New stuff

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Re: New stuff

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Wifflebat wrote:If they are indeed Special Play cards, I hope they're not usable only by (or balanced for) the team in question. There's no reasonable way to include SP cards that benefit Elves in particular if the other 23 teams won't get theirs for years, or ever.

Welcome to GW.

Reason: ''
mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

apparently the cards are "themed" for the elves, but can be used by any team. if you have a Twitch account, and pay to subscribe to the Warhammer TV channel, you can watch the video with Andy showing everything off here. BB stuff starts at the 1:43:00 mark.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Those poor Elves need all the help they can get. Especially Wood Elves, what a bunch of losers!

I would imagine that anything benefitting an Elf team could also be used by any other finesse team. Unless they did something really dumb and stated on the card "Usable by Elven Union, Wood Elves, Dark Elves, High Elves, Sea Elves, Granny Elves, ...". That would be a big mistake, and suck for any non-Elf coach who drew the card. I can't imagine they would do that.

@Mikey - could you give us an example of one of the cards? If they happened to showcase them. Just wondering what "themed" cards means exactly.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

unfortunately, i haven't actually seen the video as i am too cheap to pay for the Warhammer TV subscription. i found the info about the video on reddit. i don't THINK andy goes into detail about special play cards on the video. the reddit user who saw the video just said that the cards would be usable by more than just the Elven Union team.
on a side note, andy VERY graciously offered me a review set of the new cards for my site, so once i get those, i will be sure to post more general information about them.

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

mikeyc222 wrote: on a side note, andy VERY graciously offered me a review set of the new cards for my site, so once i get those, i will be sure to post more general information about them.
Gratz!!! What site??? Give it to me so I can read all about it :-)

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

stashman wrote:What site??? Give it to me so I can read all about it :-)
link in my signature. :)

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Wifflebat wrote:If they are indeed Special Play cards, I hope they're not usable only by (or balanced for) the team in question. There's no reasonable way to include SP cards that benefit Elves in particular if the other 23 teams won't get theirs for years, or ever.
Like team specific ball rules you mean? Or (In)Famous Coaching staff? Even 1-2 dice sets, 1-2 pitches, boster backs (to complete the team) and full teams.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

mikeyc222 wrote:unfortunately, i haven't actually seen the video as i am too cheap to pay for the Warhammer TV subscription. i found the info about the video on reddit. i don't THINK andy goes into detail about special play cards on the video. the reddit user who saw the video just said that the cards would be usable by more than just the Elven Union team.
on a side note, andy VERY graciously offered me a review set of the new cards for my site, so once i get those, i will be sure to post more general information about them.
Thanks for the reply Mikey! Yea, the cost for Warhammer TV likely wouldn't be worth for it me. Just as buying a recent subscription was a mistake, now that Blood Bowl content is gone during the interim.

We will all find out the news eventually, that's for sure. I'll be keeping an eye out for the Card review on you site as well. That should be sweet.

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

Baxx wrote:
Like team specific ball rules you mean? Or (In)Famous Coaching staff? Even 1-2 dice sets, 1-2 pitches, boster backs (to complete the team) and full teams.
Since I'm not concerned with the "fairness" of a release schedule, I can restrict myself to the items with an in-game effect... :roll:

The balls and pitches are optional, and affect both teams. One team or another might get an advantage from some items, but their opponents can just to decline to use the rules. I guess the Coaching Staff might be relevant here in a similar way, though, because all of the teams have loads of inducements available and the coaches seem pretty well-balanced, I never really thought about the overall availability of coaches that might help Slann or Vampires or other yet-to-be-rereleased teams. Adding cards that favor a team or a playstyle into a random deck, though, would obviously shift the value of that deck to the (in this case) elf player.

It's not something I'm too worried about, of course. The magic of league rules is that you can exclude anything that doesn't make sense; I just happen to like the cards, and I'd like for as many of them as possible to be usable without having worry about whatever passes for balance in Blood Bowl.

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Wifflebat wrote: The balls and pitches are optional, and affect both teams. One team or another might get an advantage from some items, but their opponents can just to decline to use the rules. I guess the Coaching Staff might be relevant here in a similar way, though, because all of the teams have loads of inducements available and the coaches seem pretty well-balanced, I never really thought about the overall availability of coaches that might help Slann or Vampires or other yet-to-be-rereleased teams. Adding cards that favor a team or a playstyle into a random deck, though, would obviously shift the value of that deck to the (in this case) elf player.

It's not something I'm too worried about, of course. The magic of league rules is that you can exclude anything that doesn't make sense; I just happen to like the cards, and I'd like for as many of them as possible to be usable without having worry about whatever passes for balance in Blood Bowl.
Yes, but cards, balls, pitches and everything else including the game itself are optional. While tossing a bomb disguised as a ball may be equal for both players, who receives that ball is not equal (and the kicking player makes the decision). I'm not too worried either just longing for a "completeness" which the game has enjoyed for a long time up until the new version.

Me too likes the cards (and everything else).