Thursday Apr 19th - this week on warhammer live

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

zebulon
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Thursday Apr 19th - this week on warhammer live

Post by zebulon »

JT-Y wrote:You can only ever take one Wizard Inducement. Hireling Sports Wizard, Chaos Sorcerer and Hoartio are all a Wizard Inducement.
You can't combine them. This is deliberate.
Nice. Thanks.
JT-Y wrote: But, and as always, if you don't like it remember that all Inducements are at league commissioner's or event organiser's discretion. There is no such thing as the perfect set of rules to suit every individual or group so the freedom to choose what suits your league remains an essential component BB.
Sure. But the leagues are alive. Some coaches stop. Others begin. And it's easier to have the fewest possible house rules or rules changes for Rookies.
JT-Y wrote: Cyberdelf, I don't think Inducements should be better than efficient development either, but I do think the bench can get deeper and become more diverse in various ways and I am aware that efficient development is a term that means many things to many people.
The new way inducements works make it easier to get them (petty cash does not add up on TV anymore).
Underdog can more easily afford 150k inducement than before.
Even if it's overdog, it's without compensation for the opponent.

For exemple, in my last 2 games, by rostering Glart, my star contribute to the recruitment by my opponents of Headsplitters then Griff. But, These Stars was so few present before.
Cost me a total of 300K and offer 190K to each.

Fore the same cost, I would have had a Wizard each game. And opponents 190K less. And we probably see a game with a wizard on each side instead of Glart Vs Griff.
Easy choice. Going back to sur-optimization.

Reason: ''
Ligue BN
Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

Didn't they roll back that change to inducements?

zebulon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zebulon »

On facebook it was evoked that we had misread / misunderstood the rules.
But no faq or book comes to contradict the rules published in death zone.

The new rules work very well with expensive mistakes (without wizards).

Ligue BN
JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

The answer on Facebook stands as official, should you wish to do it that way, as it came directly from me via the community team. All rules questions answered via the community team come from us in the studio, they don't give answers to rules questions, only forward them.
It'll be added to the FAQ in due course but even simple things like that cam take months when you have as much stuff going to layout and translation as we do.
And yes, it was never the intention to change It, but some like the "new" way, so I'm considering how best to rewrite it to offer both options.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skitters »

Looks like Doom Lords and Spike go on pre-order from Saturday

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... -van-saar/

No mention of the pitch or dice yet, but there will be cards for chaos chosen plus a Skaven and a Star player pack. I'm wondering if getting the Star player pack will mean duplicates of the Human, Orc, Elf star players

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Dice are next week I believe, obviously forgotten in the post.
Pitch is delayed on its way to us, as mentioned on Thursday. We're annoyed too, but what can you do.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Skitters wrote:Looks like Doom Lords and Spike go on pre-order from Saturday

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... -van-saar/

No mention of the pitch or dice yet, but there will be cards for chaos chosen plus a Skaven and a Star player pack. I'm wondering if getting the Star player pack will mean duplicates of the Human, Orc, Elf star players
That's a good question! I don't really need the position cards, but would like to have all the Star Player cards. And like most people, would like to avoid duplicates.

Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skitters »

faust_33 wrote:That's a good question! I don't really need the position cards, but would like to have all the Star Player cards. And like most people, would like to avoid duplicates.
I was being a little retentive today and comparing the cards so far published to the Alamanac releases, and Morg was the only repeated card from the starter set in the three team packs - so I'm hopeful that there won't be any more.

This is the list of 12 DZ stars that do not have a card yet - so I'm going to assume they will feature

Barik Farblast
Bo Gallante
Glart Smashrip
Grim Ironjaw
Guffle Pusmaw
Hakflem Skuttlespike
Horkon Heartripper
Kreek Rustgouger
Madcap Miggz
Prince Moranion
Roxanna Darknail
Willow Rosebark

In addition the Orc set included the Black Gobbo, so I think you could add the White Dwarf and possibly Grak and Crumbleberry to that list - though I imagine that Glart, Hakflem and Kreek may appear in the Skaven card set.

To get the 24 star players and assuming 3/4 Skaven and Chaos cards implies 15-17 new (to BB16) stars

Jip's link to the Reddit post adds 8 chaos stars, which makes me think there will another 7 non Chaos stars in the star player pack. I reckon Skitter or Fezglitch for a fourth Skaven in the team pack...

The 8 chaos stars in the reddit post
Scyla Anfingrimm
Lord Borak the Despoiler
Gobbler Grimlich
Grashnak Blackhoof
Lewdgrip Whiparm
Bilerot Vomitflesh
Withergrasp Doubledrool
Max Spleenripper

So idle speculation, I'm guessing at
Hubris
Deeproot
Bomber Dribblesnot
Dolfar Longstride
Hack Enslash
Puggy Baconbreath
Soaren Hightower

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Morg had good reason to be repeated. Note that the cards from the starter box are far inferior to the cards released later, simply due to the entire starter box resources being simplified for new players. That means no reference to anything else than humans and orcs and no reference to any skills other than what the players in the box have, no price or limitations.

The Yak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by The Yak »

Just seen it posted on BOLS that the Chaos Renegade and Underworld Dice sets are being released alongside the Doom Lords stuff!

Nuffle be praised!!!!

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

We already got Bilerot Vomitflesh from DZ1?

The Yak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by The Yak »

You might be confused with Guffle Pusmaw. He was from DZ1. I think Bilerot may be based on the Old chaos player with his belly out. Either way it's great to see new stuff.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

The Yak wrote:You might be confused with Guffle Pusmaw. He was from DZ1. I think Bilerot may be based on the Old chaos player with his belly out. Either way it's great to see new stuff.
You're right, but Bilerot is not new. Plays for Chaos and Nurgle, 180k, 4-5-2-9, Loner, Dirty Player, Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance. Where did he come from?

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

Bilerot is a classic Star who came back for the Bugman's XXXXXX Cup a couple of years ago.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

JT-Y wrote:Bilerot is a classic Star who came back for the Bugman's XXXXXX Cup a couple of years ago.
Right, there were a few star players at that event. Thanks.