Players who should be big guys

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

For me, big guys are :
Ogres :smile: ,
Trolls, ( and snow trolls :lol:)
Minotaures,
Kroxigors,
Mummies :eek: ,
Treemen,
Bull centaur :wink: ,
And others unofficial ones ...
What do you think of this list and why ?

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Mummies should not be big guys ... just because they are ST 5 does not make them big guys. Big Guys by nature should have a negative trait and be bribed/persuaded to join the team ... Mummies are just a natural part of the Undead team and have been SINCE 1st EDITION!!!! See my article in the 1st issue of House Rulez.

Bull Centaurs should NOT be Big Guys either ... no negative traits to associated with them and at ST 4 they aren't really BG material either. The CDs were always considered 2nd tier ... given them the BCs as roster players was a very logical and good move on the part of the BBRC.

Sorry Trambi, I think the current Big Guy vs non-Big Guy allocation of BB2k1 is perfect.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

I'm hoping for a sort of standard set of rules for Big Guys in BB2k1 ... ST 5+, negative trait, and Mighty Blow.

Acerak already said that the BBRC would STRONGLY consider adding Mighty Blow to the Kroxigor ... if they do then all Big Guys will have these 3 things ... perfect to me.

Galak

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Galak
Sorry but Big guys means "big" "guys" and no guys with racial caracteristic. :wink:
However in 2ed mummies have an incredible strength, moreover they seem not very smart.
For Bull centaur, they are perhaps one of the best "small" guys in BB. They have strength of Black Orc and speed of human lineman, with sprint and sure feet. Perhaps overpowered for only ( :lol: ) 130k !

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I thought the Kroxigor wasn't a big guy? or are they thinking of making it one?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Not thinking about it ... the Kroxigor IS a big guy for the Lizardmen. Its very official.

Galak

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

mummies arent big guys because they were created before big guys but they could have a bad skill and be become big guys that it wont matter me.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Thx Longshot,
:eek: you suceed in connecting in the Internet ?

Awesomizer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Awesomizer »

OK, so the Bull Centaur is not considered a big guy (officially). What confuses me is how you're supposed to move him. The mini is two squares long. How is he supposed to turn? Does he turn like a big guy?

Plus he has a 10 square tackle zone. Seems like a pretty sweet advantage.

I can understand the argument that Chaos Dwarves need the added beef. What I'm wondering is what about league play with allies rules. There's no rule that says an Orc team can't ally a Bull Centaur (at least I don't think there is). You can make a fearsome Orc team with a Bull Centaur.

How does a Bull Centaur work in your league? While we're on the subject of big minis that arn't "Big Guys", how do you guys use the Deathroller? That rascal is as big as an Ogre, but he doesn't have that Big Guy trait. Does he have tackle zones behind him? Does he have to spend a MV to turn 90%?

Just something to wrap your noodle around :smoking:

Pink Horror
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pink Horror »

You're supposed to squeeze him into one square. No Blood Bowl player takes up more than one square. Try a different base if you can.

Ally rules are house rules only right now. If your house rules allow a Bull Centaur on an Orc team, great (The MBBL2 lets my Orcs have a Bull Centaur, but I prefer the Chaos Dwarf because high-priced allies go against my strategy). If it's too powerful, change your rules.

Pink Horror