Player / Club Locator - A suggestion

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Onyersix
Experienced
Experienced

Player / Club Locator - A suggestion

Post by Onyersix »

Hi all,

I am hoping in 2021 to relocate to the other side of the country, and started thinking about what I would do to get my fix of Blood Bowl when I find myself in a strange part of the country.

It got me thinking. I used to play another miniature-based tabletop game which had store / regional / national championships, and one of the community had put together a custom Google map for players to add their own locations to, as well as their FLGS and clubs to allow new prospective players a chance to find someone fairly local to participate in a bit of plastic warfare.

Now, I know some people might be sensitive about putting their details on a public map, but I had a go at starting one. I have set it to be accessed by anyone with the link https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing so it is not fully public, and you can see I even managed to put custom flags on for players and retailers.

If the community embrace this idea, it might help bring some people together (not every uses Facebook) and would help people like me find somewhere to play some games once we are allowed to start meeting up again.

Equally, if you think this is a silly idea, the mods should feel free to lock the thread and close it down. It was just an idea.

Happy for feedback either way.

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Player / Club Locator - A suggestion

Post by sann0638 »

Hey,
you're leaving us? Sob.

The exists in a couple of places - the NAF members location finder, and the similar league one. Most people find their people on Facebook, but I know you're not a fan. It's also been tried I think with a generic gamers thing, where you could add yourself and the games you play.

That all said, give it a go, might take off!

Cheers,
Mike

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler