Does anyone own the blitzmania cards?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Fullork12
Rookie
Rookie

Does anyone own the blitzmania cards?

Post by Fullork12 »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I bought a set off ebay and the coloring of the backs is different, was I sold fake copies? Also are they supposed to be holo? These have the bliRomania symbol but it isn't hollow.

Reason: ''
kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Does anyone own the blitzmania cards?

Post by kyrre »

I have one card. Are there more? The one I have is in a different green, and my friend claim the logo is a bit off center. Never actually meassured. . They have not been able or bothered to print the same cards for some reason. Probably switched where they printed.

Fullork12
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fullork12 »

There's 5. But good to know it's not just mine that are off.

ddancer
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ddancer »

I do. They are /way/ unbalanced. :D

Co-Commissioner of the PBBL
Home to the School of Block
http://pbbl.uhearttrollgate.com
stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

ddancer wrote:I do. They are /way/ unbalanced. :D
How??? Only the one where you turn a loss to a draw

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

kyrre wrote:I have one card. Are there more? The one I have is in a different green, and my friend claim the logo is a bit off center. Never actually meassured. . They have not been able or bothered to print the same cards for some reason. Probably switched where they printed.
Most likely a much smaller print run using a different process. It's regularly seen in CCGs and LCGs where limited edition or tournament cards are produced and don't quite match up to the large volume cards from the boxes and expansions.

kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

Which make them less useful.

Anyway what are the other 4 cards? I have the one with roll a d6 to get a reroll. Keep rolling every drive until you do.

stashman

Post by stashman »

Blitzmania Mania! (available as part of the Blitzmania event)
"Sorry if you're having trouble hearing the announcers, folks - it's kinda loud here!"
Timing: Play at the start of a drive, before the kick-off.
Effect: Each coach rolls a D6 and adds their team's FAME and the number of cheerleaders on its roster. If you roll higher than your opponent, gain another team re-roll. Otherwise, keep this Special Play card - you can play it again at the start of another drive.

They Think It's All... Ogre?! (available as part of the Blitzmania event)
"Oh, throw out the rulebook, this is getting ridiculous!"
Timing: Play at the start of any of your turns, before any of your players takes an Action.
Effect: Set up an Ogre (see the Human team list) in any square that is adjeacent to the sidelines and not in an enemy tackle zone - the Ogre now plays as part of your team. At the end of each turn that the Ogre is on the pitch, roll a D6. On a 1, he switches sides and is now controlled by your opponent! On a 2 or 3, he is forcibly removed from play. Roll again at the end of each of the Ogre's team's turns.

Heel Turn (available as part of the Blitzmania event)
"Blitzmania's seeing more and more dirty play. I don't wanna sound old-fashioned, but you wouldn't see this in the big leagues..."
Timing/Effect: Play this card in one of the following ways:
1) Play after making an Armor roll for an enemy player to add 2 to the result of the roll.
2) Play at the start of any of your turns to move a player in your Reserves box to any square in your End Zone that is not in an enemy tackle zone.
3) Play when your opponent declares they will use a team re-roll to prevent them from using it. The re-roll is still spent.

Pampered Players (available as part of the Blitzmania event)
"You have to give it to Blitzmania - it's injected a whole heap of gold into the sport. I've never seen players that are so well looked after!"
Timing: Play at the start of the game, immediately before the first kick-off.
Effect: For the duration of the game, your players will recover from being Knocked Out on a roll of 2 or more. However, if you roll a 1, roll again. On a 1, 2 or 3, the player kicks up a fuss and refuses to play for the rest of the match!

It's All To Play For (available as part of the Blitzmania event)
"The referee is invoking the newly-drafted last minute equaliser rule. The Blitzmania commission is taking liberties again, I guess..."
Timing: Play at the start of your fifth, sixth, seventh or eighth turn in the second half, before any of your players takes an Action.
Effect: If your score is lower than your opponent's, your next touchdown will score enough points to equalise the score.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

I got all five of the at the Mighty Blighty event; you could get one card each round and my friend did not want his so I ended up with the full set.

The "It's All To Play For" card I a have put in a draw as I really dislike it. Turning what would be a 3-1 loss into a draw seems horrible it is also only of use if you are losing.

The green back on "Blitzmania Mania!" and "They Think It's All... Ogre?!" but if you are drawing them off a stack it is not that easy to see so I have added them to my deck. Sadly the green deck of Random Events still seems to far to weak to want to draw cards from it.

The other three have red backs which match; not to say that all printing will. I have put "Heel Turn" and "Pampered Players" in my deck and look forward to using them in a match at some point.