Results on Rubi (Barcelona) Tournament.

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Results on Rubi (Barcelona) Tournament.

Post by Ancalagon »

Hi!
Here are my thoughts about the tournament I managed here in Barcelona this last weekend (same weekend as Orion Cup).
First of all, I have to say I was surprised because came 22 coaches from around, and this is good if keep in mind that we are not in the middle of Barcelona, and people have to move a bit come here.
People enjoyed and this is the best I could know. I have to say that I had to pay atention to some players who don´t like new rules (I mean 2k1 and they didn´t know "gold" ones) and correct many others that didn´t play well from 3rd basic edition.
We played basic 2k1 league rules, but added a point system to make rankings easier: 4pts win, 2 loose, 2 draw, 1 pt loose by 2 or more TD; draws were solved in this order most TD, most Casualties, more rating... All coaches played 3 matches and after that 4 best players had semis and final.
I played with my lizards and classifed to the semis due I scored more TD than the rest who had same points. My op. in semis was a dwarf team who had 12 points. He had only 11 players plus apot. I played sending slowly his players out of the pitch (first his two runners) and then all was easier. I freeboted the mage but in fact I didn´t need it... won 1-0. Final was against one Norse team who had 15 players and mage freeboted mage as I did. Again I started trying to erode (is that the correct wording?) and suceeded. I did 6 unconscious, 3 casualties on 1st part (one healed, 4 recovered conscience) and 2 more casualties + 4 more unconscious 2nd part. I won 1-0 because I prefered to hit better than score on last turn; I had one skink near TD zone and really far from his 2 standing players (all the rest were on the floor and with many lizards around) but I rolled two "block" with one of my saurus and didn´t had RR. So I won the tournament.
Here are some statistics:
TEAMS
Norse: 2
Orks: 3
Chaos: 3
Dwarf:1
Wood elf:4
Dark E.: 2
Skaven: 1
Human: 2
Undead: 1
High Elf: 1
Lizards: 1
Chaos Dwarf: 1

Points after 3rd match.

Jorge (W.E.) 12 pt
Vargas (D) 12pt
Agus (N) 10pt
Oriol (L) 10 pt
David "C4" (WE)10 pt
Yoshi (O) 10 pt
Marcos Tarrassó "Tarra" (O) 10 pt
Roger (H) 10 pt
Lupus (C) 10 pt
Edu (O) 9 pt
Xavi (C) 9pt
Gerard (U) 8pt
Pablo (D.E) 8 pt
Edu (S) 7 pt
Javi (WE) 7 pt
Jose (C) 7 pt
Daniel (HE) 6 pt
Alberto (H) 5 pt

2 players had to go after 2nd match so this is the reason that they are not on this second list.

Well, here are my thoughts... what do you think about??
I´ll post some photos sooner or later...

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Good job Anca, congatulations!!! :D
Still think Lizards are so terrible under 2k1?? :wink:
Good spread of teams represented, but slightly surprised to see no Amazons...I think they're a good tourney team, and may well take them to the Dam if I can paint them up in time. Then again, if there's a lot of shortarse stumpy Dwarves about they could come unstuck big time!
Hope everybody enjoyed it, that's what it's all about at the end of the day! :smoking:

..and get some photos up ASAP!! :P

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Ancalagon

It´s difficult to buy amazons from Spain

Post by Ancalagon »

DW: I won because had some luck, and because I played a lot of matches with lizards and studied his way of playing. Maybe if I sent same time with undeads or any other team I´ll will more matches. I have to say I lost my second match against Orks on 3rd time (3-2), and I still wonder wich strategy used this coach (sure he don´t knows too). In fact, I know a bit him and think he had no strategy, just had luck hitting. He used his players like elves... :-? dodging to put his blitzers behind my scrim line to receive the ball... really a rare way of playing. I lost that match due my ag4 skink couldn´t catch the ball 3 times from the floor in 3rd time.
My other matches were against DE and skavens. I won those two 3-0.
About amazons... here in spain are not on sale, you have to buy them from UK web, and not many people speaks english nor knows how to use internet.