Amsterdam Tourney Format.

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Amsterdam Tourney Format.

Post by Deathwing »

There's been some discussion on a couple of threads, I'd quite like a finalised format. Here how I understand it, and some questions/thoughts:

Scoring: The scoring is to be based on total SPPs, with a bonus 5 SPPs per win.
Question: Are completions/interceptions to be included in this total, or just cas/TDs as discussed elsewhere?
Thoughts: Allowing SPPs for completions is open to abuse.

Skills: SPPs will not count towards Skill progression, instead a random player at the end of game 1 will get a skill increase. At the end of game 2 a further two skills will be awarded, at the end of game 3 a further 3 skills etc. These upgrades are to be rolled, allowing traits, stat increases, any skill access and mutations.
Questions: Is skill stacking allowed? If by the end of game 4, 10 skill rolls will be randomly allocated, it's entirely probable that some players will have been randomly selected multiple times.
5 or 6 games? If it's 6 that's gonna be 15 skills randomly allocated.

Thoughts: I'm a little concerned that somebody could get lucky early, and end up with either a casualty machine or a one turn scorer, that cannot be killed! Random early multiple skill upgrades on position players will help much more in racking up SPPs than if you're unlucky enough to keep drawing linemen.
Suggestion: Once a player has a skill upgrade, he's ineligible for a second until Day 2 (after game 4). This should effectively nullify any potential nasty combos too early in the tournament, whilst still allowing the possibility for the final one or two games. I'd hate to see a one turn GR after game 2.

Swiss style? Can't remember seeing this anywhere, but the coaches with the most SPPs after each round will play each other etc? This should help spread the bonus 5 Spps for winning around and keep things tight.

I think that's about it for now. I'd quite like to see a finalised format cut and dried before I decide which team I'm taking, and I know I'm not the only one!

Reason: ''

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Norse and I had diffulty reaching eachother, but today (due to some internet miracle cure) we are back together 8)

We are discussing the last smaller details, lookign at the discussions elsewhere as our guidelines. Actually, the hotels have worried us more.

Lucy
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Briefly, in answer to DWs points:

SPPs +5 for a win will be used. SPPs for Comps and Ints are NOT counted for tournament format.

Injuries last only as long as the game in which they are suffered. Thus, the only use of an apothecary (if anyone takes one!?) will be to keep players on the pitch longer, as all SIs, NIs and Deaths are nullified.

Skills, will be randomly distributed on a D20 (or 12) and will be rolled for as normal. 2 skills will be allocated after each match, and may go to a player who already has a skill. A player may not get 2 skills in 1 game however. If, as a result of this, a coach gets lucky enough to get a player with 3 or 4 skills, and rolls enough doubles to make him a one turn scorer, I say he is blessed by Nuffle, and good luck to him. Of course one or two "stars" may emere over 6 games, but I expect such individuals to be ruthlessly bitch-slapped by intelligent opponents..

All 2K1 rules are being used, with the exception that no star players/wizards will be allowed. Teams each have 1,000,000 to buy players, cheerleaders or Apos. Any such member of the team must be represented by a model, as must all coaching staff. Non GW models (Phil's phigs, Shadowforge etc) will be permitted provided positional players are clearly shown. Big Guys are permitted, but no other ally rules are accetable. There are no secret weapon, skaven clan or any other experimental rules in effect at the tournament. The rules will be strictly in accordance with GWs web-site rules. Any rules query on the day will be resolved by 1) a vote of all other players, failing which 2) a drinking contest!

Opponents will be randomised, by the PC where the tournament results are placed. Your next opponent will not be known to you until you have finished your previous game. Swiss style will NOT be adopted as it's too difficult for me and Lucy to programme onto a PC.. :wink:

If any of the above is unclear, please ask for clarification.

One final point:

Any problems with this, don't tell me. We've been discussing this for months, and everyone has had ample opportunity to make their views. This can best be seen by the fact that this tournament now, IN NO WAY, resembles the original format myself and Lucy had wanted. It has been negotiated democratically by the majority of those attending AND IS NO LONGER OPEN TO DISCUSSION. If anyone turns round on 20th and 21st of July and says they don't like the format and weren't involved in the development of the rules, I will NOT be held accountable for my reaction.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Cool! Thanks Norse and Lucy! 8)
I'll be bringing Amazons.

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

One slight alteration that Norse and I just found out we missed (because email don't travel at the speed of light):

I want people to play against people they never played before. Therefore, if you don't want to play x because you already play against x once a month, make a list of opponents you'd rather not play against because you can do that at home. I don't want to play against anybody living in A'dam at the moment f.i, because I can do that anytime.

I think this is a reasonable suggestion and hope others have no problems with this as well...

Lucy

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

ok,
i will train myself a little with Trambi before D-Day.
see ya soon

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Spyke
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Spyke »

Deathwing wrote:Cool! Thanks Norse and Lucy! 8)
Hmmm, I wonder why? Wouldn't have anything to our games last weekend would it?

Spyke.

PS: Looks like my Amazons might have a cat fight on their hands :wink:

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I can't wait..

the more dodgy women around, the more women for me to impose Dwarven tackle upon...

PS I think it only fair to warn you guys, no SPPs will be given for dodging successfully! Are you sure you want to use Amazons? ;) :lol:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Its true: Scottish Dwarf players DO think alike (rubbing hands with glee at the thought.)

BTW - a thought....
Just to make this a little more atmospheric I suggest a small name change for the tourney: Working on the basis that the Warhammer world is based on Middle ages Europe I suggest the tournament be renamed the Marienburg Invitational.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Norse, is this you in the pick/avatar or have you been taking pics of me, :o the wife is well shocked at the likeness. I have found my Doppelganger and his name is Ramsey. :evil:

Anyway I had a thought that I would put to you about this tournament that I had a hand in yet will not attend.

Instead of random skills for players increasing after every game, why not give the coach a choice of a skill for a random player or a team re-roll.

just a thought. oh and I will try and get a photo of me scanned in and sent to you, it really is spooky. :o

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Spyke wrote:
Deathwing wrote:Cool! Thanks Norse and Lucy! 8)
Hmmm, I wonder why? Wouldn't have anything to our games last weekend would it?

Spyke.

PS: Looks like my Amazons might have a cat fight on their hands :wink:
Yep! :D , but if we'd been able to allocate skills I may have still been tempted to go with High Elves though. It 's the thought of burning those precious TRR if your Pheonix warrior doesn't get Sure Hands etc. With limited TRR and limited position players you really need to concentrate skills on them. Random allocation makes the choice a no brainer IMO.
Gimmie all those starting skills and cheap TRR anytime!

Still, I'm happy enough. Amazons it is then..sharpen those claws! :D

And as for the Dwarf threat....

" I punched him out and brought him to this hut
But I know that he'll thank me..when he wakes up!
We got trees, we got snakes, we got acres of sky..
His life in the city was making him cry. "

-from 'Us Amazonians', Kirsty MacColl.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Sadly V-UK that is my Ugly Mug..

if it looks like you then I pity you and all who know you. I have often heard the expression "face I'd like to punch" so if a total stranger walks upto you one day and lamps you, you now know who is responsible... ;)

The reason I added my pic as my new avatar is so that people at the Amsterdam/Marienburg Invitational recognise me more easily. I don't think saying "the guy in the leather jacket" will help much in Legendz.. :lol:

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

go to http://welcome.to/86ers.
go to the gallery and click on the link to "vs Gävle Red Devils" then scroll to the bottom picture (team mug shot).
Far right, baseball cap. Thats Thadrin. There may well be better somewhere, but thats at least reasonably recent.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.