New Starplayers

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Re: New Starplayers

Post by JT-Y »

Nice try! But I'm not going to tell you the rules when it's in my best interests to say 'buy the book' ;)

Reason: ''

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

stashman wrote:When does a Elf team have 390k inducements?
When all your positionals are dead and injured and you're stuck fielding a team of journeymen and rookies. Been there!
With expensive mistakes you wont save that much cash.
Sponsorship deals and Expensive Mistakes work well together ;)

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

You can have around 200k cash and 200k petty cash.

But how often?
Yeah, this is the fundamental flaw of the twins. They are both exceptional players -- but their insistence on playing together means you will only see them very rarely. I think we could agree, though, that if an Elf team is getting 400k in inducements, they probably need all the help they can get.

Milo

stashman

Post by stashman »

JT-Y wrote:Nice try! But I'm not going to tell you the rules when it's in my best interests to say 'buy the book' ;)
I dont get it until tomorrow after work - :(

Hope for upgrade in the dug-out app tonight after 12 :D

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

But how often?
It depends if your league mixes new teams with old. Yesterday our Elf Coach has 700k inducements
http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/index. ... rt&mid=492

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Lyracian wrote:
But how often?
It depends if your league mixes new teams with old. Yesterday our Elf Coach has 700k inducements
http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/index. ... rt&mid=492
What did they take for those 700k inducements? I bet they needed every penny of them.

Milo

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

[quote="stashman"]When does a Elf team have 390k inducements?[quote]
I'm more worry in tournaments that in leagues. In leagues will be rare, but in tournaments with lot gold to expense and tier 2 allow to have two SP would be possible.
I can see a Pro Elf team with the twins, an extra blitzer and a couple of catchers playing a crazy pass game every round.

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

Milo wrote: What did they take for those 700k inducements? I bet they needed every penny of them.
It is on the match report! Fresh breeze and Morg. Morg got killed on a Foul after the Claw-Mino failed to stun him three times in a row!

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

dreamscreator wrote:
I'm more worry in tournaments that in leagues. In leagues will be rare, but in tournaments with lot gold to expense and tier 2 allow to have two SP would be possible.
I can see a Pro Elf team with the twins, an extra blitzer and a couple of catchers playing a crazy pass game every round.
I'll challenge you to find a tournament from the tournaments page with a ruleset that allows enough cash to buy that! I'd heartily suspect that there are no tournaments allowing you that much cash (plus most insist on 11 players before stars too)

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Lyracian wrote:
Milo wrote: What did they take for those 700k inducements? I bet they needed every penny of them.
It is on the match report! Fresh breeze and Morg. Morg got killed on a Foul after the Claw-Mino failed to stun him three times in a row!
Sorry, I couldn't find it. Still new to OLBBL. Perhaps Jordell and the Twins would have been better than Jordell and Morg, but I'm not 100% certain. Basically, almost any time you could field the twins, you could alternatively field Morg, so it's not a no brainer, regardless of how good they are.

Milo

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

mawph wrote:I'll challenge you to find a tournament from the tournaments page with a ruleset that allows enough cash to buy that! I'd heartily suspect that there are no tournaments allowing you that much cash (plus most insist on 11 players before stars too)
Tournaments of 1200TV or 1250TV.
1 x Blitzer, 2 x Catcher, 8 x Lineman, 1 Reroll, The twins (if it is a 1200TV you can swap a catcher for a lineman or drop the reroll). And if it is not restriction of 11 players before stars, drop a Lineman buy another reroll.

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
zebulon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zebulon »

In Paris with the Lutece bowl. 1 and 2 july.

In Nantes with the DragonBowl. 2 and 3 décember.
team Creation

To create his roster, each coach gets 1 150 000 GP to buy players, rerolls, apothecary, pop, assistants and pompom girls; 50 000 GP of this ammount MUST be used to buy inducement (or more than 50 000 GP if the coach wants it) included in this list :
Bloodweiser Babes (0-2)
Halfling Chef (price of 100K for halflings teams) (0-1)
Igor (0-1)
Wandering Apothecaries (0-2)
Starplayer allowed in his roster (0-2)
Special Play Cards (maximum of 5 cards) (0-5)
Bribes (price of 50K for gobelin teams) (0-3)
NO SORCERER
NO EXTRA TRAINING
NO MERCENARIES
you could field:
-the twins 400k
-2 union Blitzers. 220k
-7 union linelf
-2 RR and 1 pop.

Ligue BN
mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

I stand "put back in my box" :P :lol:

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

mawph wrote:I'll challenge you to find a tournament from the tournaments page with a ruleset that allows enough cash to buy that! I'd heartily suspect that there are no tournaments allowing you that much cash (plus most insist on 11 players before stars too)
dreamscreator wrote:Tournaments of 1200TV or 1250TV.
1 x Blitzer, 2 x Catcher, 8 x Lineman, 1 Reroll, The twins (if it is a 1200TV you can swap a catcher for a lineman or drop the reroll). And if it is not restriction of 11 players before stars, drop a Lineman buy another reroll.
zebulon wrote:you could field:
-the twins 400k
-2 union Blitzers. 220k
-7 union linelf
-2 RR and 1 pop.
Would anyone consider either of these team rosters to be a problem? (Personally, I don't see High Elf or Elf Union teams burning up the tournaments.) Both of them have pretty limited player skill bases, not many RRs, no apothecary, and two of their best players are Loners.

Milo

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

Milo wrote:Would anyone consider either of these team rosters to be a problem? (Personally, I don't see High Elf or Elf Union teams burning up the tournaments.) Both of them have pretty limited player skill bases, not many RRs, no apothecary, and two of their best players are Loners.
Maybe is not the best tournament roster, but I see a good improvement in a HE or EU roster. Best players are Loners but the thrower with Sure Hands and Pass won't need it. And with the extra skills you can built a pretty solid team IMO.

It's true will be rare to see them in the pitch, but I have a couple of elf coaches that I'm pretty sure they will be happy to take them to a tournaments.