Goblin Roster DZ2

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Goblin Roster DZ2

Post by MacHurto »

Waiting to see what swoop does, I don't mind the new roster. I prefer an addition that makes more colorful than one that makes them more competitive (like removing loner on the trolls). Think the discussions would be bigger in that case, tbh.

Regarding the Ooligan, only problem is that the skills make him a big target and he is expensive to replace. I would still take one, as DP is easily forgotten and fan favorite can give you fun moments. Would not choose him over the other 70k players, though.

Reason: ''
stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

Squig starplayer in DZ

Madcap Miggz 170K Goblin, Underworld
BT, Claw, Leap, No Hands, VLL, Wild Animal, Loner

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Ooligan has a 2nd ed. figure, so I approved 100%.

If Squig Hopper starplayer is correct, it is funny as hell - Great to see the Squigs in Blood Bowl.

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Hopefully Squig can play for Orc teams too :)

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
garion

Post by garion »

spubbbba wrote:
garion wrote:
spubbbba wrote: I don't think we know what we want. GW come up with overpowered rules for a limited edition pair of models and people are outraged and site this as evidence they have no clue and don't care about the game.

They give one of the weakest teams goblins a couple of extra weapons (one of which is a bit rubbish and the other unknown right now) that are entirely optional and don't change anything else and people moan that this isn't enough.
I don't think that's what people are complaining about really. People just want usable players and rules. The Grak and Cumbleberry stuff was poor because the price was wrong and the skill card was missing loner. It was just sloppy from top to bottom. It was also stated that this is an optional rule only not a core one. So the really is not a biggie. Its just poor design and sloppy.

This time we get Goblins with hooligan who no one in their right mind will take if they want build a competitive goblin team, a team with a chance of winning. So why even bother adding him to the roster? 30k is very big bloat on a team that thrives by keeping its TV down. It does show a real lack of understanding of how people play with this team really. 50k remove disturbing presence and you have a player worth taking, albeit a dull one. I'm still not totally happy with the hooligan being on a sports team either if I'm totally honest. But I could over look that if he had solid rules.
You have to remember that the competitive section of Blood Bowl is actually a pretty small if vocal part of the market. GW have always sold their games as being “beer and pretzel”, something you play with some mates and have fun. The “rule of cool” is an important factor as well, so stupid but fun wins over balanced yet boring.
Sure I get the competitive vs pretzels thing you say, but they are not mutually exclusive. You can appeal to both audiences. Look at balancing issues for the competitive crowd, add as many silly "optional rules" as they like for the beer and pretzels crowd. For example removing loner from gobo trolls would not be noticed by casual/new players. But greatly appreciated by almost all competitive goblin players.

stashman wrote:Squig starplayer in DZ
Madcap Miggz 170K Goblin, Underworld
BT, Claw, Leap, No Hands, VLL, Wild Animal, Loner
If this Squig is true it is a very good addition to the game. I love squigs and the game has been lacking them for a long time.

Pricing -
5/5/2/9 (Loner), (Negatrait), (Damage Skill) -- 160,000 gold
claw+10
-St -30k
+MA -Av +30 - 10
BT Leap +20 +20
VLL +20
+ag +20
240, 140/2 = 70
total=170k

looks like it is priced correctly too :D :D :D

good stuff!!!

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

garion wrote:
Pricing -
5/5/2/9 (Loner), (Negatrait), (Damage Skill) -- 160,000 gold
claw+10
-St -30k
+MA -Av +30 - 10
BT Leap +20 +20
VLL +20
+ag +20
240, 140/2 = 70
total=170k

looks like it is priced correctly too :D :D :D

good stuff!!!
Imagine that.

Milo

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

frogboy wrote:Hopefully Squig can play for Orc teams too :)
Not if the above post is correct.

Milo

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Now Goblins have a good starplayer

And Underworld + Goblins gains some much needed breaking ability.

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Milo,
just for the record:
Can anyone cite, in the Blood Bowl background, any truly GOOD goblin teams? It's been pretty well-documented that Goblins ARE NOT GOOD AT BLOOD BOWL.
Nope. But gobbo teams could be better, and still be bad.
NTBB has used lonerless trolls for quite a while, along with several other decent boosts - and gobbos are still not on par with the tier 1 teams.

(Also - AFAIK only 1 vampire team is mentioned in the fluff, and they were so horribly bad that the fans "had to put them out of their misery". Vamp teams aren't quite as bad as the fluff implies).

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
garion

Post by garion »

plasmoid wrote: (Also - AFAIK only 1 vampire team is mentioned in the fluff, and they were so horribly bad that the fans "had to put them out of their misery". Vamp teams aren't quite as bad as the fluff implies).
sorry to be a mega geek Plasmoid but I can name 4 famous vampire teams off the top of my head. Only one of them was any good.

garion

Post by garion »

it would appear this is swoop.

* You use the throw-in template when scattering a TTM. You move like a Ball and Chain

* +1 landing role

* You can not use stunty when dodging, ie, you get minus for opponent's tackle zone

if this is true then my guess a few pages back appears to be right on the money.

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

garion wrote:my dutch isn't so hot, but it would appear this is swoop.

* You use the throw-in template when scattering a TTM. You move like a Ball and Chain

* +1 landing role

* You can not use stunty when dodging, ie, you get minus for opponent's tackle zone

if so my guess a few pages back appears to be right on the money.
That's a really good skill for cage breaking or T8 TTM. Not so much for OTTD. So all in all, I like it.

garion

Post by garion »

MacHurto wrote:
garion wrote:my dutch isn't so hot, but it would appear this is swoop.

* +1 landing role

if so my guess a few pages back appears to be right on the money.
That's a really good skill for cage breaking or T8 TTM. Not so much for OTTD. So all in all, I like it.
well its pretty helpful for scoring too if your opponent doesn't have the players to line up along the back field as it means you can direct the scatter in the correct direction, there is nothing worse than trying to score a TTM only to scatter backwards.

You are correct though, it would appear to be a weapon for hitting the ball carrier more than anything else, no stunty means no triple dodge through the defensive line of opposing players to score.

While this player is again bloat and I would never take it in my goblin team. At least this one is fun and will add comedic value to games. It will be tense and funny watching him zigzag towards your ball carrier :D

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

I dont get why 20k is bloat. +1 to land seems really great. With a catch skill up, even better.

But I would also only play Goblins in a league, if I got to roster 3 bribes.

garion

Post by garion »

Bakunin wrote:I dont get why 20k is bloat. +1 to land seems really great. With a catch skill up, even better.

But I would also only play Goblins in a league, if I got to roster 3 bribes.
Because the player had no Dodge and cant use stunty. Which means he cant score One Turn Touchdowns. His odds will be worse than normal goblins because of the dodges required at the end.

I would rather a goblin that can participate in the game than one that has to stand next to a troll and do one, maybe 2 actions in a game, if he isn't knocked out first because he has no defensive skills. All for 20k additional cost. Its just not good strategy or TV management.

As I say though, he can add some fun to proceedings. assuming this is the correct rule.