New Edition rumors seem to be true

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: New Edition rumors seem to be true

Post by Darkson »

Cheers LM.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Really am looking forward to the new edition!

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

So there are 21 teams in this edition. They are only missing 5 teams from the pervious editions; Amazon, Norse, High Elf, Chaos Dwarf, and Khemri. I'm wondering if these teams will make it in later (in a "Deathzone" like expansion), or if they have been (permanently) axed. Anyone have any insight or actual knowledge of the fate or these teams? They are releasing the last team from the rulebook (Necro) at the same time as the new boxed set, giving us access to all the teams in the rulebook, so it's possible we may not see the missing teams at all in the future (just speculation on my part).
Discuss if you wish.

GO STAMPEDERS!
ManticoreRich
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ManticoreRich »

I would imagine a 'Teams of Legend' PDF will be available...

Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skitters »

In some of the previous warhammer twitch shows at previous team releases they have intimated that the 26 teams will be released. I would be surprised if a PDF is not released at or shortly after the box release with holding stats

I think it was the Ogre one where they acknowledged that Chaos Dwarves and Amazon in particular are regularly called for...so I can't see that they would not release them. As much as many people are sceptical of GW I also dont think they would have released the Chaos Dwarf made to order last Christmas if they were planning to ditch them.

For Khemri and High Elves (and possibly Amazon) I'm wondering now whether they were purposefully set for after the new release so that they can try something interesting with their rosters by taking advantage of the Passing stat.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

£85 RRP for the box. Not bad considering the contents.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

So my Khemri, Khorne and Vampire teams don't get to play now?

Man, I've been playing Vampires since all we had were the Jervis Newsletter rules.

And while I'm not upset about making passing a separate skill, I was hoping that it would mean that teams could be good at passing without necessarily being great at dodging around (leading to a playstyle that isn't possible under the current rules). But if the effect is just to nerf passing, that doesn't seem like a good idea.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

GW haven't release models for the missing teams in years so they might hold off on a pdf, especially if they are wanting to change up the rosters. They wouldn't want 3rd party companies coming in and nabbing sales in the time it takes them to bring out all those teams.

I could certainly see there being a Deathzone/2nd season release with Khemri, Norse, Amazons, Vampires and High Elves along with a brand new team. Slann look to be gone for good and no idea if Khorne will ever be official as they didn't even make it BB2.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

lunchmoney wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:09 pm £85 RRP for the box. Not bad considering the contents.
Certainly a better price than I was expecting. I do like the new models but I have so many not sure I will ever use them. Will order something next week though even if it is just the rule book.

I expect there will be a Legends PDF but when those teams come out they will get a make over. Slann are dead, and probably Khorne too. Which suits me as I did not like the Frenzy team.

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Damn! Forgot about Vampires, duh! I'm wondering if we really need a Khemri team since the Shambling Undead already uses skeletons and mummies. If they bring out Amazons and Norse, hopefully they will go away from the cookie cutter approach that was originally used and give us 2 unique rosters. I personally don't think High Elves are needed, they were just a WH race done up as a BB team, wouldn't be sad if they aren't brought back. If they bring back CDs, I hope they give them a complete make-over, really hated the big hatted, Babylonian bearded look. I've like the look of most of the teams they have re-released so far, a more sporty, less WHFB feel to them (except for the Imperial Nobles), so I hope that any subsequent release of the missing teams will have a similar feel to them as well.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

lunchmoney wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:09 pm £85 RRP for the box. Not bad considering the contents.
The contents... and the price increases the range suffered since 2016. It was 65 pounds for the basic box.

In euros it launched at 85 (currently appears, out of stock, for 90 in one GW shop). And the rumor I heard is 105 euros for 2020 version. Teams now are 34 (launched at 25), troll is 23, ogre 18, totalling 109. Oops, new list says ogre is 21, so 112. In pounds 26, 18, 15, so £85, or more if ogre also changed. Then add two stars and two referees. Oh, and the rules are hardback and complete now, no day zero Death Zone 1 (20 euros at launch, 15 in pounds IIRC, that means it was 105 euros, £80 "all paper included" in 2016). GW trying to keep the first dose attractive?

From same source, rulebook seems to go for 40 euros, plastic treeman 23, ogre 21 (up from 18), general and team cards 21 each pack, Spike #11 for 12, team dice 12, team pitch 37.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Colin wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:07 pm If they bring back CDs, I hope they give them a complete make-over, really hated the big hatted, Babylonian bearded look.
Testify brother!

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

Well, it is a shame that they're not grandfathering in the old teams this time.

I haven't read through the new rulebook. What little I did look, it seemed like there's just a separation of Pass and Ag.

Do we expect the game to play very similar to the Blood Bowl we know and love, or are there some more substantial changes?

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Darkson wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:53 pm
Colin wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:07 pm If they bring back CDs, I hope they give them a complete make-over, really hated the big hatted, Babylonian bearded look.
Testify brother!
AND....BOAR centaurs (not those silly bull centaurs)!!! :wink:

GO STAMPEDERS!
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

odinsgrandson wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:56 pm Well, it is a shame that they're not grandfathering in the old teams this time.
It has not been stated either way about a Team of Legends style pdf to support older teams.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95