Milo wrote:
9 - VIOLENT OUTBURST: The defense has been worked into a frenzy before lining up for the kick-off. Every player on the receiving team that is adjacent to one (and only one) enemy player can immediately make a bonus Block action. Team re-rolls cannot be made during these actions, and if a player on the receiving team is Knocked Down, the bonus actions come to an end and no more Blocks can be thrown.

The wording here is very strange. The defense is worked into a frenzy. Players on the receiving (offense) team can make bonus blocks. What's your interpretation here? Is the fluff wrong, or the rule as written? What is most balanced (or most fun), to apply this bonus to defense or offense?


Yeah, I agree the wording is confusing. Since this is a replacement for Quick Snap, which usually benefits the receiving team, I would change the background test to "offense" instead of "defense" and continue to allow the receiving team to benefit from the blocks.

Most of the kickoff results on the standard kickoff table are either a dice-off or affect both teams. However, Quick Snap (9) and High Kick (5) clearly benefit the receiving team; Blitz (10) and Perfect Defense (4) clearly benefit the kicking team. On the Blitzmania kickoff table, Sneaky Sprint (10) and Rogue Ball (5) help the kicking team, and Bolster the Line (4) helps the receiving team. Based on that, I think it's obvious that this Violent Outburst should also help the receiving team, just to keep them balanced for both teams.

Baxx wrote:
Milo wrote:
11 - PELTED BY THE CROWD: A recent scandal has cast one of the teams in a poor light, and the fans have decided that this is the moment to show their disapproval. Each coach rolls a D6 and adds their FAME (see page 18 of the Blood Bowl rule book) to the roll. The team that rolls lower is pelted by rotten vegetables, promotional merchandise and smaller members of the crowd. Roll a D6 for each player on the team; on a roll of 1, they are Placed Prone.

What about ties? No effect? Apply to both teams? Re-roll?


This is a replacement for Pitch Invasion, which has similar effects and applies to both teams on a tie, so I'd go with "applies to both teams" here.

Honestly, you could apply Bloodthirsty Fans to both teams as well, with the expectation that the receiving team takes the first action. But I think the most important part is to establish a precent and be consistent.

_________________
Milo


Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blitzmania Kickoff Table
 Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:10 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 11:47 pm
Posts: 87
I agree completely and appreciates the thorough arguments.

We played this in the weekend and there were some confusion, so I want to re-write some details and make it clearer.

I think GW has made a lot of these small mistakes in the new rules. More so in the app/digitital/event stuff, but also a little in the books.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » General Discussion » General Chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: