Goblin Roster DZ2

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Goblin Roster DZ2

Post by garion »

Its alright Sun Devil one of the two new players is pretty pointless, the other assuming Swoop is good, or at least good fun. You can probably get a 4th edition wfb doom diver on ebay for a couple of dollars, like this - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Fanta ... SwB-1YpyF0

I hope an errata comes out quickly, say day 1, which says- "DP was meant to be Dirty Player not disturbing presence. sorry for the mix up"

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

There's also Brick and Grotty from Impact:
http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.p ... id=TC_OGBG

I have them, and thought they might make a decent proxy for Grak and Crumbleberry, if I ever wanted to try them out.

Browsing Impact's site, looks like there are some decent SWs by Willy as well. Including a goblin dressed up in a bird outfit "Willy Goblin Bird", which would be a funny Doom Diver.

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Wow, what a let down. The 'ooligan is out right garbage in his current form, 30k on two exceptionally situational skills are not worth it at all and while there's a nice novelty factor it does nothing other than add another worthless 0-1 player to a roster that's bloated already with crud.

Doom Diver, without seeing what Swoop does it's hard to tell, but one thing to note is that he doesn't come with dodge so the skill is costing about 30k, better be damned good to be worth the TV bloat.

With the greatest of respect, I think if the guys that designed these two thought they were anything more than novelty fluff for the team they need to go back to the drawing board.

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

sann0638 wrote:
garion wrote: To me they are just moot.
Nah, those are the halfling changes.
Kikikiki :lol:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

ForgeWorld has already announced a blister of Goblin Special Weapons that should be out by Warhammer Fest at the end of the month and in General Release later. It will have the Bomma, Chainsaw and Fanatic. If we are lucky, they will "only" be about $25-$30, but not holding my breath. I will only assume some time later will be released the 2nd blister containing the Pogoer, Doom Diver and 'Ooligan.

Unfortunately, this is GW's modus operandi. Except for the all the 2nd edition teams and the 5th edition human team, which contained an entire 16 player team with all positionals, GW will bundle things in a similar manner as they always have. We are "lucky" they are bundling the extra goblins in groups of Four for Ork teams and will compliment the Underworld team for those that have the extra Skaven left over after buying multiple boxes.

Me, I am glad I don't need anything from GW / Forgeworld having at least one of every team, already, and can pick and choose what I want to buy instead of NEEDING to buy. The advantage of playing BB for the last 30 years.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Stout Youngblood wrote: Me, I am glad I don't need anything from GW / Forgeworld ..., and can pick and choose what I want to buy instead of NEEDING to buy. The advantage of playing BB for the last 30 years.
Sing it, Brother! 8)

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

I think they walked the line pretty well here.
First comment I heard when 2 new SWs were hinted was "great, more ways to have your team sent off".
So I think non-SWs were a good choice.

I think Fan Favourite is a pretty useful skill. And Doom Diver will hopefully be fun.

Will this makes Gobbos viable? Hell no.
But remember, the veteran community is dead set against buffing tier 3 teams. Sucky teams is what makes BB a great game. So in this instance they managed to not step on any toes.

Personally I'm glad they've managed to buff both gobbos and Flings :orc:
Even if it is just a little.
Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

plasmoid wrote: Will this makes Gobbos viable? Hell no.
But remember, the veteran community is dead set against buffing tier 3 teams. Sucky teams is what makes BB a great game. So in this instance they managed to not step on any toes.
I don't think we know what we want. GW come up with overpowered rules for a limited edition pair of models and people are outraged and site this as evidence they have no clue and don't care about the game.

They give one of the weakest teams goblins a couple of extra weapons (one of which is a bit rubbish and the other unknown right now) that are entirely optional and don't change anything else and people moan that this isn't enough.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
garion

Post by garion »

spubbbba wrote: I don't think we know what we want. GW come up with overpowered rules for a limited edition pair of models and people are outraged and site this as evidence they have no clue and don't care about the game.

They give one of the weakest teams goblins a couple of extra weapons (one of which is a bit rubbish and the other unknown right now) that are entirely optional and don't change anything else and people moan that this isn't enough.
I don't think that's what people are complaining about really. People just want usable players and rules. The Grak and Cumbleberry stuff was poor because the price was wrong and the skill card was missing loner. It was just sloppy from top to bottom. It was also stated that this is an optional rule only not a core one. So the really is not a biggie. Its just poor design and sloppy.

This time we get Goblins with hooligan who no one in their right mind will take if they want build a competitive goblin team, a team with a chance of winning. So why even bother adding him to the roster? 30k is very big bloat on a team that thrives by keeping its TV down. It does show a real lack of understanding of how people play with this team really. 50k remove disturbing presence and you have a player worth taking, albeit a dull one. I'm still not totally happy with the hooligan being on a sports team either if I'm totally honest. But I could over look that if he had solid rules.

Another thing is calling the cheap bribes rule from CRP 'Sneaky Gits'. Its just very sloppy, not hugely important, just careless having 2 rules with the same name.

I get that the team is tier 3. I for one am a big advocate of the tiers, and disliked the narrowing of the tiers concept. The Loner removal from Trolls though is such a no brainer. We are now stuck with Goblins for another generation that have no "safe" first move of a turn. This would not drag them out of the tier 3 bin. It would just make the roster a little less painful to play.

