warhammer live notes

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: warhammer live notes

Post by lunchmoney »

sokomano wrote:10 star players per race? :?: Is it blood bowl or rugby then?
There should be 11 players on the pitch
What has the number of star players got to do with how many players are on the pitch?

Reason: ''
Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

The only real thing that grinds on me with the boosters is the incomplete element. If they completed out the missing positions I’d be cool with them (the Skaven one does this).

The Human one would be great if it was 2 blitzers, 2 catchers. Likewise if the Orc one was 2 Black Orcs and whatever.

All this does is decrease the likelihood of me buying them and increases the likelihood of me buying someone’s spares on eBay and converting myself.

Just seems like an odd business move. I know the premise is that they’ll make more cash but in reality I’m not convinced someone will buy 2 blister packs for £40 for a repeat model or even a new team for £20. In reality that’s the sort of move that forces people to lean towards 3rd party complete teams.

Missed opportunity to captivate an audience in my mind.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

fromherashes wrote:The only real thing that grinds on me with the boosters is the incomplete element. If they completed out the missing positions I’d be cool with them (the Skaven one does this).

The Human one would be great if it was 2 blitzers, 2 catchers. Likewise if the Orc one was 2 Black Orcs and whatever.

All this does is decrease the likelihood of me buying them and increases the likelihood of me buying someone’s spares on eBay and converting myself.

Just seems like an odd business move. I know the premise is that they’ll make more cash but in reality I’m not convinced someone will buy 2 blister packs for £40 for a repeat model or even a new team for £20. In reality that’s the sort of move that forces people to lean towards 3rd party complete teams.

Missed opportunity to captivate an audience in my mind.
This exactly! How great would it be to just get EVERYTHING in the box, all positions filled out. My honest expectation based on the player cards that came with the starter box was that these cards came in the other team's boxes too. Was disappointed when there were no cards in the Skaven box. A year later they decided to release the Skaven cards. The cards are not a big issue, but specially useful for new players. And the limited positions in the team boxes is only really useful for new players. It's all so random, suddenly we get parts of this team, then we get parts of that, some booster here, incomplete or no booster there.

I'm seriously considering getting 2 of the booster packs at that horrendous price, but doubt anyone else will. The most common perception is that people aren't bothered with duplicate poses so they just trade or get an additional box. Or they convert, but I have yet to see any successful human conversions. Orcs should be easier.

Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

I haven't heard much about it since the first pictures came out. Was anything said about Blitz Bowl?

zamerion
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zamerion »

I hope they teach Gobbler on July 15

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

zamerion wrote:I hope they teach Gobbler on July 15
Teach him what?

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
zamerion
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zamerion »

JT-Y wrote:
zamerion wrote:I hope they teach Gobbler on July 15
Teach him what?
teach him how to eat balls :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I wanted to say show him. I really want the model if it looks a bit like the artwork.