BB2016 to CRP Special Play Cards Comparison

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Re: BB2016 to CRP Special Play Cards Comparison

Post by JT-Y »

It had not. It's all there, you just have to unpack the information and not skip ahead. You also need to understand that you can't just go and take cash from your treasury at any point and without that spend adding to your TV.

Reason: ''

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

JT-Y wrote:It had not. It's all there, you just have to unpack the information and not skip ahead.
WTF? I can fully accept this as RAI, but you are saying it is RAW. Would you please point out where it says inducements, petty cash or gold spent from treasury changes TV?
JT-Y wrote:You also need to understand that you can't just go and take cash from your treasury at any point and without that spend adding to your TV.
What would cause me to understand this prior to your statement?
The opponent of a team that is playing at their home stadium gets an additional 50,000 gold pieces in petty cash for the purchase of inducemtnes.
If petty cash changes the TV, when in your detailed description is the 50k from opponent home stadium added?

stashman

Post by stashman »

Lets say we have the Reputation for Spectacle stadium that gives both team 100,000

Team A is home team with 1,000,000 TV vs Team B is away team with 1,200,000 TV.

Team A gets 100+200 = 300k
Team B gets 100+50 = 150k

And if team A puts in cash say 50k.

Help me understand where in the steps we solve this?

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Please tell me why you would get to add stuff without changing TV?
It's an assumption and a wrong one. I'm aware of the current wording being interpreted as intended with no confusion and with a bit of confusion, so I say down to figure out how to better word it.

Now if you'll excuse I'm not here for an argument, I'm actually stuck in hospital and was being nice sharing this with you guys here because it's more fun to think about BB.
If you have questions I'll get to them in due course. Not today though please because concentration is elusive.

Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

JT-Y wrote:Please tell me why you would get to add stuff without changing TV?
Because there is nothing to indicate that petty cash spendings increase TV, nor is there anything to indicate that a check on the TV difference occurs after one team spends money on inducements.

Get well soon!

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

Which to me is an assumption you have to make. To me the FAQ clarifies both raw and rai because my messed up head can see it both ways.

I didn't say the Inducements wording was good when DZ1 updated and reworded it. If I thought it was there would be no FAQ. I said that I could see that it wasn't a change in how Inducements and petty cash work, which is why you now have the FAQ above. FAQ's are easy to change until we get it right and a chance to see how stuff works in translations.
So, you can see the direction. Discuss away.

And thank you.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Wow, this is huge. It's in the FAQ in the Almanac? It means it has been implemented wrongly on Fumbbl, for example, not that there is any particular reason for GW to care about that.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

lunchmoney wrote:
stashman wrote:Cash added to inducements dont give away petty cash. Best thing in BB2016
I've not read the new book, as said I'm going by the list of changes noted in this thread. Nothing is said about changes to the petty cash and inducement cash rules, ergo I didnt expect them to change. Can you show a screenie with the differences?
You're right, it's noted on p5 of that thread by Plasmoid that it was left out of Geggster's list.

Have just revisited DZ1, and the wording is as follows - this is a huge point and I'll remove it if requested, but for the moment:

"Each team can spend gold from their Treasury to purchase any of the inducements listed below. The team with the lower TV is granted an additional amount of petty cash equal to the difference in TV; this is not added to their Treasury, and is wasted if it is not spent immediately. For example, if a team with a value of 1m goes up against a team with a value of 1.25m, the first coach would be able to spend an extra 250k on inducements. The team with the higher TV must purchase inducements first; once they have finished, the other team can purchase inducements."

There is nothing in the FAQ on bloodbowl.com about inducements.

I understand that JTY is in hospital, my concern is to nip this in the bud asap otherwise there will be one of those lovely internet storms we all like so much. So my questions to JTY are as follows:

1) Were inducements intended to stay the same as CRP?
2) Is what you wrote above the first time that has appeared somewhere?
3) Will it be appearing elsewhere?

Mike

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

My apologies for derailing the original posters thread topic.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

lunchmoney wrote:My apologies for derailing the original posters thread topic.
Bahahah, thats alright. This is a super entertaining thread now.

stashman

Post by stashman »

It's an assumption and a wrong one. I'm aware of the current wording being interpreted as intended with no confusion and with a bit of confusion, so I say down to figure out how to better word it.
Ok. In the DZ1 optional rules are diffrent prizes to personalise it with:
Dungeonbowl - wizard - how much TV cost?
Spike - boost FF - how much TV cost?

Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

stashman wrote:
Ok. In the DZ1 optional rules are diffrent prizes to personalise it with:
Dungeonbowl - wizard - how much TV cost?
Spike - boost FF - how much TV cost?
An example of adding "stuff" without changing TV was already given by JT-Y in the form of the optional Stadium rules. So...

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

I shared an answer that we've given a couple of times on the BB Facebook page without really thinking just because there was a bit of disagreement.
It's an answer I wrote having been sent some confused questions about the process from the community team. In all honesty I had forgotten that some here had been confused last year.

If it's an issue for the NAF or FUMBBL, it's up to them how they deal with it.

Regardless, as far as I'm concerned the matter is closed.

Wylder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Wylder »

Hi All,

Not sure I successfully followed the chatter in this thread. Can someone help make sure I understand?

So the petty cash rules work like they did in CRP - when you spend money, it adds to TV and then inducements are worked out based on that new TV?

I also understand JT-Y has clarified this. Does it appear in any official FAQ or Errata at this point? If so, can someone direct me to it? I checked the BB FAQ and DZ1 Errata on the web and couldn't find it.

Any help would be appreciated. My league is definitely playing this incorrectly (apparently) and I'd like to know what references I can give them that we should switch.

CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

JTY, I apologize for my brusque approach earlier. It just felt like you lobbed a bomb and insulted anyone who disagreed because they must have "skipped ahead" or failed to "unpack the information."

Your word is good enough for me, but if I can defend it to my leaguemates with official documents that would be even better. You mentioned the FAQ, but I can't find anything there that is related. Maybe (hopefully) there is a new FAQ document that is just not yet posted.

I assume the 50k for an opponent's home stadium would be after all other calculations. Is this correct?