Event ticket extras

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GutRot81
Experienced
Experienced

Event ticket extras

Post by GutRot81 »

so lets see how long this takes to get deleted.

This year i attended an event that included 'free parking'. Recently having not heard anything before, I received a debt collection notice for £160 for unpaid parking at said event.

Having moved house recently previous correspondence were sent to the wrong address the first i heard was this demand.

The TO has been very helpful. the venue however have not. I provided my details as required as i had the previous year but they claim no record.

The TO spoke to the venue and the venue have spoken to the parking administrator (it's their own carpark but they sub out the parking control) the parking controller has agreed as 'a gesture of goodwill' to only charge me £18.

Am i being retarded in thinking i'm being screwed over. and having to pay out for an issue that shouldn't be mine to sort out?

Reason: ''
stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Event ticket extras

Post by stowelly »

You can get template letters online that will get you out of it. My missus keeps messing up with parking and I have to keep appealing them if you need any help? Here is a good place to start though: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php

GutRot81
Experienced
Experienced

Post by GutRot81 »

they are saying as its been so long (as in they sent details to the old address) that its now beyone appealing unless i take it to the county court

stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stowelly »

Hmm post in the forum I linked, they'll be able to give you solid advice!

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

GutRot81 wrote:so lets see how long this takes to get deleted.
Why would it get deleted? Moved out of Upcoming Tournaments, yes, but not deleted.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Having challenged and overturned a parking ticket I also got whilst at a Blood Bowl tournament (though mine was completely my fault), I can assure you that the time you’d have to put in to getting it scrapped is probably worth more than the £18 you’d spend.

I’d just take the hit, personally. If only to save you spending ages in correspondence with an arsehole parking agency.

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.