I dunno.... I'm just very disappointed. Especially after many assurances that sloppy mistakes aren't going to be made this time, everything has been checked and re-checked etc...

Hopefully I am wrong overall once the rest of the book comes out. The stadium rules could be great if done properly. Doom Diver might be loads of fun and serve a purpose. I'll stay positive for the rest until its released.

Regash

Post by Regash »

True, a lot of the changes feel like changes to justify a new edition.

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

spubbbba wrote:I don't think we know what we want. GW come up with overpowered rules for a limited edition pair of models and people are outraged and site this as evidence they have no clue and don't care about the game.
First said that I love play with goblins. And what I want is more balance between ALL teams. How many NAF tournaments has been win by stunty teams, or even Vampires, Underworld, Chaos Pact, etc. Would be easy try to balance all the teams a bit more with a small changes or with new positional.

I have any problem with the optional crazy things, there are optional. The core of the rules remain the same, that is good in my opinion. The real change could be the teams rosters but looks that is going to be pretty the same. So what is the real difference between the new BB and the old one a part of the new minis? I don't feel that is a real improve of the game.

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

dreamscreator wrote:
spubbbba wrote:I don't think we know what we want. GW come up with overpowered rules for a limited edition pair of models and people are outraged and site this as evidence they have no clue and don't care about the game.
First said that I love play with goblins. And what I want is more balance between ALL teams. How many NAF tournaments has been win by stunty teams, or even Vampires, Underworld, Chaos Pact, etc. Would be easy try to balance all the teams a bit more with a small changes or with new positional.
Therein lies the issue. There are plenty of experienced folks who will want to maintain the tiers as they stand and not make all teams equal, with others not wanting change at all. That's where the "I don't think we know what we want" (as a community of experienced players) comes directly into play.

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

garion wrote:
spubbbba wrote: I don't think we know what we want. GW come up with overpowered rules for a limited edition pair of models and people are outraged and site this as evidence they have no clue and don't care about the game.

This time we get Goblins with hooligan who no one in their right mind will take if they want build a competitive goblin team, a team with a chance of winning. So why even bother adding him to the roster? 30k is very big bloat on a team that thrives by keeping its TV down. It does show a real lack of understanding of how people play with this team really. 50k remove disturbing presence and you have a player worth taking, albeit a dull one. I'm still not totally happy with the hooligan being on a sports team either if I'm totally honest. But I could over look that if he had solid rules.

Another thing is calling the cheap bribes rule from CRP 'Sneaky Gits'. Its just very sloppy, not hugely important, just careless having 2 rules with the same name.

I get that the team is tier 3. I for one am a big advocate of the tiers, and disliked the narrowing of the tiers concept. The Loner removal from Trolls though is such a no brainer. We are now stuck with Goblins for another generation that have no "safe" first move of a turn. This would not drag them out of the tier 3 bin. It would just make the roster a little less painful to play.
Not every Goblin coach aims for a "competitive" goblin team, if that's even a thing. Nothing has been removed from the Goblin roster, so if you want to play them without the 'Ooligan, go for it! If GW had made the team significantly better during this release, you know there would have been just as many people insisting that GW was "power-creeping" just to sell miniatures. You know they would have. I've seen posts like that in this very forum. These changes are:

a) relatively minor in terms of the overall power level of the team,
b) entirely in keeping with the background and concept of the Goblin team, which is easily summarized as "wacky and wild but not very good", and
c) give the Goblin coach some other possibilities to play with.

You don't care for the 'Ooligan, fair enough. Yet I think some coaches would enjoy having a Pass Blocking Disturbing Presence with Dodge and Stunty, now only 6 SPPs away. Maybe you'll add one just because you love the model, or maybe another coach will, even if it doesn't substantially improve his team. Not everyone plays BB for the same reasons. Yeesh.

I can understand why you'd want to remove Loner. That would have made Goblins a much better roster. But that wasn't the intent.

Milo

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

mawph wrote: Therein lies the issue. There are plenty of experienced folks who will want to maintain the tiers as they stand and not make all teams equal, with others not wanting change at all. That's where the "I don't think we know what we want" (as a community of experienced players) comes directly into play.
I think the problem is that the community of experienced players knows EXACTLY what they want, and they want approximately as many DIFFERENT things are there are coaches in that community.

Milo

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

plasmoid wrote:I think they walked the line pretty well here.
First comment I heard when 2 new SWs were hinted was "great, more ways to have your team sent off".
So I think non-SWs were a good choice.

I think Fan Favourite is a pretty useful skill. And Doom Diver will hopefully be fun.

Will this makes Gobbos viable? Hell no.

Personally I'm glad they've managed to buff both gobbos and Flings :orc:
Even if it is just a little.
Glad to hear you're in favor of the changes, Martin. I think the Doom Diver is definitely the more impactful of the two, but it's nice to see Fan Favourite back in the game again, and the 'Ooligan offers lots of interesting modeling and game play options. GW did not intend to buff either Halflings or Goblins out of their tier. Unfortunately, it seems there are too damn many toes around to not step on a few here and there.

Milo