[rules query] Blood lust DZ2

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Re: [rules query] Blood lust DZ2

Post by Mystic Force »

Thank you for these comments Milo,

I have had a problem with GW actions rather than it as an entity. My main problem being that the ever increasing price for product made me reassess the value proposition of continuing to buy WFB so I stopped and invested in alternative games instead, then they killed it.

However the thing they made I can say I have had the most fun with has always been Bloodbowl. I am very happy that they have rereleased it. It makes the game more accessible for new comers in a way, that despite various peoples hard work, dedication and passion to create 3rd party products (And lets face it there are some amazing things out there people have made) can never quite replace the attention of the IP owner.

I definitely work for a corporation which makes decisions that leaves you scratching your head. I will say I am envious of your opportunity to have met with the people who have been responsible for working on BB and helping to direct its destination. But I can't say I have anywhere near as many games under my belt as many on here despite dabbling for 20+ years, so I doubt my input is as valuable. So thank you for your work on keeping the game alive.

Reason: ''
I am a pro "fun" guy.
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Re: [rules query] Blood lust DZ2

Post by Milo »

Mystic Force wrote:However the thing they made I can say I have had the most fun with has always been Bloodbowl. I am very happy that they have rereleased it. It makes the game more accessible for new comers in a way, that despite various peoples hard work, dedication and passion to create 3rd party products (And lets face it there are some amazing things out there people have made) can never quite replace the attention of the IP owner.
Agreed completely. And the attention from fans, third party companies, and the NAF certainly helped keep Blood Bowl alive. I think GW probably would have brought it back at some point anyways -- a good IP shouldn't go to waste -- but the state of the game made tackling Blood Bowl first a no-brainer.
Mystic Force wrote:I definitely work for a corporation which makes decisions that leaves you scratching your head. I will say I am envious of your opportunity to have met with the people who have been responsible for working on BB and helping to direct its destination. But I can't say I have anywhere near as many games under my belt as many on here despite dabbling for 20+ years, so I doubt my input is as valuable. So thank you for your work on keeping the game alive.
I think I was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time. When Jervis published the 4th Edition "gold" version of the rules, I was managing one of the online BB communities, and managed to convince him to attend a chat session to discuss the feedback for that ruleset. I guess that got my foot in the door. I've considered it a privilege and an honor to have been able to have a hand, however small, in shaping the game.

But I try to be open and listen to any feedback, and I pass what I think has merit along to the real decision makers.

Reason: ''
Milo