Vampires and Treemen

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Dawg,

New skill in the MBBL2 ... skills that everyone has access to are at:
http://www.midgardbb.com/Skills.html

As for the other skills ... certain teams have extras.

Albions: Greater Glory, We're Not Worthy, Honorable, Medic!, and It's Just a Flesh Wound
Barbarian: Beserker Rage
Border Princes: Honorable
Bright Crusaders: Honorable
Chaos Halfling: Gluttony, Not a Team Player, and On Team As Penance
Deamon teams: Unstable, Daemonic Aura
Nurgle's Rotter: Foul Appearance levels 1 through 5, Daemonic Aura
Elementalist: Elemental Link, Weather Immunity
Fimir: Daemonic Aura, Single Eye, Unstable
Forest Goblin: Uncontrollable
Gnome: TIKSTPK!, Nonball Handler
Golem: Rusting, Brittle, Golem Physical
Halfling: Will He Show?, Wizard Linked
Halloweenies: Dugout Change, Outrage
Heroes of Law: Honorable
Hobgoblin: Will He Show?
Kislev: Dugout Change, Outrage
Lizardmen: Heat Resistant, Cold Blooded
Lycanthrope: Dugout Change, Outrage
Night Goblin: Squig Rules, MA D6, May Not GFI
Nipponese: Honorable
Norse: Cold Resistant, Stone Cold Stupid, Cold Natured
Pixie: Avoid
Shallya: Bless, Healing, Honorable, Full Heal, Unstable
Slaanesh Elf: Cruelty, Pride, Idleness, Unstable
Spirit: Chill, Ethereal, Lesser Banishment
Treefolk: Aspect
Wee Folk: NIGG (No, I've Got Gold) and Dig
Wiley Skaven of Clan Axme: Resolve
Wild Cards: Spontaneous Combustion, Temporal Instability, Vampiric Change, Single Eye, Extra Leg, Elephant Trunk, Obese, Third Eye, Single Eye, Crystal Skin, Cold Resistant, Heat Resistant, Weather Immunity, Cruelty, House Fly Head, Sleeper, Wasp, Phasing, Flight

I think that the full list of new skills.

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

The only slight criticism I could make of the MBBL2 is the potential for mismatches. The plethora of teams available are probably all balanced in terms of the League, but occasionally rosters that push the envelope in either direction can meet and cause a balance clash in terms of that particular game.
That said, it has to be impossible to provide access to that amount of rosters and expect them to be balanced against each other at all times.
The vast majority of games are probably perfectly balanced, but the nature of the league may throw up the odd exception.
No offence at all intended to Galak, he does a wonderful job, and the pros of the ability to play BB beyond 'vanilla' rules far outweigh the cons.
I'd recommend the MBBL2 to anyone, I thoroughly enjoy participating, and I'd miss it BIG TIME if I had to give it up! Thanks Tom! 8)

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Wow!!

Post by NightDragon »

Who thought up all those skills? I think I gotta join! Laters DD.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

No offense taken DW.

In fact DW is currently playing a team that many think is broken .. the Skaven - Clan Moulder ... personally I think those folk are smoking something, but we'll find out won't we. As for inequal match ups ... YUP those are going to happen ... no doubt ... Half-Orc vs Amazon ... or a better example from the current round 3 of the MBBL2 ... Pixie vs Chaos Halfling ... OUCH, OUCH, OUCH (+4 to injury). But since the league is formula driven instead of challenge format, these types of problems are reduced for the most part.

The original concept of the MBBL2 was that there are a lot of really good ideas out there for Blood Bowl teams that were just that ... ideas. The odds of you every getting to try the team was nill.

I started the MBBL2 so that everyone could get the chance to play that new concept they always wanted to try ... through actual playtesting we work the bugs out of the team. Is it too powerful, too weak, too complicated ... at the end of the day, the goal is to have the team to balanced, fun, and different. In order for a team to be included in the MBBL2, it had to play different enough from another team to not be a clone. Some are similar ... Golem, Undead, Halloweenies, and the Vampire Counts teams all have similar elements but are different when played. Are each of the 77 really different from each other ... so far I believe so. I get new teams emailed to me all the time asking me to include them in the MBBL2 ... most are clones of another team and would add nothing new, so they don't make it in. The last teams I added to the MBBL2 were the Skaven Clans, the Vampire Counts, and the Wiley Skaven of Clan Axme ... all in my opinion had some new and different to offer.

The other factor that really helps is I help program the PBeM tool. So I can program in the Dugout Change of a Werewolf, the Avoid roll of a Pixie, the Gluttony roll of a Chaos Halfling, etc. ... this automation of the new stuff helps make the league a lot easier to play in as you don't have to remember the rules for the skills as the software handles the calculations for you.

As for who thought up all the new skills. The creator of the team (see each team for credit references) is most often the creator of the new skill. The Skills page has a credits section at the top for the new skills page and who is thought to have come up with it. I really believe in giving credit where it due when it comes to new concepts.

If you decide to join, get a practice game under your belt, Dawg, and send me an email.

Galak

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

GalakStarscraper wrote:In fact DW is currently playing a team that many think is broken .. the Skaven - Clan Moulder ... Galak
LOL! You forgot to mention that I'm a game or two away from putting a Bloodthirster on the field in the other Division! :evil:

It's taken a while to get there, and the theory is that that the vulnerability of on-pitch spellcasters provides an Achilles heel. Personally I feel this is negated somewhat by the loss of the old cards, then again I haven't really looked at the revised handicap table that has now come into force.

Galak's point remains valid however, we'll see whether the Khorne team is broken or not. I expect to be a real force next season (which will be my 3rd season with this team, including the half-season I played initially when I started).

Same really with Clan Moulder, currently a load of unskilled Clanrats and two Rat Ogres without Block is a struggle, but a few games down the line...?

Again, we'll see. The beauty of the MBBL2 is trying out these teams in a pretty competitive format, looking at a roster and theorising is one thing, throwing that roster into the thick of things is quite another! It's fun whatever, and at the end of the day that's why I play BB! :)

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

And I thought you played it to feel deeply dissapionted! :wink:

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

People think Clan Moulder team is Broken/Beardy? Yes they are smoking something, where can i get some!

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.