League prices when using re-draft

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

League prices when using re-draft

Post by MacHurto »

Usually winning the league (like with the major trophies in LRB6) will grant you some cash and a free RR. When using re-draft rules, this can increase TV disparity between league teams quite a lot. Given the winning team might also be more/better developed, it will give them a large advantage. Do you have any other ideas for League winner prices that don't involve large sums of money? An idea, for example, could be granting the below:

Wandering Trophy (every year it passes to the winning team):
+1 FAME during the match (no winnings)
+1 for KO rolls (Players fill it with beer and use it as a Bloodweiser Keg)

Winning team
Players add one season to their age but skip aging rolls as they dont want to leave a winning team

They help matches (marginally) and progression (quite a lot) without increasing TV disparity between teams.

Do you have better ideas? Have you done something different?

Reason: ''
kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Re: League prices when using re-draft

Post by kyrre »

I like your ideas. +1 fame makes very much sense. Maybe you should make +1 KO it a free bloodweiser instead. Rules lawyers might argue that +1 KO and 2 babes equal automatically succeeding KO rolls?

The winner of my league is granted 1 trophy reroll for a match. This reroll can be used as a bribe instead.

The player with most td+comp is given fan favorite. Same for the player with most cas+int.

Every team had a random lineman cursed by foul appearance+decay.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Not sure if these are included in the BB2016 edition, but the last edition's fluff included details and awards for The Blood Bowl
BB.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

The Dungeonbowl
DB.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

The Chaos Cup ...
CC.JPG

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

and The Spike! Magazine Trophy.
SM.JPG

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Might give you some ideas for season awards :)

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

Maybe you should make +1 KO it a free bloodweiser instead. Rules lawyers might argue that +1 KO and 2 babes equal automatically succeeding KO rolls?

The winner of my league is granted 1 trophy reroll for a match. This reroll can be used as a bribe instead.

The player with most td+comp is given fan favorite. Same for the player with most cas+int.

Every team had a random lineman cursed by foul appearance+decay.
I like all of those and a babe is better than a +1, agreed. Not sure on the reason for foul appearance+decay though?

One thing I would change on what I wrote after thinking for a second is:
Winning team
Players add one season to their age but add +1 on their aging rolls as they dont want to leave a winning team

Otherwise if players have 3, 4 seasons is clearly too OP.

Lunchmonkey, I was aware of those and like them as well, but those are prices for the Majors not a small league (in case we ever add them) :-)

Thanks both!

kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

Just silliness, and possibly off topic. The tournament was played at a local pub.
Unfortunately, it turns out that the rumors of the health problems linked to Pubben Nellie are true. One random lineman in each of the teams that completed Nellie's league has caught the awful side effects of spending too much time at the pub. The player will suffer from the effects of Nellie's Curse until the day they die.

Like many of the patrons at Pubben Nellie, a player suffering Nellie's Curse gets the skills Decay and Foul Appearance.

JPB
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JPB »

I used the following, not sure how useful they can be for you:

Dungeonbowl (winter)
The winner gets an Apothecary (a magical healer). Apo Qty changes to 0-2 as long as holding the cup.

Chaos Cup (spring)
The winner gets a free (PR/Campaign/Random Event) card each match, as long as holding the Cup (not sure how this works with the cards you have, though). And the final's MVP (1-3 loser, 4-6 winner) gains Celebrity.

Blood Bowl (summer)
The winner gets +2 FAME on the winning's roll (but not on the kick-off table!), as long as holding the cup. All final participants get a MVP.

Spike (autumn)
The team gets +2 to any gate roll, as long as holding the cup. In addition, hand out Spike Magazine's end of season awards, assigning Celebrity to the league's best players in categories like TD, CAS etc.

Minor cups (possibly played by teams who missed the playoffs)
The finals MVP's (either both or only winner) gain celebrity.

Celebrity (Extraordinary): The player adds +1 to your gate roll (eligible to play or not) and may become notorious (by ignoring an improvement roll (after rolling) and replacing Celebrity with a skill of your choice). (This does include Mutations & Extraordinary skills) (but Ball & Chain, Blood Lust, Cyborg, Decay, Ethereal, Gigantic, Intangibles, Nurgle's Rot (unless from a Nurgle roster), Right Stuff, Secret Weapon, Split, Stunty, Temporal Instability, Throw Team-Mate and Titchy can't be selected). (Nor conditions like niggling, mind-wiped or peaked). (A player may also have only one of the following skills ever: Bone-head, Really Stupid, Wild Animal, Take Root or Shape-Shifter(inner-conflict). Any additional skill (from this list) will be ignored). (Chainsaw, Bombardier and Flamethrower would come automatically with Secret Weapon) (a player with Secret Weapon can’t select a Secret Weapon again). (Any skill chosen this way counts as a double towards salary). (Celebrity itself doesn't add to the (player's) salary or (teams') TV and may be the seventh improvement of a player).

Christy42
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Christy42 »

Why bother preventing someone from taking bone head when they already have wild animal? I mean I see no advantage in it so may as well leave it.

Second of all if I do take an extraordinary skill or a mutation what does it cost. It is not an option normally and so I have no cost to double (I am presuming this is on a player that can't take mutations).

Seem like some nice ideas though.

JPB
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JPB »

Christy42 wrote:Why bother preventing someone from taking bone head when they already have wild animal? I mean I see no advantage in it so may as well leave it.
I over-shoot. This has been added with the idea in mind of using it as a prototype for a skill/ability that could be given to opponent players, too. Otherwise it's just covering bases. Can be ignored, the not underlined parts are mostly technical stuff ("in case someone has a question or needs clarification").
Christy42 wrote:Second of all if I do take an extraordinary skill or a mutation what does it cost. It is not an option normally and so I have no cost to double (I am presuming this is on a player that can't take mutations).
It counts as a double skill. The part could have been underlined (fixed it now). Celebrity in itself should be rare. And asking for more than a double (which should be 30k) would be outside the current system.

Christy42
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Christy42 »

Ah thanks for the clarifications. Definitely seems like it could be fun and create a fun story around one player. Whichever way their career goes.

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

How does the notorious thing work? I didn't quite understand it. Do they lose celebrity and win the skill they want instead?

JPB
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JPB »

MacHurto wrote:How does the notorious thing work? I didn't quite understand it. Do they lose celebrity and win the skill they want instead?
Exactly like that :). I guess the structuring, especially the "and" can be a bit obfuscating. Well, phrasing and words, the old nemesis of all human thought. :wink:

The idea is to open up the game (access to all skills) without losing transparency (6 improvements) or swamp the game with extraordinary skills (reward).
So a few players can be rewarded Celebrity status. And the next time they level up, they may ignore the improvement roll, lose Celebrity and pick any skill instead. Celebrity is basically a fluff skill (I also gave it some star-players like Griff or Morg) with the option to trade it in for a "guaranteed double+".
The tricky bit is how to implement it. But as a reward for winning a trophy is one option.