What your Blood Bowl team says about you

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

What your Blood Bowl team says about you

Post by rolo »

Like it or not, people will make certain assumptions about you based purely on which of the many teams you choose to play. It's not always fair or accurate, but behind many stereotypes is a grain of truth, so who knows?

This is intended both for entertainment, and as a public service, helping coaches as they're choosing their teams. It might be important to know which specific kind of degenerate deviant people will assume that you are beyond the general 'Blood Bowl Player'.

I'm not calling out specific coaches here, but if the shoe fits ...

Dwarf Coaches
What people think of you:
You're a coward and a bully; you don't mind losing games but you can't stand the thought of your team getting beat up while that's happening. As long as your opponent is having a miserable time, you feel like you must be doing okay. And boy are you good at making others miserable.

What you'd be doing if you weren't playing Blood Bowl:
Stealing lunch money from school children.

Human Coaches
You're probably a boring person and definitely have the imagination of a brick wall. Humans come in the box, so why try anything else? In a game with dozens of choices from epic fantasy to necrotic horror, you chose the most generic team with the least fantasy wonder.

Replying to posts on internet forums to crrect spelling mistakes.

Chaos Coaches
You're loud and 'boisterous', screaming war cries as you roll your dice and breaking tables with your dice cup. You think you're adding an element of 'atmosphere' to your games and tournaments, but really you're just an irritating @$$hole. You wear black concert T-shirts to every occasion.

Mosh pit, sports hooligan, or any other setting where getting drunk and starting fights is socially acceptable or at least tolerated.

Halfling Coaches
You suck at Blood Bowl, and what better way to disguise that than playing the worst team in the game? You're not fooling anyone, but at least losing badly with the 'flings isn't as embarrassing as when people think you're trying.

Waiting in traffic behind a parked car.

Wood Elf Coaches
You're an irritating, entitled prick who thinks that the game exists for your benefit and other coaches exist only to praise your coaching skills. You genuinely have no idea why everyone else despises you and your team, if you even notice. You could solve this by just not acting like an utter sh*thead for thirty seconds. But if you were that kind of person, you wouldn't be playing Woodies in the first place.

"Influencer"

Norse Coaches
You're not an alcoholic - you're a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings. You chose the most idiot-proof team in the game for one reason - so that you can drink yourself silly before breakfast without impacting your on-field performance. Just roll block dice and drink.

No big change, just start drinking at 9 in the morning without even the excuse of a board game. Who are we kidding, you're probably drunk right now.

Dark Elf Coaches
You're as annoying as the Wood Elf coaches, but with a mean streak. It's not enough to win games, you have to twist a few arms while you're at it. You're the reason why people quit Blood Bowl.

Writing smarmy posts on TFF about how you're better than other coaches and ... ... oh. I see.
Sorry everyone.

Plenty more races, what does everyone else think? :orc:

Reason: ''
"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Re: What your Blood Bowl team says about you

Post by dreamscreator »

Goblin Coaches
You like to cheat and at the drop of a hat you will move miniatures around unnoticed or use trick dice. You don't care what happens to the ball, you just want to make injuries with secret weapons and fouls.

Scamming tourists with trick dice and stealing beers from the supermarket.

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

rolo wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:27 pm
There's gotta be a better way to phrase this ;)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

lunchmoney wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:25 pm
rolo wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:27 pm
There's gotta be a better way to phrase this ;)
Stealing children from Lunchmoney?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

If you want to take him for a weekend I might be totally fine with that :lol:

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
rolo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by rolo »

would you trust your kids with a Dwarf Coach???

Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jembo17 »

What a hilarious thread. Great stuff.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by rolo »

Continuing this very important topic ...

Skaven Coaches
You're nearly as irritating and entitled as the Wood Elf coaches, you're as sadistic as the Dark Elf coaches, and let's face it, you're probably also a furry. What, you think we didn't know? You're disgusting, and deep down you surely must know it.

Looking for a house that's more than half a mile away from the nearest school

Chaos Dwarf Coaches
You didn't want to deal with the stigma associated with playing Dwarves (see above), but you also don't know how to actually win games when your players don't start with all of the best skills and high armor. Well congratulations. You're just as uncool and now you're playing a team that hasn't had new models since the Clinton Administration. You're like a wannabe hipster who feels superior to Nickelback fans because you listen to Maroon 5.

Walking around with an oversized hat, irritated that nobody's noticed or asked you about it.

Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

My contribution to this important topic...

High Elf Coaches
You are are the coach who thinks that the game plays like the fluff says, trying to play it the way the game is "supposed" to be played and then complaining when it doesn't work out. Not able to tell reality from a game. Not even hipster enough to play elven Union. These coaches are not retro, just old.

Writing down the numbers on passing locomotives, identifying roads that are in the wrong place based on their number or pointing out bylaw/ordinance infractions at council meetings.

I am a pro "fun" guy.