Khorne Team becomes Official!

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Khorne Team becomes Official!

Post by EastCoast »

Reason: ''
EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Khorne Team becomes Official!

Post by EastCoast »

Roster Breakdown from Warhammer Community

Linemen

Looks like the "Pitfighters" lose 1 armor from the current digital team, they also get a 10K price drop.

Khorngors

The "Bloodletter Daemons" would be the equivalent on the digital team. These guys clock in at 10K cheaper and have 1 additional AV.

Bloodseekers

So Khorne Heralds go away, and possibly no more Bloodthirster (I haven't seen the mention of a big guy yet). So 4 of these as opposed to 2 Heralds. They lose horns, juggernaut, 1 point of movement, and 1 point of agility. On the plus side they pick up +1 str, +1 armor. They are also 20K more expensive than the heralds.

I quite like this take on the team, they are as much a danger to themselves as they are their opponent!

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

I think it will be better than Nurgle; will see what the Big Guy gets. Does not really appeal to me so will probably not play them.

A similar design to Nurgle we have our Linemen, 4 Gors and 4 Str 4 Blockers (of some sort).

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

The frenzy on the STR 4 guys I think is the really interesting part. It should make it a bit easier to avoid frenzy traps. I think it accomplishes a lot of what the current iteration of Khorne does, but I like this roster better. I'm still not sure whether or not these guys will have a big guy. I know one of the complaints about Khorne I heard, was that a Bloodthirster would be much larger and more powerful than what was on the pitch. Not really a GW AOS or 40K guy, so I have no idea whether that is a valid complaint or not.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

No idea either! I have played 40k but was never heavy into the official game fluff.

My expectation is they will have a Big Guy; after all it is something else GW can sell to players! :D

Str 4 Frenzy will be better for protecting yourself. Will still have to be careful though with the normal Linemen.

Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

Big guys is a "Bloodspawn"
0-1 160k Ma5 St5 Ag4+ Pa - Av 9+

Claws, Frenzy, Loner 4+, MB +1, Unchanneled fury

I am a pro "fun" guy.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

24a32d31-c2d6-414c-8b07-41d997fd3b68.jpg
Would be nice to know the skill access. Did I miss that or was it not on the release?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

Link to Blood Spawn Article

I didn't see the skill access on either article. The teaser says that the full rules will be in Spike! 13

Just guessing they will stick to the Cyanide builds and not allow Mutation access.

If I had to guess:

Bloodborn Maurauders
Primary: G Secondary: ASP

Blood Seekers
Primary: GS Secondary: A

Khorngors
Primary: GS Secondary: A

Bloodspawn
Primary: S Secondary: GA

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

We probably shouldn't forget their upcoming Star Player, Scyla Anfingrimm

It looks like he's going to come in at 170K, so I'm guessing based on the model he's going to be a Bloodspawn with Prehensile Tail. The description of him never focusing on the ball leads me to believe he won't be losing the Unchannelled Fury negatrait.

I guess he'll be nice if your Bloodspawn is hurt, not sure I'd want 2 Frenzy, negatrait, loners on the same pitch, but then again, I think it's going to take a certain type of coach to want to play these guys, and that may be just up his/her alley.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

There is also Max Spleenripper that got Previewed back in June.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... -chainsaw/

I prefer the original myself...

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

I don't know, Lyracian, I'm a pretty big fan of 'eavy Metal Max. I had not seen that new sculpt... I kinda want him.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

EastCoast wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:34 pm I don't know, Lyracian, I'm a pretty big fan of 'eavy Metal Max. I had not seen that new sculpt... I kinda want him.
That works; GW need someone to buy all this stuff.

You will have to post up a picture of him once painting is done.

Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

Despite the forge world stuff being overpriced I would probably buy some of it, IF it was more accessible. Pain to get plus price and I mostly wont bother.

I am a pro "fun" guy.
Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

Mystic Force wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:52 pm Despite the forge world stuff being overpriced I would probably buy some of it, IF it was more accessible. Pain to get plus price and I mostly wont bother.
I live within 50 miles of Warhammer World so super easy for me (before COVID) to get there and pick stuff up. I used to buy a few each year. Forge World shipping policy was always awful; it did get better during lock down and I actually mail ordered last year with free shipping.

Not sure what prices are like outside of the UK. Quick look at FW site seems you can still get free shipping in USA when you order 4 Stars. They seem about $3-4 more expensive per figure than over here.

Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

I think it is better than in the past because they now ship from a US distribution center instead of from the UK direct. I looked at just having shipped to my mum in the UK and have her send it on to me, but then you included VAT so wasn't any cheaper to do it that way plus still had to ship to US. I will probably eventually buy some from FW, but for now I have enough on my shopping list to keep me occupied.

I am a pro "fun" guy.