Can I get a pdf of the book?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mori-mori
Experienced
Experienced

Can I get a pdf of the book?

Post by Mori-mori »

Hi.

Hope a request like that won't violate any forum's rules - but has the latest rulebook (BB2020 2nd season) been already scanned, and where can I get the pdf?

I understand some ppl may find sharing it unethical, but I don't play tabletop (waiting for the Cyanide's coming BB3 game, which is expected to be based on the newest ruleset), and paying 150$ for the full tabletop version of the game is sort of overkill for me, when all I need is the rulebook. I just would like to study the new rules while I'm waiting for the digital version of the game.

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: BB2020 Queries

Post by lunchmoney »

Mori-mori wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:50 pm Hi.

Hope a request like that won't violate any forum's rules - but has the latest rulebook (BB2020 2nd season) been already scanned, and where can I get the pdf?
Look for the leaked version from around August, but anyone posts a copy of the actual rulebook will probably get said post deleted.
Mori-mori wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:50 pm .... paying 150$ for the full tabletop version of the game is sort of overkill for me, when all I need is the rulebook.
Then just buy the rulebook; it's for sale separately. Look in your local game shop or gw direct.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Can I get a pdf of the book?

Post by lunchmoney »

Also, I've split from the thread you posted in as your query is not a rules question, and moved your post to General.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Mori-mori
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mori-mori »

lunchmoney wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:03 am Look for the leaked version from around August, but anyone posts a copy of the actual rulebook will probably get said post deleted.
I have it (though it starts from around a page 20), just thought there may be a more recent and a more "neat" digital pdf version as of now..
lunchmoney wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:03 am Then just buy the rulebook; it's for sale separately. Look in your local game shop or gw direct.
We don't have their shop in our country.. And it costs 30-50$ on their site, that's about as much as I'll pay for the digital version of the game next year, just to read the rules in advance.. A bit too much overpay, for me.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Mori-mori wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:49 am
We don't have their shop in our country.. And it costs 30-50$ on their site, that's about as much as I'll pay for the digital version of the game next year, just to read the rules in advance..
You can get the pdf/e-pub from gw direct. As it's a digital download I doubt the country matters too much, but something for you to check yourself.
Mori-mori wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:49 am A bit too much overpay, for me.
Well, piracy is free to you and you already have it. You want a better copy? Get it legally.
https://www.games-workshop.com/Blood-Bo ... 2020#share

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

Note sure this book and the consequences it brings is worth the money really. Not exactly stellar quality either. The expiration date for GW books are a bit milk-like. Would suggest getting it for free instead.

Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jembo17 »

Mori-mori wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:49 am
lunchmoney wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:03 am Look for the leaked version from around August, but anyone posts a copy of the actual rulebook will probably get said post deleted.
I have it (though it starts from around a page 20), just thought there may be a more recent and a more "neat" digital pdf version as of now..
lunchmoney wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:03 am Then just buy the rulebook; it's for sale separately. Look in your local game shop or gw direct.
We don't have their shop in our country.. And it costs 30-50$ on their site, that's about as much as I'll pay for the digital version of the game next year, just to read the rules in advance.. A bit too much overpay, for me.
Unless i'm reading it wrong, but this just seems to be a case of, "I don't want to pay the cost of the book as it isn't worth that much to me. Can someone who HAS paid the cost of the book send it to me for free"?.

As already mentioned, buy digital if you have concerns about shipping. Or not at all, if you don't think something is worth the cost given to it you aren't obliged to buy it. Welcome to capitalism.

Mori-mori
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mori-mori »

Jembo17 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:01 pm Unless i'm reading it wrong, but this just seems to be a case of, "I don't want to pay the cost of the book as it isn't worth that much to me. Can someone who HAS paid the cost of the book send it to me for free"?.

As already mentioned, buy digital if you have concerns about shipping. Or not at all, if you don't think something is worth the cost given to it you aren't obliged to buy it. Welcome to capitalism.
Yep, that's it. Or, more exactly, "if somebody have an illegal copy of such rulebook they got somewhere and don't care much about all that ethic crap revolving around copyrights laws, pls share it". If you don't think you can help with the request, you're not obliged to answer. Welcome to internets.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Mori-mori wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:52 am
Or, more exactly, "if somebody have an illegal copy of such rulebook they got somewhere and don't care much about all that ethic crap revolving around copyrights laws, pls share it". If you don't think you can help with the request, you're not obliged to answer.
And as mentioned already if you or anyone else posts a link to pirated copy of the full rule book it will just be deleted immediately.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

lunchmoney wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:01 pm And as mentioned already if you or anyone else posts a link to pirated copy of the full rule book it will just be deleted immediately.
Which seems a bit of a turn around to your post in October? You are find with giving everyone access to the book before it was published but not after? Not that it really matters with the number of YouTube videos showing the book if you want to read it for free you can just screen shot those and make your own PDF.

I used them to get the stats for the Necromantic stars.
lunchmoney wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:16 pm It's not a list of the changes, but here are all the leaked pages in [lin removed] Which I will remove if anyone complains.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Lyracian wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:59 pm
Which seems a bit of a turn around to your post in October?

lunchmoney wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:16 pm It's not a list of the changes, but here are all the leaked pages in [lin removed] Which I will remove if anyone complains.

Correct. Guess what happened?

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

Well I assume someone told you off? I just find the difference in attitude amusing.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

That and people are allowed to change their minds, yes?

I also feel there is a difference between sharing a leak from GW (even though I'm not anymore) and piracy of a legit bought pdf/e-pub book.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

You are certainly allowed to change your mind. As for the second point personally I do not see any difference between sharing the two but then I am not sharing either but was very happy to read what you did post.

If it does make a difference I have purchased the box set and the rule book is on the shelf next to me.

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

If it makes a difference, I bought a ton of books, cards, pitches and magazines for the previous edition, and now I'm not.