GW Ruling on Inducements

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

GW Ruling on Inducements

Post by sann0638 »

Hi all,

in this thread: http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopi ... 20&t=44588 the question came up about inducement in BB16, and it was stated how they are intended to work, in a copy of a ruling previously made on the BB Facebook page.

I've summarised here: http://www.sann0638.co.uk/ruling-on-inducements/

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Re: GW Ruling on Inducements

Post by faust_33 »

A friend of mine said he's seen the previous rule abused on Fumbbl. I haven't experienced it, so I don't know if it's true or not.

Basically, you accrue a lot of petty cash. Pre-match, dump all your petty cash into Inducements, which gives you a massive advantage against someone who is now at a much lower TV rating. Of course you would lose all that cash in the match, but it still seems unfair if that's how the Fumbbl rules work.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

faust_33 wrote:A friend of mine said he's seen the previous rule abused on Fumbbl. I haven't experienced it, so I don't know if it's true or not.

Basically, you accrue a lot of petty cash. Pre-match, dump all your petty cash into Inducements, which gives you a massive advantage against someone who is now at a much lower TV rating. Of course you would lose all that cash in the match, but it still seems unfair if that's how the Fumbbl rules work.
The problem on FUMBBL was the change over where teams with a million+ gold got the new rules and I ended up playing against Morg for three games in a row.

I am sure this was 'clarified' the other way last year which is why the changes got made in FUMBBL; not that I can be bothered to read though all the old topics to find details. I am not sure if this actual clarification or just back peddling to fix another change to the rules they made. Either way it is nice to have one less change between the two rules editions.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Please use the other thread.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.