BB2020 - What are enjoying?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

BB2020 - What are enjoying?

Post by Lyracian »

Salutations Folks,

I am stuck at home recovering from COVID so thought it was time for another topic! With a few more people getting out and and about and FUMBBL having a partial BB2020 rules set I thought I would see what people think of it so far? Our tabletop league is into round three we have a mix of teams and some lucky (and unlucky) random skill picks.

That extra square of movement on the Orc team has been very helpful.

Also got a draw with Elves because I could not throw the ball well. Which I think makes them more balanced.

Seen a few wacky throws where the ball goes wild; as well as a couple of 6+ passes that worked to win games.

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: BB2020 - What are enjoying?

Post by lunchmoney »

I've been playing on TableTop Simulator (which had the rules instantly ;) ) and a TT league, and a couple of tourneys now. I've been enjoying the changes mostly.
There's a few skills which I think are bollocks and just there to make the total in each category up to 12 (Defensive I'm looking at you) and there's a few skills which were crap already and got nerfed into the ground (Shadowing...), but overall I like the skills. And the option to take a random for reduced SPP and TV cost is nice - I've been rando'ing my linemen for much funs.

Passing also appeared to get nerfed, but I've not seen, or done enough, to test the idea yet.

The proliferation of teams is good! The Star Players with their special skills and reduced cost is good (expect maybe Hackflem, far too cheap).

Overall I really like the new edition.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

lunchmoney wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:32 am
Overall I really like the new edition.
That is my thought overall I like it. There are place that could be improved.
lunchmoney wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:32 am There's a few skills which I think are bollocks and just there to make the total in each category up to 12 (Defensive I'm looking at you) and there's a few skills which were crap already and got nerfed into the ground (Shadowing...), but overall I like the skills. And the option to take a random for reduced SPP
Not had a chance to try Defensive yet. I want to put it on an Undead team but as usual there are far too many other skills to get first. Passing skills seem fairly awful this edition.

Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

After a couple of tournaments, and bear in mind I am not that good, people are not passing unless they absolutely have too. Not because of its relative effectiveness but more because they don't know how it works and do not want to have to pull out the book to figure it out in a time crunched environment.

Secondly stars everywhere this edition will be known as StarBowl or something similar (anyone else remember HeroHammer?) I like to see the diversity in teams, but the rosters of some of the best teams look very similar, cheap linemen plus 2 expensive stars. Normally Griff + Morg or Hakflem + Morg depending if good or evil.

Mostly people play the game the same, even if parts of it have changed most people are still going with the familiar. The biggest change I have seen in how a game works out, is that the multiple rerolls in a turn make big plays come off more often, like an end of half play to do something risky to score. Judging what to eat and what to slide in early turns got more important.

One thing that everyone else seemed to miss in the new version was that with a target roll used in profiles things like hypnogaze got better as it went from a 2/3 chance to a 5/6 on an "Ag4" player.

Mostly just glad to be playing again!

Edit Re defensive

Put it on an Ogre with Guard in chaos chosen team because I could not give him block, thinking hard to take down would be useful. but having two skills needing TZ proved to be a poor choice for a BH player. The problem with any of the counter skills is they are only useful if the other side has that skill, whereas you can always use guard. Under the circumstances Brawler would have been a better choice. I blame Twelfman for telling me it was good on ABAO and abdicating responsibility for my poor use of said skill.

I am a pro "fun" guy.
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Projectile Vomit!

Just finished my first season with Black Orcs and it’s fun, but safe!

Once my Trained Troll had Guard, he didn’t really need any more SPPs. Sure, Brawler would have been handy, but I think Guard is plenty to have a decent enough roadblock.

I used it essentially as a free foul every turn, with literally no likely downside, as the worst that was probably to happen was he went Really Stupid (which I could cover for), or puked on himself (which was usually fine due to AV10+.

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

I like the affordable stars and custom Mercs via Deathzone. I feel like being an underdog is no longer the uphill climb it once was. League's having the roster reset to 1300 is really nice as well. A brand new team is much less likely to get murderized.

I like the wackiness becoming part of the game again. For awhile it felt like Blood Bowl was taking itself a little too seriously. It's a bit of a learning curve with a few skill no longer being the same. Some, like Str 3 break tackle, I really like. Others, like splitting the passing skills I'm not a fan of. Overall though, I'm glad to see the game supported and produced in an official capacity.

Plus we have so many stunty options now!