One Turn scorers...

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Are one-turn scores a "broken" feature of Blood Bowl?

Yes, they should be made impossible or less likely.
25%
Yes, because every team should have the opportunity to score in one
No votes
No, they're just fine.
75%

Total votes: 36

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I said they are just fine, for one simple reason..

as far as I know, unless my maths is wrong, only Skaven gutter runners and Woodelf catchers have any real chance of becoming one turn scorers, and they are both S2. In order to score in 1 turn, that S2 player is going to have to be set up on the LOS at kick off, and your opponent is going to have to get the ball to him correctly (and hope for no blitz or perfect defence result on the kick-off table!) to even stand a chance of a 1 turn TD.

In a large team, these guys are a problem because they do not have to be fielded if you are not receiving the ball. I know one guy with such a GR. He scores most games, but the guy often does not field him for fear he gets crippled. Alos, by the time a player has picked up enough SPPs to score in 1 turn (+1 MA, long legs, sprint) he may already have picked up an NI or 2, plus some aging problems.

I say leave them as they are. They are rare, and do not ruin a game as much as you might first think.

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers