What is the "best" form of Bloodbowl.

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

What is the "Best" form of Bloodbowl?

League Play, I love building a team over a season.
55%
Straight up Tournament, rules closest to "standard" whatever that is!
29%
Crazy Tournament, whacked out star players, insane weather or points for making long bombs. Anything which adds a twist to the rules.
9%
Online Open, the best coaches from all around the world in 1 place (Well okay a few different places, FUMBBL, BB2 Pc......)
No votes
One of games where we can try something different
No votes
I will use my vote to tell you to stop this now!
7%

Total votes: 55

Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

What is the "best" form of Bloodbowl.

Post by Mystic Force »

So as you can see things have been quiet while we wait for Lizards to drop. So I thought it was time to contribute.

So what does best mean anyway? I do not know, that is for each to decide themselves and debate. Is it the most competitive, the most fun, what you mainly do, the one where you stomp all over others and grind them to dust? I am not going to say right here. What is Interesting with Bloodbowl is that the game it most resembles to me is cricket, yes cricket. In that the same basic rules can be adapted to be played in different formats each having their own unique flavor and favoring slightly different skills. From quick evening Twenty20, to one day limited over and 5 day test each having their aficionado.

Anyway over to you, and if you do not like the options, want to qualify an answer or debate whether I am insane add a comment below.

Reason: ''
I am a pro "fun" guy.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: What is the "best" form of Bloodbowl.

Post by Darkson »

None of the above!

My answer would be "I prefer different things at different times".
Sometimes I've prefered league play over anything else, sometimes "regular" BB tournaments, sometimes it's been variants (7s, our own house-brewed leagues [Chaos, pub]). In the distant past it was PBeM (play-by-email) BB, because it was the only form of BB I could play regularly!

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Khail
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Khail »

League play is what gets my blood pumping for Blood Bowl, and what brings me back to it time after time.

Commissioner of the Cascadia Blood Blowl League
Bellingham, WA USA
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

League play, as it's the form least affected by TV match making and more on team form (particularly if the league is big enough for promotions/demotions). The downside of league is the dedication needed to complete seasons; particularly if it's not going well.

Wyzard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wyzard »

Why choose? They are all best in different ways.

Season - grind it out and watch your team grown and conquer - or die trying in a heap of failed GFIs and armour breaks.
Variants - try something wild. 7s is fun way to play. What do you mean I don't have a RR??
Tourney - try a new team. Meet with friends and maybe have a beer or '2'. Break out the 'flings.

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
Salvor Hardin, First Mayor of Terminus

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I chose the form where I get to sit across the table (inc digital table) from a friend (even a friend I've never met before) and enjoy a couple of hours with them.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

lunchmoney wrote:I chose the form where I get to sit across the table (inc digital table) from a friend (even a friend I've never met before) and enjoy a couple of hours with them.
Or 45 minutes, at least.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler