Death Zone season 3, what might be

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Khar-peth
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Death Zone season 3, what might be

Post by Khar-peth »

I certainly have no inside knowledge from GW but the fact that Slanns have been gone from Battle/AoS for so long doesnt bode well.
All the new sculpts until now feature races that "exist" in the current AoS setting.
But hey Forgeworld did some Fimir not long ago so why not ?

Reason: ''
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Well, now that the Warhammer World has been replaced by AoS, and BB still exists, it has become clearer that the BB universe is it's own alternate universe. Slann were in the official 2nd edition of BB, so that just might bring them back on that account.

On the other hand, only the oldies even know what a Slann is. So perhaps chances are better to get the stats ported onto something else. BB2 is doing that, turning them into the Kislev Circus Acrobat team, (which doesn't quite work for me, bet hey, if it floats for someone else..). An alternative take might be a Tzeentch Horrors team, where leap is a proxy for a teleport move... But to my mind they'd be sorely lacing M-access then.

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

New star player called flinky flonk the skink except he plays on any team and on a D6 roll of 3+ all opposition players are placed prone and he teleports 2 D8 scatters away from the touch line.

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Slann aren't coming back. They do exist in the BB world, but they are the same as Slann in the Warhammer world; few in number, giant frogs with the sort of magical powers required to recreate the world, which is what the Old Ones made them for, to magically terraform worlds.

It's a good roster, but GW aren't making frogman figures.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Slann are real!

:orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Slann are real of course, all of it is real, but Slann don't play BB. They have Lizardmen for that ;)

In 40k, which is set in our own future, Slann existed in our ancient past, inspired by ancient astronaut theories and alien conspiracy cranks.
WFB and BB is something else,fantasy worlds that don't fit in our reality.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

JT-Y wrote:Slann aren't coming back. They do exist in the BB world, but they are the same as Slann in the Warhammer world; few in number, giant frogs with the sort of magical powers required to recreate the world, which is what the Old Ones made them for, to magically terraform worlds.

It's a good roster, but GW aren't making frogman figures.
OK... so instead lets just hope that the lizardman team gets updated to include a giant fat frog, who can magically alter the pitch and possibly also the game - so if you're losing, big fat frog shakes a magical stick and suddenly you're 2-1 up, your opponents team is all dead, and the pitch is on fire.

I reckon this could be a good shout for Death Zone season 4...

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

On fire? Don't be daft.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Regash wrote: And also, I'm just now trying to get a miniature for each of them and basically got them all and now new ones are released... :( :lol:
Same for me, had just 18 of the 56 stars to go (counting Brick and Grotty as 1) and now they go and release 7 new ones! Well 8 since the twins are a pair.

Seriously though, cool new stars and minis is always good. I like that some races are getting stars of their own now rather than just borrow from other teams. Hope we get models and more detailed fluff of some of the lesser known ones like Ithaca or Crazy Igor.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

JT-Y wrote:On fire? Don't be daft.
I agree, pitch on fire is just ridiculous, everything else fine :lol: :lol:
spubbbba wrote:
Regash wrote: And also, I'm just now trying to get a miniature for each of them and basically got them all and now new ones are released... :( :lol:
Same for me, had just 18 of the 56 stars to go (counting Brick and Grotty as 1) and now they go and release 7 new ones! Well 8 since the twins are a pair.

Seriously though, cool new stars and minis is always good. I like that some races are getting stars of their own now rather than just borrow from other teams. Hope we get models and more detailed fluff of some of the lesser known ones like Ithaca or Crazy Igor.
+another 1 :orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

JT-Y wrote:WFB and BB is something else,fantasy worlds that don't fit in our reality.
And BB and WFB are totally different worlds as well, BB is in an alternative WFB universe.

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

I am sure there were Slann players in the 1st edition of blood bowl?

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

I'd like to see Hack En Slash and Max Spleenripper. We haven't played with chainsaws (or even Star Players much), but they always look super cool on a mini.

It's hard to say whether they go the Undead route (Undead, Khemri, Necro) or go a Chaos route (Chaos Chosen/Nurgle). I noticed on the last page of DZ2, there is a Nurgle illustration, and I can picture them saying "See you next time!". Plus one of the first new Stars was Nurgle, and I think they were rumored as new minis. Yea, all signs seem to be pointing towards Chaos. Though I would much rather have Undead.

garion

Post by garion »

faust_33 wrote: I noticed on the last page of DZ2, there is a Nurgle illustration, and I can picture them saying "See you next time!". Plus one of the first new Stars was Nurgle, and I think they were rumored as new minis. Yea, all signs seem to be pointing towards Chaos.
Well spotted!!!

I wouldn't be surprised at all if you are right. After all in the previous book we got the Squig teased in advance which was a big clue that gobos and squig star were coming.

that would change the potential list of stars too, to all the old Chaos Ones of which there are a lot of really awesome ones to choose from.

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

fire olli wrote:I am sure there were Slann players in the 1st edition of blood bowl?
There were Slann in WFB back then like that as well. But the Slann changed in the early 1990s to be the very distinct giant magic frogs of today who sit atop temple pyramids in Lustria and ponder the will of the Old Ones who created them as world builders, and the nature of the universe, whilst the agile frogman type remained distinctly different and belonging to the 40k universe where millions of years ago they fought a galaxy defining war against the Necrons and created the lesser races as tools to use in that.
This coincided with the creation of Lizardmen as a distinct race. They are the race the Slann rule and without the change would not exist.

The change was made to both WFB and BB by Jervis and Rick P. It's been canon for a lot of years and GW has never reversed it.
It was a deliberate design choice made by the people who created these worlds, a change made to clearly define the origin of the universe's and make them distinctly different.

Slann do exist, but they don't play BB.

It's a good roster, but GW will not release frogman figures that play football.