Death Zone season 3, what might be

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Death Zone season 3, what might be

Post by Milo »

stashman wrote:I would love to have more major sponsorship, diffrent ongoing, add more attributes to stadiums, weathertables incorp with stadiums either underground stadium or a stadium in the icy north for winter table.
I know I'd love to see more major sponsorship in future books, and I've suggested as much. Time will tell. The weather tables for underground and cold-weather pitches have already been posted. Maybe we'll see some new ones with future pitches, though. (I think a graveyard-themed pitch and weather table would be a lot of fun.)

Reason: ''
Milo

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Graveyard themed pitch, is that a hint for DZ3 perhaps?!

That reminds me, all the pitches have been two sided*. Does the upcoming Goblin pitch only have one side then? It seems that would be a missed opportunity.

*I'm not sure if the Blood in the Snow pitch is two sided or not?

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

Milo wrote:
stashman wrote:I would love to have more major sponsorship, diffrent ongoing, add more attributes to stadiums, weathertables incorp with stadiums either underground stadium or a stadium in the icy north for winter table.
I know I'd love to see more major sponsorship in future books, and I've suggested as much. Time will tell. The weather tables for underground and cold-weather pitches have already been posted. Maybe we'll see some new ones with future pitches, though. (I think a graveyard-themed pitch and weather table would be a lot of fun.)
I hoped for weather to incorporate with stadiums.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

faust_33 wrote:Graveyard themed pitch, is that a hint for DZ3 perhaps?!
Nope, not a hint -- at least not an intentional one. I was just imagining the possibilities.
faust_33 wrote:*I'm not sure if the Blood in the Snow pitch is two sided or not?
It is, but it's just snowy Humans on one side and snowy Orcs on the other side.

Milo

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

Apparently Andy and James talked about DZ3 at their Warhammer World presentation. Was anyone there that can shed some light on that?

=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser

Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.
garion

Post by garion »

Milo wrote:
faust_33 wrote:Graveyard themed pitch, is that a hint for DZ3 perhaps?!
Nope, not a hint -- at least not an intentional one. I was just imagining the possibilities.
Are you guys copying my pitches? :P
That new goblin pitch is extremely close to mine. Then you mention a graveyard pitch which I did last year. I don't mind, as the official pitches are obviously a lot better than mine. Just genuinely interested where the inspiration is coming from? I'm obviously joking, and sure its just coincidence really but interesting nevertheless. :D

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

garion wrote:Are you guys copying my pitches? :P
That new goblin pitch is extremely close to mine. Then you mention a graveyard pitch which I did last year. I don't mind, as the official pitches are obviously a lot better than mine. Just genuinely interested where the inspiration is coming from? I'm obviously joking, and sure its just coincidence really but interesting nevertheless. :D
You make pitches? I mean, I just help review rules, I'm not involved in any decisions on what products to bring to market, but it's my understanding that eventually GW wants to produce a pitch appropriate for every race. Based on that, it's reasonable to assume an undead pitch will be available someday. But I can't tell you what inspires which pitch to do next.

Milo

ugrosh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ugrosh »

i think that a Dz undead themed with graveyard pitch rules would be a blast

garion

Post by garion »

Milo wrote:
garion wrote:Are you guys copying my pitches? :P
You make pitches? I mean, I just help review rules, I'm not involved in any decisions on what products to bring to market, but it's my understanding that eventually GW wants to produce a pitch appropriate for every race. Based on that, it's reasonable to assume an undead pitch will be available someday. But I can't tell you what inspires which pitch to do next.
Yeah this the graveyard -

And I have a goblin one that looks extremely similar to this one https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DA1Ei0FXgAAnkxN.jpg

The new pitches they are producing are great though!!!. Just wish that winter one wasn't such a limited run. :(

Back on topic though, I just really hope for
Frank N Stein
Hoshi Komi
Warmglow Vindaloo

decay removed from TGs, thick skull added to the throw and blitz ra. For the Khmeri fluff to remain true to the BB magazine origin story i.e. Ruff the Unwise and his book the Ruff Guide to Khemri. Assuming this is the an undead book.

If we get all the chaos and elves instead then those rosters are all fine really. guess Nurgle should have the same rr cost as normal chaos really. But thats no biggie and I'm not really bothered either way. Assassins on Dark Elves are pretty pointless, they should be 10k cheaper if anyone is meant to use them ever.

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Nurgle and all the Elves are in DZ1. They aren't changing and won't be in DZ3.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
garion

Post by garion »

:lol: whoops.. totally forgot that those rosters were there.

Well Beast should have M access on singles. Another missed opportunity to fix something gone there. Assassins are still a waste of space, which is another minor chance to fix something gone. The rest are fine really.

stashman

Post by stashman »

Hope for new and more (In)Famous Coaching Staff

Necromancer, patch em togheter. Rolling on table, lost an arm -AG, lost a leg -MA, lost its head -AV. Something good/bad balance

Runesmith

Wizards: lightning (place a marker, scatter it 5 times, if it hits a standing player....

Somekind of Earthquake spell, mindcontroll spell etc.

Hooligan Firm: a gang of hooligans adding fame or ff.

Apothecary: save a dead player, gets bonehead etc

Wulfyn
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wulfyn »

garion wrote:Assassins on Dark Elves are pretty pointless, they should be 10k cheaper if anyone is meant to use them ever.
Yeah I used to think that, and then I played Simon_ACP, who is one of the best players in the world, at Dungeonbowl (which he won), and his DE team had an assassin and he used it very effectively. Maybe it's not for everyone, but he is able to make it work.

Very nice pitches by the way.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

In DZ3, we'll probably get the wizard back.
And perhaps Igor too? I mean - not just in the "teams of legend" pdf. Lots of teams got special coaching staff in DZ2, but Undead, Necro and Khemri didn't - which might mean that they'll get their Igor back properly.
In fact, if they do, only CDs, Darkies, Halflings, Lizards, Slann and Vampires still haven't recieved one (except Horatio X, who plays for everyone).

Looking for similarities... perhaps we'll get...
The Master Chef back for halflings - and not just in 'teams of legend'.
Lizards and Slann could get a slann mage/astronomer?
Cds and Darkies could get something cruel, like a slaver or torturer.
And the vampires....? Maybe they'll get the Igor too? Or the torturer? Or something else entirely.

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Looking at games like D&D, there is a lot of crazy stuff you could do with Wizards. I wouldn't want Wizards to completely dominate the game, but just thinking of spells that could be fun. Not sure if it would make sense to buy a spell for the Wizard or roll randomly to see which spell they can cast. I kind of like the random idea, because then sometimes they would be more/less powerful.

Polymorph - change a player into a frog for a half
Teleport opponent - send an opposing player to another place on the field
Acid bath - reduce someone's armor for a turn or this half
Mud/Quicksand - basically Root a player
Grease - target the ball carrier, roll d6, on anything but a 6, drop the ball
Dwarf boots - everyone on the opposing team is -1 movement for the half