Death Zone 2 Feedback thread

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Death Zone 2 Feedback thread

Post by Milo »

bound for glory wrote:
garion wrote:In LRB4 there was a roll to determine whether or not a secret weapon was sent off. In LRB5 and CRP this was removed for a rule in which they are auto sent off.

I was just hopeful they would revert to the superior rule of rolling SW roll to see if they were sent it. It was IMO a far superior rule. Many many people still use it this day because of how limiting straight sending off is for a number of reasons.

Just another missed opportunity to improve the game here imo.
Our league plays the old style "Penalty roll".

This will be our first league "season" with the new game, and we did'nt even have to vote on it. Mean to say, the penalty roll adds to the wacky-ness that makes Blood Bowl well, Blood Bowl. Here's a guy with a chainsaw, and the Ref may or may not house the nutter what has it. Thats Blood Bowl.

If you are playing tourney's, I guess go by the rules as written. But why were the penalty rolls taken out of the game to begin with?
To be honest, I don't know. I wasn't part of the BBRC at that time, so wasn't privy to any of the discussions. Perhaps Babs or Galak could answer.

Reason: ''
Milo

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Something I've realised is that I have no clue what the current active list of star players is. There's been some posted on facebook apparently, some warhammer world exclusives, WhiteDwarf/Black Gobbo, the list in DZ2, was there a list in DZ1? And the NAF list... If I was a new player without any sort of online community interaction then I'd say the list in DZ2 is the official list and would be very surprised when someone claims otherwise.

Can there maybe be some sort of consolidated list of 'official' stars with stats/costs rather than having them all spread out in different locations.

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Currently all CRP Stars plus Guffle Pussmaw (DZ1), the new ones in DZ2, and Rasta, Frank, and Bilerot who you can find in the image files on the BB Facebook page (feel free to share them far and wide if you have them) or, I think, in the NAF 2017.

Not all CRP Stars will be getting reprinted or getting new models, but there's no reason not to use them. What the NAF allows or doesn't is up to them.

Grak and Crumbleberry, as I keep saying, their rules are only available inside a miniature clampack only available at events. They are hardly standard release or readily available.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

This is the exact reason why I combined all rules, teams and star players into a single document.

The problem with some of the new star players from GW is that they lack Loner. And their pricing has been discussed and criticized.

Grak & Crumbleberry are modelled just like a generic ogre and halfling with no unique attributes. So if you want to use them, I'd say you could use any suitable models as replacements.

GW will allow them at their events because they released them. I guess you would need the original models or at minimum convert them from other GW models.

What others do is free to decide completely.

If my calculations are correct, there's currently 76 Star Players (including 4 pairs). 18 of which are new (including 3 pairs).

Barik Farblast
Bertha Bigfist
Bilerot Vomitflesh *NEW*
Brick Far’th & Grotty
Bo Gallanté
Bomber Dribblesnot
Boomer Eziasson
Buboe Festerspit *NEW*
Count Luthor Von Drakenborg
Crazy Igor
Deeproot Strongbranch
Dolfar Longstride
Eldril Sidewinder
Fezglitch
Flint Churnblade
Frank N. Stein *NEW*
Fungus The Loon
Glart Smashrip *NEW*
Glart Smashrip Jr.
Grak & Crumbleberry *NEW*
Grashnak Blackhoof
Griff Oberwald Grim Ironjaw
Grobrik Orcbiter *NEW*
Grut Gitgobbla *NEW*
Guffle Pushmaw *NEW*

Hack Enslash
Hakflem Skuttlespike
Headsplitter
Heinrich Von Duisgart *NEW*
Helmut Wulf
Hemlock
Horkon Heartripper
Hthark the Unstoppable
Hubris Rakarth
Humerus Carpal
Icepelt Hammerblow
Ithaca Benoin
J Earlice
Jordell Freshbreeze
Karla von Kill *NEW*
Kreek Rustgouger *NEW*

Lewdgrip Whiparm
Lord Borak the Despoiler
Lottabottol
Madcap Miggz *NEW*
Max Spleenripper
Mighty Zug
Morg ‘n’ Thorg
Nobbla Blackwart
Prince Moranion
Puggy Baconbreath
Quetzal Leap
Ramtut III
Rashnak Backstabber
Rasta Tailspike *NEW*
Skaven
Ripper Bolgrot
Roxanna Darknail
Scrappa Sorehead
Setekh
Slibli
Sinnedbad
Skitter Stab-Stab
Soaren Hightower
The Swift Twins - Lucien & Valen *NEW*
Ugroth Bolgrot
Varag Ghoul-Chewer
Wilhelm Chaney
Willow Rosebark
Zara the Slayer
Zzharg Madeye
Grombrindal (The White Dwarf) & The Black Gobbo *NEW*

