High Elves are next

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

High Elves are next

Post by daloonieshaman »

Due to the next spike being 14 and the upcoming fantasy High Elf release I feel that the next team is High ELves

Reason: ''
2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Re: High Elves are next

Post by odinsgrandson »

That seems reasonable. High Elves have been performing well enough to be elevated to tier 1 (where they belong) and I think it stands to reason that they'd produce the miniatures for them.

I'm not expecting a lot of changes to their roster.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

I expect they'll add a MA10 Rabbit with AG4, Catch, Dodge, Stunty, Titchy, Sidestep, and Mighty Blow, and 2-3 new traits which nobody else can get. They'll make Monty Python jokes and act like it's original. People will whine about the trivial one-turner, GW fanboys will counter that it's perfect because GW made it and everything they do is perfect and totally playtested.

You heard it here first.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jembo17 »

I really hope they're next. I want them to fill out the rest of the outstanding teams.

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Personally, I hope not. We have enough elf teams now, IMO. New teams should be something fairly unique and fill a niche that the current teams don't fill. Again, just my humble opinion, but what do I know?

GO STAMPEDERS!
Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

The one change I would like to see would be to give the blitzers strength access on a primary. They only have 2 so is not over powered, and it would be unique among the elven teams. HE are able to take a punch better than any other elves, so it would be nice if they could punch back a little with some Guard and Mighty Blow.

I am a pro "fun" guy.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Looks like HEs aren't going to be next. Amazons will be the next release. Not that surprising to see them come after the Norse release. The surprising thing is that they will have a snakeman star player. Interesting.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Magic Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Magic Dave »

Just finished a 7's league with the amazon's i wonder if GW will stack them with pointless skills like the Norse.

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

I really wonder what they'll change for Amazons.

They mentions Amazons being "as fast as elves" which is absolutely not true of the current or any previous roster for them. It would be REALLY nice if they could have some faster players, but the only one that makes sense to me is to increase the Blitzer to MA 7.

The throwers need a buff to justify taking them on the team. The arm snakes make me wonder if Extra Arms might be their thing (so they'd end up as throw-catchers like the Norse have). And in that case they might also have a buffed MA and be very expensive.

I don't think that they'd ditch the dodge spam, but I wouldn't be surprised if the new blockers didn't have dodge.

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Hopefully they make the roster interesting. I really hated the old "clone" rosters for 'zons and Norse. I don't mind the changes they made to the Norse and hopefully they'll do a decent job for the new Amazons (special "one day shipping" skill - oops, wrong Amazon). :D :P

GO STAMPEDERS!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I see that Forgeworld is releasing another Amazon star player. This one an actual Amazon (with lots of frogs on her). Disturbing presence and guard. Also the special ability to make a player lose their TZ and activation for a turn.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Athanatos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Athanatos »

I think that after Norse and ‘Zons, two reworked Teams of Legend, the next team will be a new team, probably one of the two remaining Chaos Powers.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Vampires and Chaos Dwarfs in 2023.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jembo17 »

Is that an educated guess? I was hoping for some kind of pre-Christmas release as a treat.