New Edition rumors seem to be true

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: New Edition rumors seem to be true

Post by lunchmoney »

odinsgrandson wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:56 pm ...are there some more substantial changes?
The way SPPs are spent has changed a lot and all the skills categories now have the same number of skills.
Several old skills have been merged.
Some skills now have a number with them, EG Mighty Blow (+1). Giving room for bigger numbers in the future.

Reason: ''
Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

odinsgrandson wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:56 pm Do we expect the game to play very similar to the Blood Bowl we know and love, or are there some more substantial changes?
Very much the same on pitch. Most players efficiently got a -2 to passing and a few teams got a shake up of the roster. Improved Kick Off table, some better inducements. A random Prayers table and very clear clarification that you can top up your inducement money with Treasury. If the Overdog spends Treasury underdog does not get more cash but free rolls on the Prayers table.

As Lunchmoney stated the bigger differences are for Leagues and skill progression. The BB2016 redraft rules are back and they have added an optional hard limit of 1300 TV for returning teams. It seems the design intent is low TV Blood Bowl.

Rules should work well for casual players and small Leagues. If you like long term building of a team over 100 games to get them to 2200+ TV they you will not be impressed.

Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jembo17 »

Quite looking forward to this release. Hope that Norse are in the pipeline to be released soon...

Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skitters »

ooh - based on the Bonehead unboxing video the new models do not appear to be push fit.

I'd also not appreciated that there are going to be alternate bits to add some variety.....so think it will be relatively simple to use the bits on the remaining Scarcrag Snivellers I've got to get another 3-4 goblins

Not sure it will be as easy to convert up four more Imperial Retainers though

Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jembo17 »

3rd party manufacturers seem to quite good at bringing out alternatives. I'd wager that they're on with designs as we speak.

montanhas18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by montanhas18 »

There's a new PDF for the Legends team:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp- ... WvxPj1.pdf

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

Oh- the Teams of Legend looks like a really welcome addition.

It looks to me like Vampires will remain a very strong passing team. There is no way that Animal Savagery is as bad as the previous Out for a Bite and Blood Lust abilities.

I wonder how I feel about that. I mean, I've played Vamps for a long while, and I find that they are more than competitive so long as you show some restraint when you make your team list. With Animal Savagery, I'll probably be able to play a few more Vampires on the pitch without eating through all of my Thralls.

But maybe this isn't a complete buff, since animal savagery can't be mitigated by putting a thrall in the right spot.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

odinsgrandson wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:15 pm It looks to me like Vampires will remain a very strong passing team. There is no way that Animal Savagery is as bad as the previous Out for a Bite and Blood Lust abilities.
Really? They have a 50% chance to wack an adjacent team member or do nothing every time they do something that is not a block/blitz. Quick maths gives a 19.4% chance of injuring a Thrall, who has to be standing, vs the old 16.6% that could also bite stunned players. Sure they can now chomp on other Vampires and at least they do not get removed from the pitch if they fail. Not sure I would call this overall better.

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

It has been a while since I played a Wild Animal- so you're right, this is going to be very bad for the Vampires' game. But it does seem that they don't drop the ball at least.

Now that I'm looking over the Animal Savagery rules, it seems the vampires have a greater chance of screwing things up than they used to.

All of the incarnations of Vampires to date have tried to make them a low powered screwball team, but each of them has (mistakenly?) made them competitive -from the Jervis newsletter Vampires to the 2016 ones. I'm kind of excited to try out these new vamps and see if they're actually underpowered now.

It certainly changes the tactics from putting a Thrall where you want your vamp to end up into putting a thrall next to your vamp before you activate him.

I'm thinking that I'll need to keep playing the team with a big bundle of re-rolls.

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

I like that the reams now have the tiers written right there on the roster, along with some relevant team rules, and the leagues (which seem to just be key words- I'm guessing they'll trigger some stadium effects or something).

I can't figure out why the High Elves are listed as a Tier 2 team. That has got to be a typo, right?

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

odinsgrandson wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:02 pm I like that the reams now have the tiers written right there on the roster, along with some relevant team rules, and the leagues (which seem to just be key words- I'm guessing they'll trigger some stadium effects or something).
The special rule says which Star Players you can hire.
odinsgrandson wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:02 pm I can't figure out why the High Elves are listed as a Tier 2 team. That has got to be a typo, right?
Pro Elves are Tier 2 and I think High elves are worse now even with the extra pip of Armour. Both the Catchers and Blitzers are one worse at passing. Thrower now has two weak skills. Safe Throw is no longer very safe! It now only cancels a natural 1 rather than a modified 1. Cloud Burster is the other half of old Safe Throw and now makes opponent re-roll rather than the Thrower making the dice roll (which you could your team re-roll on).

naramarth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by naramarth »

Meradanis wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:06 pm https://m.imgur.com/a/X95RNmk

Some massive rule changes in there. Passing and Agity back to 2 separate traits. New skills. New kick-off table.

If this releases parallel with BB3, the NAF will be hardpressed to adapt.
Maybe it's finally time for the NAF to support classic LRB/BB2016 style tournaments AND the new edition?
Thanks for the link but it seems it does not work anymore :(.

I just preordered the game today, but it will take at least 2 more weeks to finally have it in my own hands.

I would really appreciate if anyone could share a link with the leaked pictures. I managed to get the ones about the rosters but I would like to read the entire handbook, specially the inducement section in order to know if I should also preorder the new deck of cards available.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

naramarth wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:41 am
I would really appreciate if anyone could share a link with the leaked pictures

lunchmoney wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:16 pm
It's not a list of the changes, but here are all the leaked pages in one PDF. Which I will remove if anyone complains.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
naramarth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by naramarth »

lunchmoney wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:55 am
naramarth wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:41 am
I would really appreciate if anyone could share a link with the leaked pictures

lunchmoney wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:16 pm
It's not a list of the changes, but here are all the leaked pages in one PDF. Which I will remove if anyone complains.
Uoo, I did not see that. Thank you so much! :)

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Just got my copy of the Second Season Edition of BB and I have to say, I'm very impressed, especially with the quality. Everything in the box (and including the box) is very high quality. Even though it is the most expensive edition (so far), I totally believe I got my money's worth. From what I've read so far, I like the changes and new additions to the game and I can't wait to try it out (though it may be a bit difficult to find someone to play against). Picked up the Necro team box and team dice as well. Ordered the custom pitch for the team, but it didn't come in. Not sure if that means I won't be able to get it, or that it's just delayed. Anyway, I was really excited to pick up my order from the game store and wasn't disappointed at all when I got it home and examined it all. Very satisfied with the purchase.
Not trying to sound like a shill for GW, just compared to the quality of past editions, they really knocked this one out of the park (IMO). :D

GO STAMPEDERS!