What is the current official price for a special play card?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Decker_cky
Veteran
Veteran

Re: What is the current official price for a special play ca

Post by Decker_cky »

stashman wrote:
Decker_cky wrote:
Babs wrote:As such, you can stack variant one with Variant Special Play Inducement Costs if you like, but I think that puts Miscellaneous Mayhem too high. I also can't see that Heroic Feats and Benefits of Training have any more value, as written in BB2016, than Dirty Tricks or Random Events. As such, I think I'll consider simply making card inducements 50K, and Miscellaneous Mayhem at 100K. Thoughts?
If you compare the various decks with CRP cards (which were fairly balanced, though dirty tricks was easily the best value), then it should be Miscellaneous Mayhem at 200k and the rest at 50k.
I can not see Miscellaneous Mayhem cards being that good. 200k for a random - you dont know what you get and have to hope for the mine or blackmail card.

For 200k you get alot more stable inducements.

Bribes
Horatio the wizard
Handful of great star players around 200k like Eldril, Karla von Kill, Bilerot Vomitflesh, Prince Moranion. Setekh, Glart Smashrip, Dolfar.

Ugroth, Helmut, Flint, and more with a bribe

A wizard for thoose who use crp/naf wizard

Apothecary, Igor, Kegs....

Much more safe things with ordinary inducements.

A human team with 200k inducements gets
Karla von Kill, add 20k
Horatio + Helmut, add 10k

Nurgle gets
Papa Skullbones + Horatio + Bloodweiser keg, add 10k

I can go on....

Miscellaneous Mayhem was all wrong with pricing in crp and that is just 'copy paste' to BB2016

In crp I didnt see anyone take a 'random events' (Miscellaneous Mayhem in crp) for 200k. Instead you took the wizard for 150k and a bloodweiser 50k

Or if you took some cards - just took 4 dirty tricks.

Miscellaneous Mayhem is not worth more than 100k

The thing is what the price should be on the other cards...
Miscellaneous Mayhem is literally a 200k deck (minus a few cards) from CRP rules, with the wrong deck name. It probably would be more fair at 150k. I strongly disagree that it's not worth more than 100k.

Reason: ''
stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

Decker_cky wrote:
stashman wrote: I can not see Miscellaneous Mayhem cards being that good. 200k for a random - you dont know what you get and have to hope for the mine or blackmail card.

For 200k you get alot more stable inducements.

Bribes
Horatio the wizard
Handful of great star players around 200k like Eldril, Karla von Kill, Bilerot Vomitflesh, Prince Moranion. Setekh, Glart Smashrip, Dolfar.

Ugroth, Helmut, Flint, and more with a bribe

A wizard for thoose who use crp/naf wizard

Apothecary, Igor, Kegs....

Much more safe things with ordinary inducements.

A human team with 200k inducements gets
Karla von Kill, add 20k
Horatio + Helmut, add 10k

Nurgle gets
Papa Skullbones + Horatio + Bloodweiser keg, add 10k

I can go on....

Miscellaneous Mayhem was all wrong with pricing in crp and that is just 'copy paste' to BB2016

In crp I didnt see anyone take a 'random events' (Miscellaneous Mayhem in crp) for 200k. Instead you took the wizard for 150k and a bloodweiser 50k

Or if you took some cards - just took 4 dirty tricks.

Miscellaneous Mayhem is not worth more than 100k

The thing is what the price should be on the other cards...
Miscellaneous Mayhem is literally a 200k deck (minus a few cards) from CRP rules, with the wrong deck name. It probably would be more fair at 150k. I strongly disagree that it's not worth more than 100k.
So you rather gamble 150k on a card than take a wizard???

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

While this is true, you do need to note that there are a number of changes to the rules - while the names may be the same, there have been tweaks to how the cards work, that reduce their potency.

Thanks to the NAF's D_Arquebus for this comparison.

Of course, some decks will also have the two other Miscellaneous Mayhem cards in it as well, the Early Bird and Go Full Beard.

So, all in all, I don't think the deck is really worth the 200k price tag. As mentioned, considering 100K for it, with all other decks 50K. Do you think that's underpriced for the _other_ decks?

=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser

Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.
Decker_cky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Decker_cky »

stashman wrote:So you rather gamble 150k on a card than take a wizard???
Wizard has never been correctly costed at 150k. I'd consider one of the Miscellaneous Mayhem cards at 150k over a wizard at 200k.
Babs wrote:So, all in all, I don't think the deck is really worth the 200k price tag. As mentioned, considering 100K for it, with all other decks 50K. Do you think that's underpriced for the _other_ decks?
Other decks should all be 50k (or at least, the only deck that potentially should cost more is dirty tricks). Other cards at 50k vs mischellaneous mayhem at 150k is a lot closer to a fair cost than mischellaneous mayhem at 100k.

stashman

Post by stashman »

Decker_cky wrote:
stashman wrote:So you rather gamble 150k on a card than take a wizard???
Wizard has never been correctly costed at 150k. I'd consider one of the Miscellaneous Mayhem cards at 150k over a wizard at 200k.
Babs wrote:So, all in all, I don't think the deck is really worth the 200k price tag. As mentioned, considering 100K for it, with all other decks 50K. Do you think that's underpriced for the _other_ decks?
Other decks should all be 50k (or at least, the only deck that potentially should cost more is dirty tricks). Other cards at 50k vs mischellaneous mayhem at 150k is a lot closer to a fair cost than mischellaneous mayhem at 100k.
I'd rather take 3 cards than 1 Miscellaneous Mayhem, because not all Mayhem cards are that good.