Dungeon Bowl!?!?!

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Dungeon Bowl!?!?!

Post by EastCoast »

Dungeon Bowl is back baby!

Hype Video

Really nice to see Games Workshop leaning into a lot of the history of Blood Bowl. As tight as the LRB rules were in later editions, a lot of the fun an zaniness was cut for competitive certainty. It was a silly game taking itself far too seriously. Returning the game to it's more silly irreverent roots is a good thing IMO and will attract more people to the hobby.

Dungeon Bowl is of course one of those great crossover ideas that was more or less lost in the shuffle, other than a brief blip from Cyanide not much new has been done with it in the last 20 years.

It looks great from a component standpoint

Looking at the components the hardbound rulebook stands out, I enjoy creating modular dungeon tiles, so I'm probably going to bypass the box if I can get the rules separate and that seems to be the case.

We have the first preview of the teams as well with two photos:
ImageImage

Neither photo matches the most recent rosters from Cyanide. The first roster is closest to the Amber College (Dark Elves, Skaven, Orcs) with the second roster appearing closest to the Orange College (Dwarfs instead of Chaos Dwarfs, Ogres, Orcs)

It seems like the colleges will be re-done. Really excited to see how fast this sets up and plays.

Reason: ''
Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Dungeon Bowl!?!?!

Post by Lyracian »

I enjoyed old Dungeon Bowl but kind of apathetic about this.

Hard enough to get actual BB games; can just see this seeing in a box along with all the other accumulated junk.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: Dungeon Bowl!?!?!

Post by spubbbba »

EastCoast wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:07 pm
Neither photo matches the most recent rosters from Cyanide. The first roster is closest to the Amber College (Dark Elves, Skaven, Orcs) with the second roster appearing closest to the Orange College (Dwarfs instead of Chaos Dwarfs, Ogres, Orcs)

It seems like the colleges will be re-done. Really excited to see how fast this sets up and plays.
The best thing GW could do would be to not try and recreate the college teams based on the 2nd edition rules. Those just didn't work with 3rd edition onwards as there were different teams in play and they weren't built the same way. You had the Jade college which was just the Orc team and then the Amber with Orcs, Dark Elves and Skaven.

Looks like they will include 2 spruces, one for each team and will design them in a similar way to Underworld and Old World Alliance. That will also allow them to get rid of things like the Deathroller and ball and chain which don't really work in Dungeonbowl.

The tricky part will be balancing the game, since normal 2nd ed Blood Bowl played very different to the current version and Dungeonbowl was based on that with a bunch of extra rules. I really do hope they have updated the rules rather than just porting it over like with previous attempts, otherwise it gets boring really quickly.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.