Best and worst Blood Bowl luck?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Hedgehog
Rookie
Rookie

Best and worst Blood Bowl luck?

Post by Hedgehog »

I've seen a lot of funny things in blood bowl, but today there was something that capped it all...

I was facing a halfling team with two treemen, with me playing Chaos Dwarves... and one of my cards was stiletto. To my amazement, I managed to seriously injure one of them (how does a stiletto hurt a tree? :)).

But what was really funny - for me - was later on in the match. The other treeman was getting up, and decided to go for it to blitz one of my players. He rolled a 1, and then another 1 with a reroll. I then proceeded to get straight through the armour, and rolled the injury dice... 12!

The word 'TIMBER!!!!!' sprung to mind :)

So what are the most amazing examples of good and bad luck you've encountered in Blood Bowl?

Reason: ''
You can't have everything; where would you put it?
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

I think my all-time record of consecutive double-down two-die blocks still stands at five.

As for amazingly good luck...well, the pair of five-man Pitch Invasions against Geoff Porritt's Skaven at Resurection come to mind! I don't think I've ever had a lucky 6-5-6 sequence when you need all 5+ rolls, though. I'm not in that position often, so I never end up trying such stuff.

-Chet

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Bad Luck!

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well how about this...

I received.

First Kick Off - perfect defence.

Got no oppo down and Ogre failed bonehead - used a reroll on a block by a blitzer.

Oppo first block a SI. No other blocks

I get a stun with a running chain and then roll a skull again - only stunned this time.

Oppo 3 more blocks.... 1 prone, 1 stunned and 1 BH.

Chain gets only stunned again and Ogre wakes up but can only manage pushes....

Oppo gets prone, stunned and push (first time!)

Chain fails to break armour and no other successful rolls

Oppo KO's chain and knocks Ogre prone

Ogre blitzes to free up surrounded ball carrier and fails BH roll, thrower fumbles a rerolled pass

Another BH on my team, a SI with a niggle, 4 other blocks all get my players down - I have no players standing.

5 more blocks by my oppo 3 stunned and 2 prone

Ogre fails BH roll... again....

Opponent scores, Chain is sent off on the first penalty roll and its 1 turn to H/T

Early in the 2nd half the Ogre is fouled with a SI -1 AV and another player is SI'd

The game finishes with a score of 4-0 and 7-1 in casualties - all told 5 SIs (2 apoth'd - my opponent felt sorry for me and let me use his apoth!) and 2 BHs.

Basically I never had a look in and finished with 5 players on the pitch and 1 in the KO box. Was I playing a really tough team with lots of skills - not really it was a Nipponese team with mainly av 8 and only 4 players with block (1 a gutter runner ally) - I had 4 players with block (inc a Questing Knight) plus an Ogre and a Chain.

Dave

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Well..played a pbem game recently in which my final turn of the game consisted of unstunning my sole remaining player....
I could give you the sorry tale of woe but I'm trying to forget all about it... :roll:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

I just read something on the MBBL mailing list that went like this:

* 3 consecutive fialed pickups at 3+ with Sure Hands
* Triple-skull by a player with Block - the second of the game!

That's pretty bad :)

-Chet

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

What is this "bad luck"? Image

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

plenty of bad luck

Post by Zy-Nox »

I'm pretty sure that i have way to much bad luck,

* I rolled 6 1's in 2 turns with my woodies,where one roll of 2+ would have given me a score.
*An ogre rolled tripple skulls on its first block and got -1 st.
* Agility 4 halfling rolled a 1 on a dodge,1 on the RR,1 on the apoth,I allowed a team RR to keep the guy alive which was also 1 then i sold him my apoth to try and save the blighter this also was........1 :( I guess he wasnt supposed to live.

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

during a match of my Helf against an Undead one, the weather was '2' (more than verry sunny).
i had 11 players at this match. after a TD, we rolled the dices to see if they were able to continue the game under this sun.
I rolled 7 '1' and played with only 4 players and he get 'Perfect Defence'...
But instead of all that he made a defece mistake and i succed to score and recovered my players...