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Ok thankx for the answer. No need to rebuy the stadium every season is good, it wouldn't really be feasible otherwise. :D

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Re stadiums at season end. You can take a huge gamble and sell up after your last game. This could give you a huge cash injection for re-hiring, or it could give your players a huge sum to blow on Expensive Mistakes. End of season partying in the Peppermint Gryphon with that sort of cash in the bank is likely to end badly...

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Baxx wrote:This is the exact reason why I combined all rules, teams and star players into a single document.
Cheers Baxx, you wouldn't happen to have that document (of star players) handy by any chance? Assuming it comes with stats/skills/cost as well?

Cheers,
MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

I thought it had been answered but I went through the whole thread and haven't seen it. Milo/JT-Y, were the CPR Wizard and Horatio considered as complementary inducements or are they not supposed to be played together?

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Ithilkir wrote:
Baxx wrote:This is the exact reason why I combined all rules, teams and star players into a single document.
Cheers Baxx, you wouldn't happen to have that document (of star players) handy by any chance? Assuming it comes with stats/skills/cost as well?
Allready sent you a pm. Complete set of rules in a very printable document. Google slides convert to pdf.

It comes with absolutely all except fluff.

E99
Experienced
Experienced

Post by E99 »

Great work, Baxx! If it is not too impudent, could you sent me the combined rules document, too? I've scanned the rules for my playing group, but still it is messy to use them.

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Baxx wrote:
Ithilkir wrote:
Allready sent you a pm. Complete set of rules in a very printable document. Google slides convert to pdf.

It comes with absolutely all except fluff.
Downloaded it last night, much appreciated :)

Cheers,
Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

It would be good to add the sources of these stars (ie DZ2, White Dwarf Magazine, etc.)

The problem with some of the new star players from GW is that they lack Loner. And their pricing has been discussed and criticized.

Grak & Crumbleberry are modelled just like a generic ogre and halfling with no unique attributes. So if you want to use them, I'd say you could use any suitable models as replacements.

GW will allow them at their events because they released them. I guess you would need the original models or at minimum convert them from other GW models.

What others do is free to decide completely.

If my calculations are correct, there's currently 76 Star Players (including 4 pairs). 18 of which are new (including 3 pairs).

Barik Farblast
Bertha Bigfist
Bilerot Vomitflesh *NEW*
Brick Far’th & Grotty
Bo Gallanté
Bomber Dribblesnot
Boomer Eziasson
Buboe Festerspit *NEW*
Count Luthor Von Drakenborg
Crazy Igor
Deeproot Strongbranch
Dolfar Longstride
Eldril Sidewinder
Fezglitch
Flint Churnblade
Frank N. Stein *NEW*
Fungus The Loon
Glart Smashrip *NEW*
Glart Smashrip Jr.
Grak & Crumbleberry *NEW*
Grashnak Blackhoof
Griff Oberwald Grim Ironjaw
Grobrik Orcbiter *NEW*
Grut Gitgobbla *NEW*
Guffle Pushmaw *NEW*

Hack Enslash
Hakflem Skuttlespike
Headsplitter
Heinrich Von Duisgart *NEW*
Helmut Wulf
Hemlock
Horkon Heartripper
Hthark the Unstoppable
Hubris Rakarth
Humerus Carpal
Icepelt Hammerblow
Ithaca Benoin
J Earlice
Jordell Freshbreeze
Karla von Kill *NEW*
Kreek Rustgouger *NEW*

Lewdgrip Whiparm
Lord Borak the Despoiler
Lottabottol
Madcap Miggz *NEW*
Max Spleenripper
Mighty Zug
Morg ‘n’ Thorg
Nobbla Blackwart
Prince Moranion
Puggy Baconbreath
Quetzal Leap
Ramtut III
Rashnak Backstabber
Rasta Tailspike *NEW*
Skaven
Ripper Bolgrot
Roxanna Darknail
Scrappa Sorehead
Setekh
Slibli
Sinnedbad
Skitter Stab-Stab
Soaren Hightower
The Swift Twins - Lucien & Valen *NEW*
Ugroth Bolgrot
Varag Ghoul-Chewer
Wilhelm Chaney
Willow Rosebark
Zara the Slayer
Zzharg Madeye
Grombrindal (The White Dwarf) & The Black Gobbo *NEW*

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Glamdryn wrote:It would be good to add the sources of these stars (ie DZ2, White Dwarf Magazine, etc.)
The basis is LRB6. All new Star Players are official from GW. I have packed so much info so didn't really have space or layout to add additional info about source.

