Dungeonbowl...Have you played it?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Dungeonbowl...Have you played it?

Post by mrinprophet »

Wasn't exactly sure where to post this. I downloaded the rules and templates for the Dungeonbowl variant of Blood Bowl off the GW Fanatic Blood Bowl site. I haven't played it yet and was hoping some of you might give me some feedback. It seems pretty cool and would be fun to play with some friends. It kinda reminds me of some of the games published in Dragon, like King of the Table Top, Mertwig's Maze (which rocks), and Elephant Hunt. Thanks.

Reason: ''
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Our league has played it, we've even run a DB tournament. We've found the fast teams seem to dominate. It's fun for a diversion one in a while.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
McKrackenfield
Rookie
Rookie

Post by McKrackenfield »

Haven't played the new one - i did play the 2nd ed. one when it came out
back then high AV teams ruled it but with the rules now I can see the fast teams taking it easier

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

OK, gotta confess I haven't downloaded the rules yet. Same as WD225 ?
They were lots of fun....

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I'd love to try it out with proper College teams (should balance out at least some of that speed team advantage).

A couple of guys from my league said they tried it and picked practically identical teams though (Amber college).

I bought and painted a bunch of Human minis to add to my Dwarf team so I can run them as a Bright College team. Haven't had a chance to try them yet though.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

It's a fun diversion, but game time is totally unpredictable, one turn or 4 hours, it's all on the luck of the teleporter dice...

Good fun once in a while, but shouldn't be too regular a thing..

Unless you have 2 leagues, one for BB and one with colleges for DB.

I do like the mixed teams though, thoroughly good fun...

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

Dungeon Bowl is okay for a break from Blood Bowl, but it would struggle to keep me entertained for a whole tournament / league.

Jonathan Merry
Da Leeg Commissioner, Shaka Shield and SA Open Organiser
Larry The Zombie
Rookie
Rookie

db battle royale

Post by Larry The Zombie »

When we tried out the newest DB rules we thought of just having all the teams all in there together at the same time. The dungeon covered and table tennis table as we used a multitued of warhammer quest corriders! There were 6 of us altogether with each of us starting in each corner. We just used our teams from the season and random teleporters and exploding chests were a lark. I recommend it for a one off but i can definately see runny teams dominating (so is that why i won with my woody elves then :lol: )

Larry says 'The best way to stop those pansy elves is to kick 'em in the knackers.' :)
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Hey Larry, I hate to be picky, but your spelling is terrible. No punctuation either. As you are from England and it's your language :roll: , try and set an example please for others... :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Larry The Zombie
Rookie
Rookie

i know

Post by Larry The Zombie »

:oops: sorry norse :oops:

Honestly its this damn keyboard i use at work, the keys keep jammin' all the time, and im always in a rush. Ill try and improve by taking a little more time :)

Larry says 'The best way to stop those pansy elves is to kick 'em in the knackers.' :)
DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

"i can definately see runny teams dominating"

LOL... that would be the Snottlings then!!!!
:smoking:

Jonathan Merry
Da Leeg Commissioner, Shaka Shield and SA Open Organiser
jeffzimm1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeffzimm1 »

I've played only the 2nd Edition Dungeonbowl. I LOVE it. We also use the great spiked balls that they had in the rules all the time.

We also play a variation of Bloodbowl called MEGA-Bowl. You play with either 3 or 4 teams. with a modified (self-made) pitch. Each team as its own Endzone to defend and the "neutral area" is either square or triangular in shape depending upon the number of players.
Each team starts with a ball and the endzones are color coded (red, blue, yellow, green). Color coded chips are placed in a dice bag - the number of each color matching the number of teams - and each team draw a chip out of the bag. You must attempt to score in that endzone. If you draw your own color you get to choose from any of the opponents endzones. Play ends as soon as a touchdown is scored and reset, but a player can in theory score as many as 4 touchdowns in one turn if he can carry all of the balls across the endzone in his final turn.

This makes for some pretty bloody choas.

"Never, NEVER, disturb a Minotaur while he's eating!"

Coach Tad Bloodthrasher after he tried to get his Starplayer to get his mind back on the game. (He was lucky. He only lost an arm).
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Actually...

I've been toying with rules for more than 1 ball for a while now, each team kicks to the other and then turns proceed as normal, I haven't play tested yet, but the possibility of a double TD sounds lots of fun... Plus offence/defence not so clearly cut as normal..

Just an idea..

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Running teams have problems with longbeards/cd's with stand firm standing behind 2 guards of similar, i used it to make a tie :wink: . The slow teams just have to use corridors to the fullest advantage. Our league used DB as a quarterly tournament with the same teams in the league, we had 4 tournaments. We had DB, bloodbowl cup, chaos cup, and a special league only one. That one the ball started in the center of the board and the teams set up no more than 3 squares in from the endzone.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
jeffzimm1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeffzimm1 »

It is a LOT of fun. Especially because it can happen that 3 teams all need to score in the same endzone. So not only are you trying to score, but trying keep an opponent from beating you to the endzone.

"Never, NEVER, disturb a Minotaur while he's eating!"

Coach Tad Bloodthrasher after he tried to get his Starplayer to get his mind back on the game. (He was lucky. He only lost an arm).