Next team?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

zenga
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Next team?

Post by zenga »

JT-Y wrote:Plastic team, pump wagon in the box, as confirmed on the Warhammer Live preview.
Ah, good, thank you.

I only signed up to receive emails from GW, I see you mentioned Warhammer Community, is this something else that can be signed up to re: notifications or is it a case of checking site periodically?

Reason: ''
Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skitters »

If you are looking purely for Blood Bowl news, then the warhammer community page is not really going to offer you much more than what you will see from BB Facebook groups/here (there are articles but they will generally have be linked to)

...but the site is really good for the wider warhammer range. I don't collect 40k or AOS but I do like seeing some of the models and do like to read snippets of the rule that are published to get a feel for what some of the interesting models do. If you have a passing interest in the lore of 40k (andAOS) then there are often some good pieces on the lore plus some fun articles: i particularly love the regimental standard
articles

obviously there are also wider articles about the wider hobby, so tips for painting or showcases of painted models that could help inspire a theme

Can also currently access a number of twitch videos/podcasts which again is another window into how things were developed or show hobby tips.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

And if you don't do Facebook (like me), you can also get a news fix from Reddit.

Snotlings, who have guessed?! Certainly, not I!

This isn't a Must Buy for me yet, as I like teams that can hold their own. I'll probably have to see the rules on the Fungus guys before I decide if they are fun enough to add to my collection. It's sometimes fun to play the Stunty teams when playing against inexperienced players, as it gives them a bit of an edge. We did that in a recent league with friends.

ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ceetee »

The snotling team does look intriguing. Warhammer community appears to have gone quiet, 2 months after the original announcement. Are there more announcements on the way soon, or has Covid shelved them for the time being?

ct
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

ceetee wrote:The snotling team does look intriguing. Warhammer community appears to have gone quiet, 2 months after the original announcement. Are there more announcements on the way soon, or has Covid shelved them for the time being?
Looks like GW has quite a backlog or releases to get through.

The Snotlings were in preview 3 and we've still not seen all the models from preview 1 on 28th March yet. Fabius is up for pre-order and the Lumineth Realm-lords look to be just around the corner. But we still have other stuff from that and preview 2 to get through (which does at least include a BB treeman) before we get onto the snots.

On top of that 40k 9th edition is out soon and that will be the main priority as GW will make most of their money this year off that.

There are some sweet models in these releases though, I really want those underworlds dark elves as they will make cool conversions.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ceetee »

spubbbba wrote:
ceetee wrote:The snotling team does look intriguing. Warhammer community appears to have gone quiet, 2 months after the original announcement. Are there more announcements on the way soon, or has Covid shelved them for the time being?
Looks like GW has quite a backlog or releases to get through.

The Snotlings were in preview 3 and we've still not seen all the models from preview 1 on 28th March yet. Fabius is up for pre-order and the Lumineth Realm-lords look to be just around the corner. But we still have other stuff from that and preview 2 to get through (which does at least include a BB treeman) before we get onto the snots.

On top of that 40k 9th edition is out soon and that will be the main priority as GW will make most of their money this year off that.

There are some sweet models in these releases though, I really want those underworlds dark elves as they will make cool conversions.
Thanks Spubbbba,
It's nice to know the context. I wasn't aware there was such a huge backlog, although the frequent GW emails about 40K 9th made me think their priorities were elsewhere.
Chris

ct
montanhas18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by montanhas18 »

They announced a lot of stuff while they were closed, and there's no expectation they will roll it out in the same order we saw it so... Snotlings might take a while to show up. That part I'm OK with... but I do wish they gave us an article covering the rules, profiles, etc, while we wait.

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Looks like another ‘race’ announced in today’s Sunday Preview:

“ While we’ve seen Chaos Renegades and Underworld Denizens in previous editions of Blood Bowl, this cracking new team of the ‘good guys’ comprises Human, Dwarf, and Halfling players. This mix makes for a very well-rounded team (and we’re not just talking about the little fellers’ ample bellies) that hits hard and can handle just about anything. Alongside the players, you’ll get team accessories and balls from the Human and Dwarf frames in the kit.

Make sure you order the Old World Alliance Team Card Pack to keep track of the many positions, stats, and special rules during your games.”

There’s also a Gutter Runner in the Underworld Creepers photo.

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
montanhas18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by montanhas18 »

Also a new Spike and a new field and stuff.... https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... -generals/

Jayward
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jayward »

I noticed that they quite specifically didn't call the new boxes 'teams' or anything... nor do they say that the boxes contain all the models you need to play the teams. They're referred to as 'mashup kits'.

I think the Gutter Runner might be there simply because it's on the Skaven sprue, not because it's on the Underworld team... But if that's the case why include it in the picture?

Hmm, guess we'll know more soon

Smooth seas never made a skilled sailor
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Many questions spring to mind, but I'm eager to try out the Old World Alliance team. The OWA/Underworld/Chaos Renegade Spike! is also an interesting development. I'd still love to see Chaos Renegades get their very own Spike!, but this probably makes a lot more sense.

I've never quite gotten a handle on how to use Underworld effectively. But I'm wondering if a single Gutter Runner is worth it at all. It's like an instant target, on a team that can be pretty weak. As least on a Skaven team, if you lose 1 or 2 GRs, you should still have a few to spare. This release does make me really glad I haven't finished painting my UW and Chaos Ren teams yet though!! I had almost fully assembled UW last week, so it won't be hard to make an additional change if needed.

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

But again, no release date or did I miss that?

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

Spike 9, old world alliance card pack, old world alliance team, underworld team are available as pre-order for July 11 release at my local store.

No word on the snotling team.

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

kyrre wrote:... available for as pre-order for July 11 release at my local store.
Thanks!

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
montanhas18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by montanhas18 »