Amazon Team

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

My thoughts:

- Access to a big guy like a Krox would be interesting.

- No additional positional players needed

- Unicorns are interesting flavour but they would have to be a _lot_ worse than Lucky Luc. We found him to be more than a little broken. 8 3 3 8, sprint, sure feet, horn would be about right.

Marcus

Reason: ''
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I think the Unicorn should definitely keep skittish or maybe change that to uncontrollable from Galaks league rules. Effective on a 1 or a 2 though

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voyagers_uk on 2002-03-15 12:01 ]</font>

mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

I must admit, I know little regarding WHFB, but I think a treeman would fit, especially if there were some kind to palm tree mini. Given their proximity to Lustria, a Krox could work as well.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

NO BL***Y UNICORNS.
Nothing that can't hold the ball on the pitch (except squigs because they're funny).

Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

Yes no squig :evil: ! no dragon on the pitch or whatever that can't hold the ball !! :mad: :mad:

Babs

Post by Babs »

Interestingly, the idea of a semi-official Dragon Ogre on the pitch is being entertained at the moment!

As to the Big Guy for the amazons, you really need to think about minis. If there isn't a mini available for it, then the likelihood for it to be official as as likely as the chance of them making one for it (slim at best, unless it's really really cool).

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I could live with Dragon ogre players - problem being that they're Chaotic and Chaos already has access to 5 Big guys as well as the Chaos Warriors.

Now, if someone said they wanted to ues one with Chaos Warrior stats or something similar I could live with it...just as if an Undead coach said he wanted to use a Frank N'Stein fig as a Mummy or something similar...but Chaos really doesn't need yet another Big Guy option.

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Babs: by looking GW WHB minis, it seems easy to convert dragon ogres... there are two with a one-handed weapon (a sword for one, an axe for the other). The only problem I could see is WHB Dragon ogres seem very big, compared to bull centaur, for example...

Thadrin: you've misunderstood me. I don't speak about a general big guy for chaos team (I'm completely agree with you: there are sooooo many chaotic big guys !), but only for chaos halflings, which can be found on Galak's website... instead of Yum (even if this one is very powerful, considered to 2K1 rules) 2 Dragon Ogres > 1 Yum ... But it's just a suggestion

tommy316
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by tommy316 »

I have converted a Dragon Orge for Blood Bowl. It was EXTREMELY easy. Just cut the sword hand off the Dragon Orge and then glue on the plastic Orc Thrower's hand with the ball. It looks good and if you really put some time into it, you could probably pose the arm on a action pose (instead of just holding onto the ball.)
Sucks that there is no real place for them in BB, they would be frickin' awesome to field. But, Chaos does have a lot of Big Guys already. If I knew more history or background on them then maybe I could figure out another team they could play for.But, otherwise, I'm S.O.L.

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Chaos is a big guy team :evil: !!

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

??? What do you want to say Trambi ???

if it is a big guy team, please note there are a grosbill -beardie- one: they haven't some traits they can't remove :lol: just kidding :lol:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DaFrenchCoach on 2002-03-18 13:53 ]</font>

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

It's normal for a chaos team to play beardie. :lol:
And you could limit the total of big guys for a chaos at 4 with a large choice of them (with 4 selection of big guys ... plus daemons if you really want them).

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

To put in nutshell
_ Amazon Kroxigor (they are coming from Lustria after all).
_ Chaos Dragon ogre :evil:

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

I still don't understand what you're talking about... 4 big guys ? Maybe you want to talk about diversity (minotaur, ogre, troll, ... don't remember exactly), but not number on a roster ???

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I don't have a problem with offering a Dragon Ogre as a choice to the Chaos Team for their ONE!!!! Big Guy that they are allowed under the BB2k1 rules.

If you want my opinion using only current allowed traits:

Dragon Ogre:
6/5/2/9
Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Sprint, Sure Feet
Wild Animal, Bonehead

Caveat the player that Bonehead rolls are always made before any action including the required block from WA.

Galak

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GalakStarscraper on 2002-03-18 16:17 ]</font>