Human Lineman Leveling Strat

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Human Lineman Leveling Strat

Post by EastCoast »

For Humans with the 6 3 3+ 4+ 9+ statline, what is the preferred leveling strategy?

Do you got straight for the 3 SPP random General skill and hope for block or wrestle? Or do you hold off until 6 and then go random on your second skill up?

Or do you avoid randoms altogether?

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Human Lineman Leveling Strat

Post by lunchmoney »

Depends what the other players have and your bank roll.
But generally I like to rando level up linemen and replace them if they get an unusable skill (shadowing).

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

If they get shadowing do you sack them, or just give them LOS duty until Nuffle solves the roster issue for you?

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

EastCoast wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:51 pm If they get shadowing do you sack them, or just give them LOS duty until Nuffle solves the roster issue for you?
For 10k on a 50k player Mr Shadow can stay on the team till he dies or I get a better offer.

My strategy will be random skill on Linemen see what they have after two or three skills. One "decent" (however you define that) out of three and two situational is enough for me to say keep them on the team.

I might take a punt on Random Strength if they got 6 SPP in a single match. Highly unlikely to ever pick a primary unless I really needed something for the next match (Dirty Player perhaps).

I rolled up 3 just for fun -
#1 Kick, Shadowing, Tackle
#2 Kick, Pro, Strip Ball
#3 Pro, Strip Ball, Wrestle

Double Kick is a bit of a waste but I think these three could see out the rest of the season on the team. I would look to hire #3 for a second season.

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

Lyracian wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:10 pm
EastCoast wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:51 pm If they get shadowing do you sack them, or just give them LOS duty until Nuffle solves the roster issue for you?
For 10k on a 50k player Mr Shadow can stay on the team till he dies or I get a better offer.

My strategy will be random skill on Linemen see what they have after two or three skills. One "decent" (however you define that) out of three and two situational is enough for me to say keep them on the team.

I might take a punt on Random Strength if they got 6 SPP in a single match. Highly unlikely to ever pick a primary unless I really needed something for the next match (Dirty Player perhaps).

I rolled up 3 just for fun -
#1 Kick, Shadowing, Tackle
#2 Kick, Pro, Strip Ball
#3 Pro, Strip Ball, Wrestle

Double Kick is a bit of a waste but I think these three could see out the rest of the season on the team. I would look to hire #3 for a second season.
Yeah, the Double Kick stinks a bit, but man for 80K those are really useful players, especially Lineman #3. He's kind of amazing value. I like the new version of Pro, I especially like it at 10K.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

EastCoast wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:37 pm Yeah, the Double Kick stinks a bit, but man for 80K those are really useful players, especially Lineman #3. He's kind of amazing value. I like the new version of Pro, I especially like it at 10K.
In an actual league not sure I would have kept the second kicker long enough for them to both skill up three but it was just a fun example.

We now have a Blodge Pro Ghoul in the league. Amazing 10k value.
https://tourplay.net/en/blood-bowl/roster/5792