New Edition rumors seem to be true

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Re: New Edition rumors seem to be true

Post by TopsyKretts »

kyrre wrote: I suspect that there are a few skills that mostly exist to make every category have 12 options for d2+d6 random.
Yup, some skills were even merged for this purpose.

Reason: ''
kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

TopsyKretts wrote: Another question, Swoop seems to have changed from scattering (using Throw in template) each square to now being D3 squares in a single direction (also with the Throw-in template). Is this correct?
I see no other way of reading that trait. Fewer dice rolls and a tiny bit less useful when the swooper does not carry the ball.
TopsyKretts wrote: 3) Some skills specify that being applicable even if Prone (Take Root),
Up until now. (I think), I have not rolled for take root when prone. Reading BB2016 Death zone 1 I can see that that was a mistake, and take root has not really changed in this regard. Live and learn.

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

kyrre wrote: I see no other way of reading that trait. Fewer dice rolls and a tiny bit less useful when the swooper does not carry the ball.
Thanks! Just wanted a second opinion to see if I understood correctly.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

TopsyKretts wrote:
kyrre wrote: I suspect that there are a few skills that mostly exist to make every category have 12 options for d2+d6 random.
Why no d12? Makes so much more sense! Waaaah!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
ulvardar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ulvardar »

sann0638 wrote:
TopsyKretts wrote:
Why no d12? Makes so much more sense! Waaaah!
Does GW sell d12 dices? Lol

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

That comes later so they can re-release all the dice sets.

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

re: the Swoop skill, along with the change to D3 it also appears that the +1 landing modifier is gone as well :(

Not sure that it needed both changes as neither hardly overpowered the Doom Diver.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

ulvardar wrote:
sann0638 wrote:Why no d12? Makes so much more sense! Waaaah!
Does GW sell d12 dices? Lol
Itchen Masack wrote:That comes later so they can re-release all the dice sets.
Joking aside, d2 and d6 (coin and dice) or d6 and d6 come in the box, so no extra expense, adding a d12 would be.
And then they'd have to add a bit about how to read a d12, because they always assume players are new to gaming in general.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

If there were any doubts, the inconsistency I reported in skills section is minor, but caused some confusion (for me at least).

In particular, the inconsistencies can be described as this:

"Skill A applies during X (including Y)..."
"Skill B applies during X..."

Both skill A and B applies during X (including Y). A = Tackle, B = Frenzy, X = Block, Y = Blitz. I believe this is an inconsistency (however minor)? If someone is working with documentation, hopefully it should be clear this time. Let me know if otherwise.

montanhas18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by montanhas18 »

TopsyKretts wrote:If there were any doubts, the inconsistency I reported in skills section is minor, but caused some confusion (for me at least).

In particular, the inconsistencies can be described as this:

"Skill A applies during X (including Y)..."
"Skill B applies during X..."

Both skill A and B applies during X (including Y). A = Tackle, B = Frenzy, X = Block, Y = Blitz. I believe this is an inconsistency (however minor)? If someone is working with documentation, hopefully it should be clear this time. Let me know if otherwise.
I work in documentation and I understand what you mean. I don't consider it an inconsistency. Those parenthesis offer extra clarification, that is not essential but is useful, and adding them to Tackle or removing them from Frenzy results in exactly the same rule and functionality.

I do agree with you that it would be better to have the parenthesis in all rules (although I wonder how many times "Block action" is present in the rulebook, but I hope we can agree to disagree on if it's an inconsistency. The functionality is exactly the same.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

So for someone that hasn't kept up to date on the chat, doesn't use the Facebook BB group and isn't a NAF member, is there anywhere that lists the changes (announced or guessed)? Had a few locals asking about the game, as they've all assumed I'd be all over it.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

Darkson wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:18 pm So for someone that hasn't kept up to date on the chat, doesn't use the Facebook BB group and isn't a NAF member, is there anywhere that lists the changes (announced or guessed)? Had a few locals asking about the game, as they've all assumed I'd be all over it.
FUMBBL Topic?
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphp ... sc&start=0

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Darkson wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:18 pm So for someone that hasn't kept up to date on the chat, doesn't use the Facebook BB group and isn't a NAF member, is there anywhere that lists the changes (announced or guessed)? Had a few locals asking about the game, as they've all assumed I'd be all over it.
It's not a list of the changes, but here are all the leaked pages in [link gone] one PDF. Which I will remove if anyone complains. (<-- that happened.)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

lunchmoney wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:16 pm It's not a list of the changes, but here are all the leaked pages in one PDF. Which I will remove if anyone complains.
Thank you had not seen that. Overall I like the changes although a little concerned I cannot see "At the start of the second half, the kicking team is the one that did not kick off at the start of the first half." anywhere. EDIT: found it!

Passing changes look good. A needed nerf to those Elf team that do everything on 2+ without effecting the ability to dodge.

5k player values are somewhat annoying as there is nothing else to buy with that 5k. I had expected to see sideline staff at a reduced value. Talking of them doubt I will ever have cheerleaders again given they only get you rolls on the Prayer table.

All the super random events in Kick off have been reduced to be d3+3 based which is good; downside is the new random Prayer table. Sweltering Heat is also now D3 players which is bad for Stunty team who end many drives with only Big Guys on the pitch.

Some of the team roster changes seem very arbitrary. My standard Necro build is now down to 3 players that can handle the ball and they are also the only ones that can pass! Orcs get Animosity! Yuck another team I will not be playing. Skaven and Undead are still decent and I love the new Chaos roster that has access to something that is not a Minotaur. Tentacles and Block on an Ogre anyone?

I like the removal of Double skills and just make them secondary. No more rolling in hope to get Block on my Goblin Trolls or Mummy. Just accumulate a few extra SPP. I am not as fond of random skills being cheaper that picked skilled. I know I will be taking lots of random skills on Linemen. Cheaper on TV and easier to get from costing less SPP. If you get bad skills the player will be dumped at redraft anyway and if they get good skills I get to keep them for a cheap price. General access has a lot of good access for linemen - Tackle, Block, Wrestle, Kick, Dirty Player, Fend, Pro. Having the change to get two of them for the Team value of one of them seems worth it.

You can also accumulate 17 SPP on a player without spending any of it, more if they have leveled up. That allows you to also have cheap players at redraft and BOOM! after the first game of next season they are an Emerging Star with 3 skills and only +30k to value.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Passing has been nerfed for everyone. Only throwers are as good as before or a bit better, everyone else is worse or direct fumble. Also wildy inacurate means that when modifiers are -1 to -4 (based in table I just saw) the result will be like a fumble with distance D6. If you are lucky, someone will catch it (remember to place all you players forming a start around the thrower :P ), otherwise turnover. Instead of 1/6 turn overs on the first roll, ~1/3 in many cases.

People used throwing as last resort, because it involved many dice rolls. Now the odds are even worse, so it will be last-last resort.