Web-based BB?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Web-based BB?

Post by christer »

I'm considering trying my hand at creating a web-based blood bowl, almost like PBeM, but using a web interface instead.. In a quick overview, this would have a range of benefits such as centralized dierolls (ie, much harder to cheat) and ability for others to watch games played by others.

Now, I'm wondering if this is anything you people would give a chance? Perhaps there's even people out there who'd like to help building the thing?

Also, is this allowed from a legal perspective? Would it be any different than any online client (either direct connection or PBeM clients)?

-- Christer

Reason: ''
jeffzimm1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeffzimm1 »

A web based Blood Bowl exists already. There is a software download in order to allow for certain capabilities, but it allows all kinds of play. The website also tracks play and has leagues.

go to: OLBBL.com and see for yourself.

"Never, NEVER, disturb a Minotaur while he's eating!"

Coach Tad Bloodthrasher after he tried to get his Starplayer to get his mind back on the game. (He was lucky. He only lost an arm).
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

I think you misunderstood me.
By web-based, I mean _fully_ web based.. Olbbl is just a league manager, but they (atleast when I played it) use Avi Stetto's client to play the actual games..

What I'm thinking of is to create a site where you can play the game in addition to see rankings and such.. Also, the games would not be in "real time", but could be extended over a period of several days, much like the PBeM systems in existence..

-- Christer

jeffzimm1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeffzimm1 »

Sounds cool. I would think that it would be a hit.

"Never, NEVER, disturb a Minotaur while he's eating!"

Coach Tad Bloodthrasher after he tried to get his Starplayer to get his mind back on the game. (He was lucky. He only lost an arm).
neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

I'm up for it. I'm building a Database for teams, we should standardize and make them work together.

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Neoliminal,

Very good idea. I have set up a database as well, but I'm willing to compare designs and modify if needed. Maybe we should use another channel of talking other than this forum? I'm sure people here aren't too interested in database design issues :)

Contact me by mail or icq and we'll talk.

-- Christer