Warhammer Fest

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Tablet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Warhammer Fest

Post by Tablet »

I really like the look of both models.

I will most likely get both when they go on general release. My appetite is really being whetted for the goblin team being released, it makes a pleasant change to have one of the little fellas that isn't being crushed or lobbed!

Reason: ''
GeordieBowl IX 2017 - Wooden Spoon
mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

JT-Y wrote:Haha yes! Because sometimes models are dynamic and sometimes they are static and in either case someone will take to the internet and have a little bleat.
in general i like the newer minis. i just don't think that every mini that comes from the FW studio needs to be standing on one foot. just looking for a little variety, that's all. :)

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Yep, I agree with you. Also, when I first saw the 'one foot' poses I cringed. Mainly because whenever I got a metal mini like that, they eventually broke off. It seems the resin is sturdier though, so it probably won't be an issue.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Or they both get: Mortal Enemies
Whenever you play against another player with 'mortal enemies' - you win!

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Darkson
Da Spammer

The White Dwarf and the Black Gobbo

Post by Darkson »

Haven't seen these pics shared here (with thanks to Twelthman for posting them on FB).

From what I've seen posted, there are no points costs for these players, they can only be used against each other, so are effectively "free" hence I suppose the great stat line for the Black Gobbo and the nothing special stats of the White Dwarf.

I quite like the Gobbo figure. Not so sold on the Dwarf, but then I'm not that keen on most BB dwarf figures so that's not that surprising, but it's not the worst figure in the new BB range.
Would be interesting in picking them up in the future.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Re: The White Dwarf and the Black Gobbo

Post by faust_33 »

So White Dwarf is a toughed up Blitzer. Black Gobbo though, doesn't have Secret Weapon? So he can stay on the pitch indefinitely? Well, as long as he can survive with a target on his back.

I like the looks of both of them. If they aren't too outrageously priced, I would pick them up in the future.

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

He can stay on the pitch with bombardier. The worst of all possible weapons.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

Darkson wrote: I quite like the Gobbo figure. Not so sold on the Dwarf...
see, i'm the opposite. i actually dig the dwarf but i'm just not quite sure about that goblin. i think i'll have to see it in person to decide.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

howabe
Experienced
Experienced

Post by howabe »

White Dwarf is basically a generic levelled Blitzer, though the Gobbo seems interesting. Multiple secret weapons to use at range or up close and DP to screw with the opponent is a unique addition.

EDIT: Bombardier without Secret Weapon.

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

They bring some extra stuff as well not shown in those photos. Both players benefit their team in a unique way.

I think it's quite good how they work. These are after all characters that one associates with GW and the magazine in general rather than a game in particular, and it's the 40th anniversary of WD magazine that's being celebrated by their release. WD models come around quite often, but in this instance the current editor, himself a big BB player, wanted something BB related and rules for it, which is new, and so that's what you have. Having them be separated from the other Stars and working differently is important I think. Just parachuting them into the BB world and game as standard Stars doesn't feel right, to me at least, so I'm glad that wasn't done.

The models can be used for other stuff as well. Gombrindal will be painted as a variant Runner for my team. Black Gobbo will make his way into a Goblin team somehow. Should the opportunity to use them in full arise in my league, it's up to the players. I think even I would say yes.

Edit. In leagues, if any of the teams listed are facing off, and if you roll 10+ for FAME before modifiers, then these two might turn up.
That's inspired by old WFB rules for Gombrindal for Dwarf armies in narrative games I guess, when he would appear out of the mist before certain momentous battles, and the inclusion of the Black Gobbo balances his arrival out for the other team.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Sounds good to me.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

But the black gobbo dont have accurate like bomber drippelsnot - so 4+ bombs.

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

The Black Gobbo:
- is a stab/stunty guy
- can Dodge 3+ and stab the balcarrier since he has NO Secret Weapon
- after that he is troublesome to get rid off with SS and AV8
- gives the chance to foul twice a turn
- gives a 3+ saves against ejection!

I suppose you could throw a bomb for the lulz.....but is the last thing I would think about.
He is amazing. (While the WD is a bit underwelming...)

The rules are great and the fact they are for exibition play is a very good choice.
If Grak and Crumbleberry had a rule like this, I would have no problem with them.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Not sure I get these points:
Rolex wrote:- gives the chance to foul twice a turn
- gives a 3+ saves against ejection!
Have I missed some more rule changes?

Rolex wrote:If Grak and Crumbleberry had a rule like this, I would have no problem with them.
+1.

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

The extra rules I mentioned. Black Gobbo can Foul every turn himself without taking up the team Foul action. He also brings his own take on Bribes. If he's injured or sent off himself the benefits are lost.

Gombrindal confers an extra skill to players within 3 squares of him, chosen from a few. Block, Break Tackle, stuff like that.

Both are pretty amazing when it all works, subpar when it doesn't.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik