Gouged Eye Orc Blood Bowl Neoprene Pitch SOLD OUT?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Gouged Eye Orc Blood Bowl Neoprene Pitch SOLD OUT?

Post by garion »

Are they going to re-stock or is that it, gone again before anyone can buy this stuff?

It seems all these things get picked up by the ebay mob before us real punters get to pay day at the end of the month....

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Goug ... pitch-2017

Reason: ''
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Re: Gouged Eye Orc Blood Bowl Neoprene Pitch SOLD OUT?

Post by bound for glory »

I was waiting to jump on that pitch(don't know why, tbh. I have over a dozen different game boards...a fool and his money, right?) and its gone.

Seems to me they will make more, right?

Rick Sanchez lives!
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Wow, that was quick. Guess it makes easy to make a decision on whether to buy or not. Luckily I was leaning towards skipping that one.

Weird, the other pre-orders are still available. The neoprene mat is the only thing they have sold out of BB wise so far (on FW). I guess not as many were made.

On a side note, anyone want to bet how long those hairless Rat Ogres are going to be in stock? :lol:

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

I just read on FB that it might be a quality control issue, and that they are retiring the item from sale.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

here is part of the email that i received from forge world earlier today:

"Hey there Michael,

We’re afraid we have some bad news about your recent pre-order for the Gouged Eye Orc Blood Bowl Pitch.

Quality is important to us and we think you deserve the best. We’re sorry to say that this product has not met with these high standards, so we’ve decided to remove it from sale.

We know you were likely looking forward to scoring some touchdowns on your new gridiron over the next few weeks, and we understand that this is frustrating.

So here’s what we’re going to do.

We’re going to fully refund you the cost of this product and any shipping you’ve paid on it. Then, we're going to give you £25 to spend on whatever you like on the Forge World web store, in the form of a virtual gift voucher and you will find your voucher code below."

the £25 voucher on top of the refund is a nice apology, since almost the exact same thing happened with the reavers neoprene pitch just a few months ago, i was REALLY hoping that they were able work out all the issues this time. if anyone is really bored and wants to read about my full thoughts on the matter, i wrote a post on my blog about the whole thing.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

At least it wasn't sould out like the previous pitches and the dice.

It is a disater GW/FW not able to produce proper quality gaming mats. Go to Deep Cut Studio, they have had 10 unique top quality mats and you can choose pvc or mouse mat. And they've been available since launch in November. At half the price.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Baxx wrote:At least it wasn't sould out like the previous pitches and the dice.

It is a disater GW/FW not able to produce proper quality gaming mats. Go to Deep Cut Studio, they have had 10 unique top quality mats and you can choose pvc or mouse mat. And they've been available since launch in November. At half the price.
Well, it's not GW/FW that are making these mats -- they're trying to find a company who can produce them in the quantities they need. GW is a miniatures company, not a mousepad company. Clearly, they've had problems with quality, and I think GW is doing the responsible thing, pulling those products and compensating people who had ordered them before the problems were found. GW is now in the red on those items, since they have refunded all sales AND provided a gift voucher, so I think it's reasonable to say that GW wants to find a reliable vendor just as much as the customers want them to.

It's great for consumers that there are other companies who can provide these types of products, but it's probably worth noting that a company who can produce a couple dozen of these on-demand may not be capable of providing the quantities GW/FW would need to order to be able to stock an item. (Maybe they could, I don't know, but it's far from a sure thing.)

Milo

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Yes sure, but if a small mat company got the opportunity to double the price and sell a multiple more products (as GW/FW very likely will), these problems should be solvable by economic motivation alone.

iamcrazyjoe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by iamcrazyjoe »

Milo wrote:
Baxx wrote:At least it wasn't sould out like the previous pitches and the dice.

Well, it's not GW/FW that are making these mats -- they're trying to find a company who can produce them in the quantities they need. GW is a miniatures company, not a mousepad company. Clearly, they've had problems with quality, and I think GW is doing the responsible thing, pulling those products and compensating people who had ordered them before the problems were found. GW is now in the red on those items, since they have refunded all sales AND provided a gift voucher, so I think it's reasonable to say that GW wants to find a reliable vendor just as much as the customers want them to.

It's great for consumers that there are other companies who can provide these types of products, but it's probably worth noting that a company who can produce a couple dozen of these on-demand may not be capable of providing the quantities GW/FW would need to order to be able to stock an item. (Maybe they could, I don't know, but it's far from a sure thing.)
UltraPro makes Magic playmats, I assume in large quantities, and pretty sure that is the same material.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

iamcrazyjoe wrote:UltraPro makes Magic playmats, I assume in large quantities, and pretty sure that is the same material.
I'm not trying to say that companies cannot do this. GW does not have the capability to, so has to partner with another company -- and so far the companies they have tried to use have let them down. Disappointing all around.

I was simply saying that just because Company A can do it on a small scale doesn't necessarily mean that they can handle the bulk that a company like GW would need.

Milo

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

At the Full Beard Cup we were told the pitches had had quality issues which have now been sorted and would be in stock by the end of the month.