EUROPEN : What appened in round 3 ?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

ssb

Re: EUROPEN : What appened in round 3 ?

Post by ssb »

I think I know the guy you played against. :)

He has a reputation on his "time handling ways"...
I would "clock" him the moment I play him... ;)

Of course not all french players are gifted with fair play.
I wouldn't vouch that we are cheater free... Of course....
We are as everybody in all respects.

Lucca, is not the Eurobowl.
I specified that our Eurobowl team is selected a certain way, and also watched closely. That may influence the way things are.
At the WC you have everybody coming.

Reason: ''
straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by straume »

Jip wrote:[I get an increasingly uncomfortable sense, brought about by conversations like this, that I need to develop a level of gamesmanship that is a bit unfair or awkward, to give myself an edge in this game.
This kind of conclusion troubles me. Why on earth would you conclude that? As a competitive player and rather slow player I can tell you there is absolutely no need for this. When I came into the NAF tournament scene I was actually surprised how easy going it is.

In a BB-match the most likely argument will be over cocked/not-cocked dice. To avoid this argument you use a dice cup. And you tell your opponent before the match that if you drop a dice you will reroll it in the cup. And if the dice lands on top of each other in the cup you will reroll both (or keep them, whatever, just tell your opponent). If you take 5 seconds saying this in pre-match, and I do for all my games, you will never have an argument over dice.

2nd possible annoyance and more relevant for this thread: You play against someone that is slow (like me!). Pull out your chess clock and divide the remaining time. Of course it would be better if the slow player got the clock (and I did in 3 of my games at EB, the earlier the better!), but it is not always easy to know when you are being slow. Do this as early as you feel annoyed that the opposing player is taking too much time. You have the choice: You can sit there and be annoyed for 2 hours, or you can take 5 seconds to fix the problem using your phone.

EL_Nota
Rookie
Rookie

Post by EL_Nota »

bourpif wrote: Funny Note: the next day I play a Spanish who is rolled 6 for fame, I do 12 (lucky bastard i am) I announced fame +2. he tells me :
- "Oh no it's more than double"
- "sorry my friend, but you are wrong on this point"
- "REFEREEEEEE!"

We go to the table where we find 4 referees, we tell them the situation, they say:
- "it's MORE than double to get fame +2"

I thought I was going to blow-up ... I asked one of the referees to check the rules book and finally I was right.

We finish 4th at 2 individuals points of podium by being double bad beat on the last round but the good thing is that it benefits a for another french team : cocorico mens in blocks!

Without that it was nice.
Not so funny for me, I was that guy... :lol:

The day before, when a situation just the same but with me having doubled my rival, 6 different coaches (even my team-mates) said to me that you have to get more than double (I though double was enough for the +2). Because all people told me that I said "Ok, so just +1 for me". I have not played that much and I trust my veteran friends...

What can we learn from my sad story?? Do not trust anybody, read the f****** manual :pissed:

We finished 5th right after you :orc: By the way, we should someday speak (in private) about that "double bad beat on the last round" that you got against me... not quite what I recall (Although I played my worst BB against you with some stupid, and successful, 5+ that was not needed :lol: ).

For the record, I played Porky on round 4 and he was super nice, no complaints from my part. Focusing on the time issue, and in my case, if I am caught in that situation in Porky's chair, I would have let you throw the hand-off and those gfi because you are talking of a 10 seconds play, maybe 15 seconds play... The 2:15h rule makes sense for me when we reach the established time and we have left many turns with no immediate TD play like that. Although... where is the frontier? How many dice rolls make a play an "immediate TD play"? (kind of questions for myself but open for comment if you share my point of view).

Sorry for my english!