Just wondering; who's been writing the new fluff?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Just wondering; who's been writing the new fluff?

Post by Ithilkir »

I admit I'm biased slightly on this subject as I wrote some of the old fluff in LRB5 into 6 where the story progressed, teams adapted and players moved on. But it seems in the new edition the story has been retconned quite a lot even from older stuff in 2e (see the Lowdown Rats), which from a fluff perspective is now really confusing and horribly inconsistent. Was it just some internal GW guys that made new stuff up or the same folks that did the new rules?

Reason: ''
Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Re: Just wondering; who's been writing the new fluff?

Post by JT-Y »

GW has no shortage of writers to work on a project like this.
When they start they will have a series of meetings between writers, artists, and miniature designers during which they pore over the existing material and decide upon a direction, this does include deciding where to go back and make alterations for all manner of reasons and where to take certain things forward and what to focus on.
Then work is given to different writers complete with a strict brief, and completed work is edited for continuity and adherence to the brief.

So yeah, stuff might change, but for the most part the intent is to respect past work and to go ahead by re examine it in more detail.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Ouch, OK. Lot of inconsistencies from previous editions of the fluff but it's their world I guess.

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

They change stuff, stuff moves on. Some stuff doesn't stand the test of time, so names change and events alter. It's not accidental, believe me. Andy has spent many hours in the vault poring over printed material and the mountains of stuff that was never printed. Some changes are actually to better reflect the original work.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

I would expect some of the background to need to be updated so that jokes and inspiration from the real world are of things that some of the err, less experienced in years, coaches might have actually heard of!

I am a pro "fun" guy.
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

I will note that aside from a couple of typos on dates that were caught, the playtest group were focused almost exclusively on the rules, not the background.

Milo