So - about that human catcher

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: So - about that human catcher

Post by sann0638 »

Heff wrote: Go on the NAF site. Look me up. I am shit but have been to a number of bigish tourneys.
Here he is! It's true, he is shit! https://member.thenaf.net/index.php?mod ... oach=17316

And here are some stats about races winning tournaments: https://public.tableau.com/profile/mike ... ds/Winners

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

sann0638 wrote:
Heff wrote: Go on the NAF site. Look me up. I am shit but have been to a number of bigish tourneys.
Here he is! It's true, he is shit! https://member.thenaf.net/index.php?mod ... oach=17316

And here are some stats about races winning tournaments: https://public.tableau.com/profile/mike ... ds/Winners
Thanks for the support there Mike :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Great record with Ogres Heff :D
Good head to head record against me too unfortunately! :(

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

speedingbullet wrote:Great record with Ogres Heff :D
Good head to head record against me too unfortunately! :(
Yeah but your record is positive while mine is...not.
Then I do play more tier 3 races than you do you Welf Powergamer :lol: :lol:

If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
keith
Rookie
Rookie

Post by keith »

JT-Y wrote:Not all tournaments are the same. so sweeping statements about what would happen in tournament play don't work, we have to deal in general themes.

Anyway, it's a moot point, I can tell you now that I'm not giving Guard to any rookie player on any roster; it is a massive force multiplier and blows game balance apart.

hmmm...what about the pay-to-test Human Nobility team? :orc:

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

As someone that only recently returned to the digital format of this game, I have to say that I prefer the Blood Bowl 2 version more for 2 reasons.

It's annoying having 0-4 positional that I rarely want or need more than 1 of. Why give me the possibility of so many when it's a subpar option. It feels like a trap. I know that Orcs have 0-4 goblins, but they both cheap, and have an obviously specific use case (as ammunition for trolls).

The other is that I would prefer to make humans as straightforward as the orcs clearly are since they the starting kit for many new players. I realize that Humans get much better in skilled hands, but I would love to see them easy to play for newer players since that is what they are marketed as.

Armor 8 makes the Human Catcher a bit more forgiving when rookies make mistakes, which they will when confronted with Orcs for the first few games.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

legowarrior wrote:As someone that only recently returned to the digital format of this game, I have to say that I prefer the Blood Bowl 2 version more for 2 reasons.

It's annoying having 0-4 positional that I rarely want or need more than 1 of. Why give me the possibility of so many when it's a subpar option. It feels like a trap. I know that Orcs have 0-4 goblins, but they both cheap, and have an obviously specific use case (as ammunition for trolls).

The other is that I would prefer to make humans as straightforward as the orcs clearly are since they the starting kit for many new players. I realize that Humans get much better in skilled hands, but I would love to see them easy to play for newer players since that is what they are marketed as.

Armor 8 makes the Human Catcher a bit more forgiving when rookies make mistakes, which they will when confronted with Orcs for the first few games.
Most interesting game I ever played against an Orc team the guy had 4 blitzers 4 goblins a Troll a thrower and a few linemen. Those goblins were evil. Like sand at the beach they got EVERYWHERE.

Oh and lego in bloodbowl NO! :evil:

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Heff wrote:Oh and lego in bloodbowl NO! :evil:
But have you seen some of the fantasticImage Lego Sets?

Plus, you can use it to make the board, and the stadium and it's really easy to move the ball around from one player to another.

I kid though. I stick to the digital format since there isn't much interest in blood bowl where I live.