Warhammer Fest

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lecter1972
Star Player
Star Player

Warhammer Fest

Post by Lecter1972 »

Blood Bowl at Warhammer Fest

This year’s Warhammer Fest will be a great event for fans of the glorious game of Blood Bowl. Not only will the event be playing host to a competitive Blood Bowl tournament, it will also be the first place to pick us a selection of great new miniatures.

We can show you a few of these today, which will be on the way soon from the Forge World studio.

One of these is the first of our team booster packs.

The Skaven Team Booster gives you four more poses for the most used players, and is designed to fill out your Skavenblight Scramblers core team (a collective “Squeak” of joy can be heard from Skaven players the world over at the prospect of more Gutter Runners).

Grim Ironjaw also makes his debut in this edition of Blood Bowl, with an imposing new miniature – that hair alone looks like it could blitz it’s way through some teams…

These are just some of the new Blood Bowl miniatures that will be on sale first at Warhammer Fest, and followed soon after with a general release. We’ll also have some miniatures for a brand new team and a couple of new star players that have never before been seen on the Blood Bowl pitch.

Warhammer Fest promises to be a memorable weekend for any fans of the game of fantasy football.

--------------

I wonder what the brand new teams is and more importantly the couple of new star players that have never before been seen on a Blood Bowl pitch

Guffle Pusmaw maybe?

Reason: ''
My blogpost https://l72smetalminiaturesmusings.wordpress.com/
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Warhammer Fest

Post by faust_33 »

I'm not crazy about Forgeworld's prices, but I'm tempted by the Skaven Thrower pose. The original Thrower is holding the ball with his tail, which you can bet will eventually get snapped off during play. I imagine these will also be in resin, so maybe the long tails will hold up better. I also like the pose on the last Gutter Runner. The other two minis look too similar to the last set of sculpts, so I'm not as crazy about those.

On the plus side, it's nice to see boosters.

I'm guessing the brand new team is Goblins, because they were supposed to be out this month already. Couple of new star players? Guffle Pussmaw would be new, but he wouldn't be very useful yet. I'd guess a Star for one of the existing teams, since Humans and Orcs (and now Dwarves) will have Stars, probably something for the Goblins and Rats. My guess would be Fezglitch and Glart Smashrip, Jr. Probably dead wrong on the last one, but there were not a lot of choices other than the Goblin/Special Weapon/Star Players.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I like these skaven, the first gutter is a bit similar but the others are cool. The eye protection on the blitzer is a nice throwback to the old 2nd edition model.
I suspect they used the same computer designs as the plastic team and just respositioned them.

Not much of a fan of Grim, he reminds me of the Vulkite Berserkers, there was something off about them too. The proportions of his body and pose just look wrong.

My guess for new stars would be Hakflem and Headsplitter as all the stars so far have been new sculpts of the 3rd edition range.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

I just wish they did 3 new Gutter Runner sculpts. That would have allowed there to be a team of 11 unique Skaven sculpts in a team of 11 (4 x Gutter Runner, 2 x Stormvermin, 2 x Thrower, 3 x Linerat potentially swapping the second Thrower for a Rat Ogre).

Still, 3 Gutter Runner sculpts is better than 1.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I just wish they could get apostrophes right.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
hutchinsfairy
Experienced
Experienced

Post by hutchinsfairy »

Looks like they might have listened to feedback on the ridiculously flimsy rat tails. These ones look shorter and thicker to me.

pixmen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pixmen »

I think the 2 stars players "never seen on a pitch" are 2 new secret weapons for the goblins :

copy/paste :
We will get the Goblins in April. Two new secret weapons in addition to the four that they already have. Plastic Goblins to be released with resin secret weapons. 2 new secret weapons hinted at. Goblins will also be available in a 4 pack for use with Orcs.

howabe
Experienced
Experienced

Post by howabe »

Looks like the two new stars are the White Dwarf and the Black Gobbo.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I like both models and think they look better than Griff, Varag, Grim and Morg, but not Zug.

The Black Gobbo would easily work as Rashnak and the White Dwarf would make a cool team captain or be used as Grim. It is a little disappointing that Forgeworld keep releasing all these special or limited edition models when they have only done 4 stars so far (5 with Grim).

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

at least both of their feet are on the base! :orc:

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

So what new skills will these 2 come with?

Invincible: Armor cannot be broken

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

spubbbba wrote:I like both models and think they look better than Griff, Varag, Grim and Morg, but not Zug.

The Black Gobbo would easily work as Rashnak and the White Dwarf would make a cool team captain or be used as Grim. It is a little disappointing that Forgeworld keep releasing all these special or limited edition models when they have only done 4 stars so far (5 with Grim).
At least these two will be available on Forgeworld later in the year (unlike Grak and Crumbleberry, which seem WW exclusive).

Personally I like both of these minis and I'm very happy to see both of them have both feet on their bases!

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

White Dwarf and Black Gobbo are not limited edition. They will be available first at Warfest and then via the FW webstore.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

mikeyc222 wrote:at least both of their feet are on the base! :orc:
Skill Description
Both Feet on the Ground (Extraordinary)
The miniature has both feet on the ground. On this rare occurrence, give them the Extraordinary skill "Both Feet on the Ground". At the start of a match, roll a d6. On a roll of 1, they get ejected for the rest of the drive. Otherwise they have the ability to force an opponent to reroll 1 of their blocking die, when the player is the target of the block. Not overpowered at all.

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Haha yes! Because sometimes models are dynamic and sometimes they are static and in either case someone will take to the internet and have a little bleat.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik