Last Second Substitution

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Last Second Substitution

Post by stashman »

Benefits of Training Special card "Last Second Substitution" is not 100% understandable.

You can switch a player from your dugout. Ok?

Must it be placed where the other was standing? Must I keep the set-up and not change a player from LOS too a widezone?

If I can change how ever I want its a good card, but if I can only switch between same players - well then its not worth taking... Ever!!!

Milo or JT can you help me/us with an answer.

Thanks

Reason: ''
JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Re: Last Second Substitution

Post by JT-Y »

Personally I would lean towards a more narrative interpretation, by which I mean that whilst on the board you are swapping one model for another, in reality (humour me) one player jogs off and another jogs on. In that case there is no real reason for the substitute to be in the exact same square/spot on the field as the player he replaces. For me so long as your set up remains legal, put the substitute where you will, it clearly shows a last second change of plan for the drive.

That's how it reads to me and why at any rate. But I can see how it's unclear.
Hope that helps.

That said I can see uses for it the other way. Goading an opponent into a certain set up and then catching them out with a serious Star where a lowly lineman was could upset their plans for instance.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
stashman

Post by stashman »

Thanks.

Now it seems like a better card, although there are better cards.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

The card is terrible... "You can switch one of your players on the pitch with a player in the Reserves box of your Dugout." It is sooo situational. Like, you got a super killer star player and want to trap someone? Let's say you got Morg, when is it ever natural to NOT deploy him from start? Opponent gonna understand something is fishy. Compare that to the Switcheroo card in the same deck: Switch a player on the field with a player in dugout at the start of your turn. That is just infinite amount better!

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

One potential value to this card is to keep your one-turn scorer in the dugout, wait until you see how your opponent has set up, and then put him on the pitch. It is highly situational, but some of the cards are like that.

Milo

stashman

Post by stashman »

Milo wrote:One potential value to this card is to keep your one-turn scorer in the dugout, wait until you see how your opponent has set up, and then put him on the pitch. It is highly situational, but some of the cards are like that.
"Play at the start of a drive in which you are kicking, before the kick-off."

Maybe reversed, where is the one-turner put from your opponent - then you change your player

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

stashman wrote:
Milo wrote:One potential value to this card is to keep your one-turn scorer in the dugout, wait until you see how your opponent has set up, and then put him on the pitch. It is highly situational, but some of the cards are like that.
"Play at the start of a drive in which you are kicking, before the kick-off."

Maybe reversed, where is the one-turner put from your opponent - then you change your player
Oh, good point, I didn't have it in front of me for reference. I could see using it to see where your opponent sets up his players on the LOS, then strategically putting your Treeman/Deathroller/Beast of Nurgle where it could do the most damage/be the most irritating.

Milo

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Good for OTT defence. you could hold a stand firm piece in reserve and then screw their plans?

stashman

Post by stashman »

nazgob wrote:Good for OTT defence. you could hold a stand firm piece in reserve and then screw their plans?
First good use I've seen so far.