Trambi has had an Ogre killed by a gunter runner. (The runner blitzed him, and killed him and the apo rolled a 1... :) )

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

* Agility 4 halfling rolled a 1 on a dodge,1 on the RR,1 on the apoth,I allowed a team RR to keep the guy alive which was also 1 then i sold him my apoth to try and save the blighter this also was........1 I guess he wasnt supposed to live.
lol...... thats got to take the cake!

Jonathan Merry
Da Leeg Commissioner, Shaka Shield and SA Open Organiser
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

I don't know, I have one just as bad in my MBBL game from Round Two:

* Double skulls with a Blitzer.
* Re-roll, double skulls.
* Broken AV, AV-1
* Apothecary rolls a 1.

Mind you, a simple "not double skulls" roll would have allowed me to one-die his ball-carrier, giving me a shot at avoiding OT. Instead, the Elves scored to tie the game, then the received in OT. Eventually they double-skulled, and I recovered the ball for a 3-2 win.

Hey, how can you roll 6 1's in 2 turns and then claim that any one of them would have given you a score on a roll of 2 or more? If you didn't re-roll them into 2+ rolls, I can't see you accumulating 6 of 'em! :)

-Chet

Zy-Nox

6 1's

Post by Zy-Nox »

It was more 3 could have given me a score,
1 for pass RR
1 for catch rr 1
next turn pick up 1 RR
handoff 1 catch RR 1

Basically i was 7 sqaures from opponents endzone and this was between my thrower and catcher trying to score(Wood Elves) :oops:

bj0rn
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bj0rn »

one game:
- total of 7 "skull/skull" results
- killing your own player (chaos warrior with "duh! where am i" smacks my troll - troll doesnt have block - chaos warrior has mighy blow - chaos warrior has mighy blow = dead troll (failed regen roll))

see, if my troll had had block it would have fallen down...if my chaos warrior hadnt had mighy blow he wouldnt have penetrated the armour...if it had been 3rd edition the mighy blow couldnt have made the total roll into a 12 and killed my troll...if only sigurds injury rules had been in effect...if only!

the irony of it is that this is the only player death this team has suffered in 25 games!

one game:
- more "death" results suffered than "stunned" results (total 4 deaths and 2 stunned)
- more serious injuries suffered than KO'D (total of 2 seriously injured and 1 ko'd)
- no one badly hurt
- the only spp the team recieved was the 5 from mvp

bj0rn - luck has got nothing to do with it...

krybosis
Rookie
Rookie

Post by krybosis »

- I play against humans with undead. I get the first turn. What would be a better way to start the game than have a Labbat's flying fist in my mummys head. Well, a smash. An armour piercing. A death!! An fail at the regeneration roll (we had it 4+) The mummy had a frenzy skill.. i lost one Gorka Morka ork because of this ( i throwed it on the wall after this :lol:)

- Mummy with the Pro skill has a niggling injury. I first roll dices as practicing... 2..5..4..6..3..3..4..5 then when the real roll comes... an 1!

- Chaos dwarf blocker stands up in the tackle zone of a human, dodges out(4+), picks the ball(4+), takes an extra square towards opponents end zone, takes another extra square to the end zone... 1! and no re-rolls. (wouldnt mind if i had one, i would have throwen an 1 still :x)

bj0rn
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bj0rn »

rolling dice for practice :lol:

i think you need a lesson in propability math...

bj0rn - :wink:

Martin
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Martin »

Worst luck: Playing our version of the demon team vs high elfs. I kicked off to him and he got one player deep with the ball. My flamer goes to blitz him, rolls a 1, reroll a 1. Elf scores. He kicks to me and it's a quick snap. My flammer can one turn score on a quick snap. The pink horror grabs the ball and passes to the flamer who rolls a 1, reroll a 1. The ball scatters to the nurgling next to the flamer who catchs it and hands it off to the flamer who rolls a 1.

Martin