Some are from Bugman's GW event 2016. Others are from various apps, WD, death zone books and limited sales on GW events.

Some info comes from single source, like mentioned above. But other info comes from combined sources like book +errata pdf. So its quite an effort to keep track of it all, which I unfortunately did not do.

Djay
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Djay »

MacHurto wrote:I thought it had been answered but I went through the whole thread and haven't seen it. Milo/JT-Y, were the CPR Wizard and Horatio considered as complementary inducements or are they not supposed to be played together?
I asked and didn't get a response. I'm guessing they weren't tested together. For what it's worth, in my league we decided that you can induce both, but you can't use them at the same time (so, you can't fireball with Horatio, then immediately throw a Lightning Bolt with the Wizard, for example).

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

garion wrote:Seasons
an example- Chaos Dwarf team just about to end their 3rd season. They have a FF of 12 and because a less than successful season they have to fire a bunch of their players and recruit new ones. In short -FF serves no real purpose stop it adding to TV and forcing team retirement after a "season"
I am not sure how a team managed to keep FF12 if they had a poor season? Were you just unlucky with your wants to retire rolls? You do know you do not have to rebuy FF when you redraft? Our League has just re-drafted for Season 2 most teams were able to get 1300-1500 TV. A few teams had to drop a player or re-roll to and will start the new season with zero treasury. The worst hit was the Elf team that went all in to win (and did not) needing to trim 380k which was just 2 players, 2 re-rolls and the Apo. They are still starting with 4 Blitzes and the Witch on 2 Skill up and all the linemen with one upgrade.
garion wrote: to go back a bit in LRB4 - FF had a purpose; it determined how much money you would make from a game directly. I think the real question in a post LRB4 world is why does FF add to TV? What value does it actually bring to the table? The only answer I can think of is it is there to artificially give experienced teams a small handicap. But is this really needed? I personally don't think so.
Like Cheerleaders FF does very little but they both help you win those random Kick-off events. Just this week I had a match with two Pitch Invasions and stunning on 5+ rather than 6+ is a big difference. FF is a TV tax on good coaches; that is not a bad thing so long as people understand that. Part of the issue is that like weak skills everything goes up in 10k,20k or 30k blocks. FF, Cheerleaders and AC are the sort of thing that should probably cost 5k a point to balance out that they are only useful in 1/3 of kickoff events.
Milo wrote:Fan Factor once again has an advantage for teams who are seeking sponsorships and residency in stadiums. Sponsorships can bring you extra gold and additional benefits, so that helps balance out the TV bloat of FF (above and beyond in-game benefits.)
As Milo mentioned if you are using the new Sponsorship rules then FF helps get Sponsors and thus more cash akin to LRB4 giving more winnings.
Milo wrote:You could just as easily say that a team can reduce their Fan Factor at any time, at their discretion. After all, you can fire or retire any other part of your team at will, and it's easy to imagine ways in which a team could alienate some of their fan base if they wanted to.
This would most likely result in a lot of min/max players dropping it down to zero or only a few points as 5 Skills are going to have a bigger impact thatn 10 FF.
JT-Y wrote:Grak and Crumbleberry, as I keep saying, their rules are only available inside a miniature clampack only available at events. They are hardly standard release or readily available.
If you live near Nottingham they are readily available. I wish the FAQ/Errata would be updated to include that this pair should have LONER skill at that would make it much easier to allow them in Leagues.
garion wrote:@ JT-Y -
Seriously... If you insist on such pedantry any time a suggestion for improving the game is put forward, well its really not reflecting very well on your self or the current BBRC imo. To constantly just bat feedback away with ... "this is customisable"; makes a mockery of the rules.
Sadly I agree with this saying everything is optional is not really a helpful answer. People buy the books and expect to play the game presented. Store Leagues are going to be run with the minimum of changes to what is the core game.