New TT rules inbound?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

RiiTz
Rookie
Rookie

Re: New TT rules inbound?

Post by RiiTz »

Wow, highly interesting rumors o0
I always thought it would make sense for GW to release a new Starter-Set with all the updated rules and two brand new teams – popular ones like wood elves and lizards – so loads of people would buy the box just for the teams. Other would buy to finally have all rules in one place.
Still seems strange, that Cyanide makes "such a big announcement" – that could not have been the plan by GW.
Maybe we will hear something next time Blood Bowl is on WHTV?

Reason: ''
MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

Newest rumour is it's going age of sigmar based. So possibly it's going to be more roster based overhaul. Thus GW and cyanide would align. Rosters in the past have been a sticking point between the 2.
Wouldn't that be unlikely, given they are still releasing teams? If they make significant changes I can imagine it being more affecting the game (not rolling for pick up if not in a takle zone, punishing stalling game, whatever else people whine about). Changing the universe/fluff and making new teams when they are still releasing them seems less plausible to me.

Given nobody has come out to say there are no changes, I would guess that either:

A. They are working on significant changes and this blew up
B. They have sent it through this channel to "feel the waters" and see if the community is open to gameplay changes.

Christy42
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Christy42 »

MacHurto wrote:
Newest rumour is it's going age of sigmar based. So possibly it's going to be more roster based overhaul. Thus GW and cyanide would align. Rosters in the past have been a sticking point between the 2.
Wouldn't that be unlikely, given they are still releasing teams? If they make significant changes I can imagine it being more affecting the game (not rolling for pick up if not in a takle zone, punishing stalling game, whatever else people whine about). Changing the universe/fluff and making new teams when they are still releasing them seems less plausible to me.

Given nobody has come out to say there are no changes, I would guess that either:

A. They are working on significant changes and this blew up
B. They have sent it through this channel to "feel the waters" and see if the community is open to gameplay changes.

If they are testing the waters I hope that they get the message that certain changes will be required and the community will complain about any and all changes :lol: :lol: .

I hope jt-y has the day off. Or at the very least that GW covers therapy for him.
I am sure all the rampant speculation and rumours will be great fun to deal with.

I am still confused by the method of the announcement. So might still be corrected by GW.

zulu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by zulu »

I suspect this is going to turn out to be a non-story. I doubt very much that they are going to change core rules. Also at the rate they are going with teams, there is at least another 3 years to go.

I suspect we will see a consolidation of all the Spikes together with some new optional leagues rules etc. That will probably arrive in 2020 to coincide with BB3. They may repackage it etc etc.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Without the board game existing, Cyanide's game would be long gone....proof of that is the lack of success of the real time version.
Not sure I agree with that. Chaos League was the "version" of Blood Bowl which Cyanide created which led to there being a Blood Bowl in and of itself. While there's no doubt that the Blood Bowl "brand" had a lot to do with the success of the current iterations, given CL was itself not only a decent game but had its own online competitive presence - no small thing for a mid-2000s game. So I don't think the success is down to the Blood Bowl ruleset specifically, more the brand association.
That said, there's no doubt that BB Real Time was awful, but then Blood Bowl is not a RT game. CL's RT (active pause) version was a lot of fun, but it used d100 odds and was far more suited to real-time play.

Interestingly, tweets have been deleted...

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

As Dode pointed out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodbowl/comm ... announced/

Brace yourselves, BB2020 is coming

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

lunchmoney wrote:Is 2020 not just a bit hot on the heals of 2016 which is still releasing rules?
Not for GW games. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Personally, given Cyanide's history in announcements, I take anything they say with a pinch of salt. :lol:

Though given that the tweets been removed, I'm a little more convinced it is true, and GW having given Cyanide a slapping for letting the cat out of the bag. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

I'm just wondering why JT-Y hasn't been in to quash the rumors. Is he:

1) Out of town and not seeing all of this;
2) Unable to deny them, because there is some truth in them somewhere; or,
3) Laughing his arse off while he lets the Blood Bowl community howl itself mad until he feels like stopping them?

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

lunchmoney wrote:Oh good, another edition. And no reason to keep anything mirrored to CRP

Is 2020 not just a bit hot on the heals of 2016 which is still releasing rules?
In GW logic it is not. We have known a few Warhammer Battle and 40K rulesets that were stillpushing out army books and codices (codexies?).
This in combination with the disapointing additions in 2016 (multiple wizards, pitch rules, blades for gutter runners) and the mentionning of NEW rules makes me afraid. VERY afraid.

W

Fighting signature size creep ;)
Christy42
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Christy42 »

Aino wrote:
lunchmoney wrote:Oh good, another edition. And no reason to keep anything mirrored to CRP

Is 2020 not just a bit hot on the heals of 2016 which is still releasing rules?
In GW logic it is not. We have known a few Warhammer Battle and 40K rulesets that were stillpushing out army books and codices (codexies?).
This in combination with the disapointing additions in 2016 (multiple wizards, pitch rules, blades for gutter runners) and the mentionning of NEW rules makes me afraid. VERY afraid.

W

With the exception of the blades I can't see the issue with them.

Leagues can use or not use pitch rules or extra wizards. I have never used them but have little issue in them being there. The pitch rules especially seem like doubly optional and doubt they really saw much use.

Pluisje
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Pluisje »

The French text reads "la nouvelle édition papier qui fera peau neuve en 2020", which I read as a new paper edition with a facelift. In the English version this is translated to "revamped" which sounds like much bigger changes. I think it just a collection of the rules so far, maybe in a new box with different models. On the basis of the French text I'm not getting my torch and pitchfork out (yet :) ).

Christy42
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Christy42 »

Wifflebat wrote:I'm just wondering why JT-Y hasn't been in to quash the rumors. Is he:

1) Out of town and not seeing all of this;
2) Unable to deny them, because there is some truth in them somewhere; or,
3) Laughing his arse off while he lets the Blood Bowl community howl itself mad until he feels like stopping them?

My guess is they are trying to figure out what cyanide meant to say and agree with them what should be pushed forward now. I mean even if what Cyanide said was accurate I doubt they meant to say it given the tweets etc. have been removed.

I imagine GW will have a quick statement on their site and he will simply point to that when he is here. Or at least that is how I would do it if I were GW. There has been one slip up, better make sure people are singing off the same hymn sheet for round 2.

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Wifflebat wrote:I'm just wondering why JT-Y hasn't been in to quash the rumors.
I imagine there's not a barge pole long enough to touch this one with, at the minute! :lol:

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

@wifflebat - at a guess, #2 and/or #3, with a touch of ' I can't say anything even if I wanted to' (no idea on #1 ;) ).